Anime United: One World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
~Administrative Council~
Kirito Gekko
Tenjinsai Bushinji
Kuroishi Homura

~Managers~
Kumo

~Moderators~

~Lead Moderators~
Fabled (Bleach)
Aria (Naruto)

~Sub-Moderators~
Bleach
Chaos Kaiz

Naruto
Vacant

One Piece
Kite
Koga Senju

~Support~
Mikoto Kurokei
(Tests & Ranks)

~Content Team~
Himurotaiki
Nightshade Servers: Discord
If you have been enjoying the forum, come check out our discord.

You can chat with the other members casually in text or voice chats as well as keep up to date on anything going on.

So what are you waiting for, click HERE and come join our discord community!
Facebook Page Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTubeForumotion on Google+

The Man Behind The Legends

2 posters

Go down

The Man Behind The Legends Empty The Man Behind The Legends

Post by Tenjinsai Bushinji Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:32 pm

Tenjinsai made good time heading to the academy, only taking at most a minute or two to arrive with shunpou. Now that he was there though the hard part would begin. He was in search of a teacher, a man by the name of Takahashi. He did not even know what his surname was either nor what he looked like. It was almost as if he had come hunting down some kind of myth or legend that only rumors had been whispered of. Granted it was not actually akin to that, he knew the man existed, or at least did at one point. Tenjinsai had not even given a moment to consider that maybe he was not alive anymore. From what he had remembered hearing he was already an old soul back when he taught his father in the academy. That would have been over five hundred years ago at this point. Of course souls had greater life spans then normal humans, even more so for those with great spiritual power.

Even souls died of old age though, no one was an exception. It all came down to a question of when, though it was typically not the most common cause of death to be fair. At this rate, if he had to place a guess, the man could have most likely been over a thousand years old. For him to expect the man to still be alive and kicking, it may be expecting to much. The only way to know though would be to start looking around and asking questions. That was exactly what Tenjinsai set to out to do as well. It started with approaching students, asking them if they had heard of him or knew where the man could be located. The few students he had approached though did not recognize the name, they also seemed to be more interested in him as well. It was not often that a ranking officer of the Gotei Thirteen decided to stop by the academy. 

The fact that he was a Vice Captain seemed to peak a lot of interest among the students. More then Tenjinsai was comfortable with to be honest. However those that did not oogle over him and ask questions about his personal life did provide some information. Many of them pointed him in the direction of the training field, a place that the students often practiced kidou. It would seem natural for a teacher of kidou to be in the place that they practiced it. Now the next big piece of information would obviously be figuring out where the hell the training field was. Tenjinsai had never gone to the academy and received the formal education a lot of the other students did. That being the case, he was essentially wandering around aimlessly until he found what he was looking for. Perhaps if he had thought to ask them where it is he wouldn't be in the situation he currently found himself.

He sighed lightly, stopping in the midst of a hall, looking around trying to get some bearing as to where he was or where to go. As he did so he felt a light poke on his shoulder, someone attempting to get his attention again most likely. Turning around, Tenjinsai found himself pleasantly surprised by the sight that he beheld. "Tenjinsai, is that really you?" Standing in front of him was not only his older sister Amaya, but her daughter Aina as well. He had not seen her for quite some time, since he had left the estate in fact. "It is indeed me, as shocking as that may be given my attire. But what are you two doing here? Is my niece here going to join the academy and become a shinigami as well?" There was a pause at that as Tenjinsai watch his sister look down at the small soul next to her. "Aina, sweetie, why don't you go look at those bulletins on the wall over there for a moment.

Me and Uncle Tenjinsai just need to talk about some grown up stuff." "Ok mommy." With that she was off and out of ear shot for whatever reason his sister could have desired. Did he perhaps breach a topic that she was not quite comfortable with. Sure, Aina was young, but many souls from noble families were sent to the academy when they were children. It was not just to learn to become a shinigami, there were also general education courses as well. It was as close to a school that they had in the Soul Society. Considering that their entire family was composed of shinigami as well, it was a bit unusual. "Did I say something wrong?" His sister shook her head, looking over at Aina for a moment before turning her attention back to Tenjinsai. "No, it is not that. Her father is actually very protective and is not enthusiastic about Aina becoming a shinigami. Of course father cannot wait for her to join the academy, and here I am in the middle."

"Mmmm." Tenjinsai nodded his head lightly while biting the inside of his cheek. A precarious situation that he had wished he had not asked about. He had no idea how to really comment on it nor felt like he had the right to. Sure, Amaya was his sister, Aina was his niece, but this was a decision best left to the parents. They should do what they felt was right for her, even with fathers imposing will. It was almost expected for a member of the family to follow in the 'legacy' it had created. Tenjinsai was the sole exception given the circumstances of his life. Though even he had now ended up becoming one, it was something that was inescapable. "Ermmm." Tenjinsai jumbled a few words around in his head, trying to formulate some kind of a response that would ease the situation. Perhaps he could even somehow give his sister some guidance.

"Maybe, you and Taisa should just sit down and figure out what you want for her future. It is up to you two in the end no matter what father or anyone else says." The two then split their eye contact to turn their gaze over to Aina who looked back just as quickly. She smiled vibrantly, as children always did, naive to the world around them as it was. Amaya offered a warm smile and Tenjinsai waved at his young niece before removing themselves from that brief respite from life. "I suppose that would be best. I know that he wants her to stay away from all of this though, it will keep her safe in the end. Maybe that is what we will do, for now. In the end, once she is grown, it will be up to her what she wants to do with her life." Tenjinsai crossed his arms over his chest and smiled lightly at his sister. "As ever a fair exchange as I have heard. Hopefully your hubby will see it the same way."

She laughed lightly before following suit and also crossing her arms over her chest. She glanced over to Aina, smiling lightly as she spoke. "He puts up a good front but he is a softy on the inside, especially for his little girl." "That is good then I suppose. I know everyone could use all the help that they can get, especially right now with everything going on. It really is best to keep her out of it, until this has passed." Amaya nodded lightly, looking a little concerned as her gaze drifted away towards her daughter again. "She doesn't need to be involved in all of this bloodshed, not at her age. It would be too much for her. It is too much for some of us as it is..." Tenjinsai uncrossed his arms, his hands dropped down and his thumbs placing themselves in his sash. He looked down slightly, tracing lines along the lining between the floor tiles.

"I hope it comes to an end soon, all of this violence. I have only just gotten involved in everything and it is already overwhelming. People that were once allies killing each other over nothing more then what is really an ego trip. Why can't they just sit down and discuss it like mature adults, why war." Thoughts of his brother passed through his head after saying that. It was not a topic brought up often, and for very obvious reason, but his brother had once had two daughters. It was because of all of the in fighting that was going on that she ended up losing her life. So much senseless violence, so much loss of life. It was more then he could understand, then he wanted to understand. Tenjinsai knew that order had to be upheld, and that someone had to lead the Gotei Thirteen and effectively the Soul Society. But did people really need to die for it to be settled?

No one had been left unscathed by the rampant ruination. The words of his zanpaktou rang through his head as he thought about it. He was supposed to bring peace, to set the world right and bring them into a new order. He would certainly like to bring an end to things, to see peace in the Soul Society once again. "Amaya, if I told you I would bring peace to the Soul Society would you think I was crazy?" An eyebrow raising was the first reaction, followed by a look of confusion as if she was trying to find some non existent item to explain what her brother had just said. "I mean, that is just, why would you ask me such a thing?" As expected her reaction was less then favorable, not surprising in the least. Anyone saying such a thing other then perhaps one of the Captains would be absolute lunacy. But for some reason his zanpaktou was firm in its beliefs, and Tenjinsai was starting to believe it.

"It is just something that someone very close to me had said. I am finding myself starting to believe it the more I think about it. Though perhaps I am just losing my mind." He laughed a little bit and turned away slightly, looking over at the various students that wandered the hall as well as his young niece. "Someone has to do it though, these children do not need to die needlessly. Maybe I can be the one to do it, I don't know, but if I can at least help in some way, I would gladly lay down my life to do so." After saying what he had his sister began to laugh, not a lot, but just enough to be confused and slightly offended. She waved at him as she laughed, calming herself down as she did so and apologized for doing so. "I was not laughing at you Tenjinsai, truly. It is just that you sound exactly like father." He moved his face slightly, a look of mock disappointment appearing on it.

"I suppose I can take that as a compliment, he does have a lot of redeeming qualities after all. He is just a little headstrong at times." She laughed again very briefly and nodded at him while looking him over quickly. "It is true, he can be quick to act on certain things and definitely stuck in his old ways. But he is kind, honorable, and above all loyal. These are the traits that you share with him. But you are different as well, which is good in its own way as well. Maybe you can make a change, it is not my place to make that judgment. But, if you believe in something then you should pursue it. Just, be careful." He smiled quickly, and placed his right hand behind his head, scratching as his gaze traveled off into the distance. "You know me well enough to know that is an impossibility. Trouble seems to follow me wherever I go. I will just have to start being one step ahead of it. Ohh!!"

Tenjinsai clapped his hands together loudly, startling Amaya and some of the others in the area drawing their attention to the two siblings. He looked around awkwardly, somewhat embarrassed and waved it off as nothing more then an accident. In reality he had remember his purpose for being there and wanted to see if maybe Amaya knew anything about this Takahashi fellow. "Umm Amaya, do you happen to know a teacher here by the name of Takahashi? I know that he had taught both father and Uncle Hayashi when they had been students." There was a brief silence as his sister thought over his question. Her hand quickly shot up though, the index finger pointed outward as it appeared she came to an answer that seemed favorable to his search. "Takahashi, yes I know him. He had actually taught both me and Tsunkai when we were enrolled in the academy. Father made a special request of the academy that he be our instructor."

Bingo, that was just what Tenjinsai was looking for. Hopefully she would be able to point out to him where he was so he could get on with his little 'quest', so to speak. "Would you happen to know where I could find him? I actually came here hoping to seek his guidance in learning some Kidou." Amaya's head cocked slightly, her eyes getting wide and eyebrows raising up. "Oh, trying to get a leg up on father perhaps?" He laughed nervously, turning his head to the side and looking off down the hall. "Maybe, I just want to improve my abilities so I can be more then just another run of the mill shinigami." She nodded lightly, and then pointed off down the hall to his right. "Down that way if you keep following the hall and then take a right you should end up near the training grounds. Pay attention to the wall placards with directions on them and you should have no trouble finding it."

He nodded eagerly and started to head off in the direction that was pointed out to him. He stopped short though, not wanting to leave without saying goodbye at least after their first meeting in quite some time. "Sorry about that, just eager to meet whoever this apparently prodigious teacher is. It was, it was good to see you again Amaya. Hopefully it will be more common place for me to be around the manor. But for now, I will probably stay the course and keep my distance. You can always find me in the Eighth Division Barracks though!" To that she smiled lightly, but it quickly faded and it was more then obvious she was disheartened and bothered by the fact. It had been a long time since they had last seen each other, so the conversation was probably a massive relief on her part. Tenjinsai had enjoyed it as well, sharing a strong bond with his siblings despite the separation.

Unfortunately he did not have the luxury of being with them as much as everyone would have liked. He had to settle for what he had now until things changed. Amaya and Tsunkai had to do likewise, and nobody was happy about it. Tenjinsai sighed lightly, scuffing at the ground with his right foot before moving forward and giving his sister a hug. "Things will change eventually, it is just a matter of time. We all just have to keep holding on." She nodded and returned the hug, the embrace lasting for a few seconds before the two let go and backed away from one another. Amaya wiped a tear away from her left eye before calling Aina over, waving her towards them as she did so. "Aina come here sweetie. Come say goodbye to Uncle Tenjinsai. He has somewhere that he needs to go now." Excited as ever, the small girl ran over and jumped at Tenjinsai, clinging to his waist with a grip that was surprisingly strong.

"Wow, you sure are a strong one aren't you. Here, up we go!" Leaning down, he placed his hands under Aina's arms and lifted her up, holding her properly for a hug. "You keep being a good girl and listen to your mother and father alright? Maybe whenever I come to visit I will bring you something nice if you behave, ok?" In a split second Aina's face lit up like a christmas tree and she nodded her head until it looked like it would fall off. "Yes, I will be a good girl for mommy and daddy. Promise!!" Tenjinsai smiled and bent back down putting his niece on the ground and sending her off to her mother. It may be a long time until he saw them again, but he would have to remember that. She made a promise to him and he made a promise to her. "It is a deal then. As long as you behave I will bring you something nice when I visit. Promise."

Her face beamed with light as she grinned widely and took hold of her mothers hand. The two waved as Tenjinsai walked away, heading down the hall toward the training ground. He continued to smile as he left until he turned the corner at the end of the hall, taking the right he was told to take. He wanted to be happy that he saw them, but he really couldn't be. Not knowing when he would see them next hurt more then the happiness that he felt right now. Chance meetings were no way to get together with ones family. He did not even know that Aina had been born until she had turned two. Even then he had to wait another few months before he could manage a way to visit them. It killed him, but also drove him at the same time. Everything would change eventually, it was just a matter of time, or at least he hoped that would be the case.

Tenjinsai needed to just continue moving forward, ever viligante in his quest. For now though, he had to find Takahashi. Now that he had an idea of where he was he just needed to actually find him. He headed off, somewhat aimlessly, towards the training grounds by following the signs and directions his sister had given him. It was a few minutes but he eventually found himself at the training grounds. They were large, very large, and populated heavily with students blowing small targets to pieces via practice. Amidst all of the yelling and explosions, he spotted one many who stood out from the rest. He was of average height, average build, and was certainly aged. He was issuing instructions, pointing and directing the groups of students to move up to the line and when to fire.

'That has to be him.' Tenjinsai made his way over, excited to meet this individual he had heard so much yet so little about. All of the mystery surrounding him had built the man up in Tenjinsai's mind and made it all the more exciting when he was finally standing up next to him. Clearing his throat, Tenjinsai bowed slightly, offering some respect to his senior, and then asked the fateful question. "Excuse me sir, I do not mean to intrude but I must ask you a question. I am looking for a man by the name of Takahashi, are you him?"
Tenjinsai Bushinji
Tenjinsai Bushinji

Race : Vaizard
Class : Genius
Power : 172000
Strength : 70
Stamina : 210
Speed : 211
Energy : 226
Perception : 210
Energy Speed : 223

Back to top Go down

The Man Behind The Legends Empty Re: The Man Behind The Legends

Post by Tenjinsai Bushinji Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:59 pm

After Tenjinsai asked the question there was a pause as the teacher seemed to look him over. The suspected man's eyebrows raised as he looked him over, smiling briefly at the end before beginning to nod. "I am indeed Takahashi, though that is my family name. Judging by your appearance I assume that you must be Tenjinsai?" He was taken aback, confused at how he could possibly know who he was. Could his father had sent word ahead that Tenjinsai would seek him out for teaching? There was no way though that he could have even remotely known that he would do so. It was something that he had come to of his own accord, not being a part of any plan that he had been ordered to fulfill. If that was not the case though, how could he have possibly known who he was. "I...am. But, how could you possibly know who I am without us ever having met?"

The older gentleman laughed, his arms clasping behind his back as he began to walk away to a small building near the training field. "Follow along young man, I will explain everything to you and then we can discuss why you are here." Tenjinsai did as he was told and followed behind him quietly as they moved into the small building. It seemed almost like an office of sorts, perhaps for whoever was minding the field at the time. Certainly one could say it was small, even tiny perhaps. There was just enough room to fit a table with several seats and that was about it. A modicum of privacy if it was needed while on the job it seemed. Tenjinsai sat down following suit of Takahashi who had already done so. "I take it you are here to ask for my teachings?" Another bingo for the old man as it was. He had already successfully deduced who he was, and now why he was here.

It was strange, almost mysterious and threatening that he knew as much as he did. It did not sit right with him for some reason, but something about him told Tenjinsai to trust in the old man. "It seems you already know, but yes, I have come here to ask for your tutelage in the art of kidou. I know that you taught most of my family in the art of kidou and taught them well. I would humbly ask that you impart your wisdom unto me as well so that I may improve my skills as a shinigami." There was silence following that, Takahashi stroking his beard as he looked over the young man before him. His eyes narrowed as he looked him over once again, thinking over the situation and deciding on the young shinigami's request. He looked away briefly after that, gazing out the window and smiling for a moment. "I will teach you Tenjinsai, just as I taught the rest of your family.

You are all incredibly talented and are meant to do great things in your lives. It is an honor to be able to assist you in these tasks." Takahashi's head lowered slightly, giving a simple bow to offer a form of respect to Tenjinsai. He stood up quickly, refusing the respect that he was offered, not being deserving of such a notion from a seasoned and wise man as he was. Tenjinsai was just a child that had been gifted with natural talent. He knew little of the world and his skills were rudimentary at best. His ability in kidou was lack luster, as were his skills in the other arts. The only area that he shone at all was his zanjutsu. Even that was only because he had used his blade in combat for over one hundred years. Outside of that he only knew two very basic kidou and how to utilize the most basic forms of shunpou. He was not skilled, he was just gifted.

To be honest it was almost embarrassing to be looked at in such a light. For people to think so highly of him even though he knew next to nothing. His ideals were even less lofty, having only lived to win his father's favor until recently. His strength was almost wasted upon him as he had never truly sought out greatness in his life. Everything to this point had been thrust upon him or appointed by those of true power and repute. He hung his head slightly, thinking over the choices he had made in his life to this point. "I do not deserve the respect that you offer me Takahashi Sensei. I have done nothing with my life to this point and anything that I have accomplished has been given to me. My strength is mostly attributed to my lineage and I have little in the way of skills or knowledge." Tenjinsai knelt down to the floor as best he could in the small room and placed his forehead against the ground.

He wished to offer his most humble respect to this man who had offered to teach him. He would be able to truly develop his skills and advance down the path of becoming a shinigami. "I humbly offer you whatever respect someone like myself can offer you for the great service you have offered me. My only question at this point though is when can we begin?" He slowly eased himself up off the floor as he felt the older shinigami's arms wrap under his own and help him up. "Come, stand up Tenjinsai you need not show such respect to an old man like me." Takahashi's arms swept around the now students shihakushou sweeping away any dirt and dust that had found their way onto it from his prostration. "You may have no purpose at the moment and nothing of repute to speak of, but you are the future."

He motioned his arm towards the door leading back out into the training field and Tenjinsai quickly moved outside with his new teacher following behind him. "If we do not do our best to nurture and grow the generation below us then we as mentors have failed and the Soul Society will be doomed. It is my duty to ensure that you are all ready to move into a future when those who once lead the way will no longer be there. Eventually it will be you young souls that will have to take the reins and impart your own wisdom to the generation beneath your own." Tenjinsai was once again humbled by the notion that was imparted unto him by Takahashi sensei. It was a noble ideal, one that would hopefully stick with him for the rest of his days. To nurture the younger generation was to succeed in securing a future for the Soul Society.

It was ultimately a very true philosophy as one day all of them would eventually be gone. Some may live for a great deal of time and become a part of Soul Society's history itself, but no one could live forever. They would all die on day and they would have to leave their duty to the ones that were left behind. Everyone around him seemed to have such lofty goals and noble ideas. It was only himself that fell short from everyone despite the expectation that everyone apparently had for him. Tenjinsai was supposed to be spectacular and accomplish the greatest of tasks that would be impossible for anyone else. He still could not see it, despite how much he had grown in such a short period of time. He could not find himself looking in the mirror the same way that everyone looked upon him. He was not a genius, nor was he remarkably talented.

He was another shinigami, just like anyone else, just naturally talented. He had achieved nothing of note nor had he truly pressed himself to do so. Though this self doubt may be exactly what has held him back from accomplishing such deeds. If he could not believe in himself though many others did, how could he ever do anything of note. He would need to push past himself to become who he was truly meant to be. "I will carry your words with me for the rest of my life Takahashi sensei. I can only hope to one day be able to give such wisdom to another the way you have given it to me." Tenjinsai felt a light hand pat him on the back reassuringly as he gazed out at the students training before him. "You will one day but you will have much to learn and time to enjoy while you are still young. Do not take the whole world on at once or you will find yourself overwhelmed quickly.

As long as you move deliberately and take things one step at a time, you will eventually get to where you are heading. Life is not a race, it is a journey meant to be taken in steps not leaps and bounds." This man was wise, that much Tenjinsai was certain of at this point. He spoke from experience and had a great understanding of how the world functioned. It was no wonder his family held him in such high regard. He found himself wishing he had sought this man out sooner so that he could imbibe in such intellect and genius. "But I am just rambling, you came here for training and so training you will get. First though we must know what knowledge you already possess. This way we can find a starting point and building upon the foundation you have already created." Tenjinsai nodded eagerly and put his right hand under his chin thinking over his very small set of skills.

"To be honest I know very little of the shinigami arts. I have been blessed with a powerful reiatsu and little more then that. In regards to kidou I only know two, Sho and Hainawa." The elder teacher nodded his head lightly while gazing out upon the students. It looked as though he was scanning over the entire field, giving each lane a look over before settling far to the right where it was more isolated. Takahashi's right arm extended outward, pointing to a lane furthest away from the students. "Head over there and we can begin your training. I will be up front and say that you will not learn anything astounding too quickly. Your skills are rudimentary and though you are talented you must start from the bottom and work your way up." He chuckled lightly, stroking his beard as he began speaking again. "You may very well find yourself in the same boat as these students here."

Tenjinsai had a feeling that things would turn out the way they had. He was not disappointed at all though at the turn of events. It was expectant of him and he would actually prefer it this way. He would be allowed to get a full education similar to what the students would receive at the academy. Though he would most likely excel through his training a great deal quicker then they would, he would start at the same base level they would. "Well, Takahashi sensei, where should we start?" The old man stroked his beard again, something Tenjinsai was beginning to figure out was a quirk or habit of his new mentor. It slowly donned on him that a lot of the people he had met had a little habit they indulged in. Whether it was conscious or not was something the did not know, but the quirks were there. Most of his family had a habit of putting their hands in the sleeves of their shihakushou or haori.

It was something his father had acquired from his grandfather and spread among the rest of the family from there. He himself had not yet acquired the trait, but he could seem himself doing so at some point. It was an inevitability that spread itself through his family, he was next on the list it would seem. A strange notion as any to be fair as well, but he had more important things to do. He needed to start training, and quickly, he had little time to be daydreaming as he needed to get back soon to reconvene with his companions. "You can begin right where these students are. We just began practicing the Byakurai today. Step into your lane and practice right alongside them." Takahashi began to walk away back towards where he had first been standing when Tenjinsai arrived. He stopped short for a moment and turned his head slightly to the right back towards the young Vice Captain.

"Just try to keep the power to a minimum. You may all be practicing the same kidou but be aware that you have far more reiryoku to put into your blast. Let's not destroy the training grounds if that is not too much to ask." Tenjinsai smiled very briefly and put his hand behind his head scratching his scalp. "I will do my best to minimize collateral damage." Takahashi simply gave a nod and continued to walk away as Tenjinsai turned to face into his lane. He had expected a little bit more of hands on training, but these were just the basics after all. If he could not manage to learn such a simple kidou without someone holding his hand then what hope did he have for the more powerful ones. Taking in a deep breath, Tenjinsai extended his right hand outward with his index finger pointed towards the target. Then, moving his left hand over the bicep of his extended arm, he gripped it lightly as if to brace for impact.

Now was the hardest part of the process, firing the actual blast. He had seen it performed before, recently as well as it was. His brother had used the Byakurai to kill one of the bandits that he had been fighting in the Rukongai recently. Even though it was such a low ranking kidou, its power could be tremendous if used by someone with enough strength and skill. The same could really be said for any of the kidou. Even the most basic of the hadou, Sho, could be absolutely devastating if used by a master of the art. While Tenjinsai was in no way a master or even what one could call proficient, he had enough strength to make up for it to a degree. The question now was if he could manage to control it well enough to not blow a hole right through the wall behind his target. Steadying himself, Tenjinsai took aim and pointed his index finger directly towards the center of the target.

He took in another deep breath and began to recite the incantation for the kidou. He spoke silently, uttering the words in silence as a light blue bulb began to gradually form at the tip of his index finger. As he continued to speak the 'words of power' the bulb started to spark and crackle lightly like lightning stretching and stringing from its source. Then all at once as he finished the incantation the bulb turned into a powerful thin beam rippling forward towards the target as he roared out the name of the hadou. "Hadou number four, Byakurai!!" The beam, though very thin, contained a great amount of power within it and the distance it travelled was proof enough. It ripped through just above the center of the target and left a hole the same size in the wall behind it. It continued to speed off into the distance slowly rising up into the air at the slight inclined angle it fired at.

After a few moments the light became faint enough that it could no longer be seen and faded off into the horizon of the Rukongai. Tenjinsai cleared his throat lightly and slowly paced around taking in his surroundings to see if anybody noticed. As he gazed about the other students and his new teacher it did not seem as though anyone had paid too much attention to him. Thankfully he had managed to keep things enough under wraps and hopefully he could continue to do so. Tenjinsai raised his right arm up again preparing yet another byakurai. His left hand bracing against his right bicep as he took aim towards the target once more. He would not be satisfied until he managed to hit the target dead center and struck a bullseye. It was certainly not required of him though, Takahashi-sensei had never even given him such a stipulation.

It was more a matter of his own person prowess and pride though. He was doing this for himself, to improve his abilities as an individual and a shinigami of the Gotei Thirteen. It was truly the first time that he had done something for himself and not just in the pursuit of a person or ideals. To be honest as well, he had to say that it felt, good. Perhaps this would be the first step down a different road, this new path that was supposed to be meant for him. It was small, almost insignificant in the grand scheme of things. But, even as small as it was, this one tiny act held more meaning in it then most of the things he had done to this point. It would mark a change in Tenjinsai's mentality and how he approached life in general from that day forward. It would start small, little things that would be barely noticable. But as time went on, he would turn into the person that he was meant to be.

Would he be a hero, no one could say. Will he one day be a great leader of men that would bring about a golden age of prosperity, uncertain. One thing though was certain, that whatever it was that Tenjinsai was to accomplish, would be momentous. But he had to start small, and learning one of the rudimentary academy kidou was about as small as it got. Once again finishing the incantation, Tenjinsai spoke out the name of the hadou and fired off the light blue bulb that had spun itself at the tip of its finger. "Hadou number four, Byakurai!" It rippled outwards once again in a powerful beam, this time soaring through the center of the target and driving through the wall behind it yet again. It travelled off into the distance, this time harder to see as it did not rise upwards at an incline and was truly a centered firing this time.

Folding his arms across his chest he looked off towards Takahashi-sensei with satisfaction only to be disappointed that his new mentor had not seen the act he had just performed. To be fair as well, there was not much to truly be impressed with as it was. He was a Vice Captain with reiatsu that was close to that of a Captain's. To not be able to properly use a simple hadou like byakurai would have been a great deal more to be disappointed with then pride for being able to perform it adequately. Now there was just the question of what he should do now. He had aptly learned the byakurai and was ready to move on to another lesson. He was certain to burn through the lower ranked kidou quickly with the natural prowess he possessed. Tenjinsai wanted to move as quickly as he could considering beyond learning he was also short on time.

Perhaps though he would not have anymore time at the moment to really attempt learning another kidou. It had already been quite a while since he had left and had spent most of his time talking with his sister and niece. He had barely had enough time as it was to meet Takahashi and learn the byakurai. Perhaps it was a good time for him to head back to the barracks and meet up with Aria and Mikoto. He was sure by now they had put together at least a few candidates. If he was lucky they may have even managed to actually gather the three recruits together. Tenjinsai was not going to hold his breath but it would be a pleasant surprise if they did. He made his way over to Takahashi-sensei preparing to tell him that he was going to head back to his barracks.

He had orders to fulfill and as much as he would have wanted to stay he could not. As he was making his way over though he stopped a moment and looked off towards the students that were practicing. There were a few that caught his eye and among them there was one in particular that was spectacular. She was firing the byakurai with such precision and skill that she easily stood out among her peers. The way she managed to perform was even similar to his own performance. The beam fired perfectly straight, well controlled, and hit its mark every time. He felt inclined to introduce himself to this woman and find out more about her. She could perhaps end up being one of those rare talents that pops up in the academy every so often. Someone who enrolls and has the potential to rise to an officer rank, perhaps even a Vice Captain or full fledged Captain.

Shifting his approach, Tenjinsai made his way over to her and lightly patted her shoulder. He did his best not to startle her by essentially sneaking up behind her. Despite his best efforts it seemed to have entirely failed as she jumped ever so slightly but just enough to be noticed by him. She quickly turned around and looked him up and down, trying to figure out why he had interrupted her. It took a few moments but he knew that she had taken notice of his Vice Captain's Badge when her eyes went wide and her head lowered slightly averting her gaze from his. "Forgive me for not offering proper respect sooner sir. I had not realized that you were a ranking member of the Gotei Thirteen. To what do I owe the honor of your presence?" Tenjinsai could not help but roll his eyes slightly at the protocol and fanfare to his simple presence.

He himself had always been one to follow the rules and enlisted proper respect and procedure when necessary. However, he did not particularly find it necessary, nor was he used to it as it was. Crossing his arms over his chest he leaned in slightly and laughed lightly as he began to speak. "No need to be so on edge miss. I may be a Vice Captain but I am just another shinigami like you and your fellow students. I cannot tell you to not follow procedure, but I will say that it is not necessary." Tenjinsai then pulled his right arm out and extended it outwards slightly and pointed his index finger at her. "However, the reason I wanted your attention is that I noticed the talent you display in kidou. For a student to display such proficiency is an indicator of greater things to come." Some of that was him just blowing hot air but he believed he knew what he was talking about.

He truly did want to find out more about this woman. Perhaps find out how long she had been in the academy and what her aspirations were. It did briefly cross her mind that if she was skilled enough to perhaps even offer her a spot on his mission team. That however, would be an offer reserved once enough information was gathered. For now, he had to start with the basics, like her name. "First though I will introduce myself and then hopefully you could give me the pleasure of doing the same. My name is Tenjinsai Bushinji, I am the Vice Captain of the Eighth Division." As he introduced himself he noticed an eyebrow raise on the woman he was speaking to. He was quite certain on what it was that had caught her attention because it was the same thing that always did.

As long as he had been alive, he had always been gauged by his name over who he was. It was not entirely a bad thing, if you were in the right circles and wanted to use the influence it carried. Tenjinsai was not that kind of person though, quite the opposite in fact. His name was an antithesis to the way that he wanted to live his life. It carried a heavy weight with it that put expectation on him of what he was supposed to do. It made him feel as though his own life had been predetermined for him. It was one of the many things that molded how he had developed and matured over the years and led him on the journey to where he was today. Certain things turned out differently then he would have expected them to. He had also found himself falling into the path that he had wanted to avoid so badly. It was not the fact that he had become a shinigami, but how he had become one.

He was essentially a pawn in a game, being appointed to his position and used to further the goals of others. At this point though the only thing he could truly do was to continue down this path and attempt to serve his own desires in the outcome. He would not settle for servitude, not forever, it was just a matter of time until he was able to thrive and achieve his own goals. He sighed lightly as he crossed his arms over his chest, awaiting a response from the woman. He was sure she would ask of his heritage, a conversation he was used to by this point. "I see, your family is quite well known if I remember correctly. But you, I do not think I have heard of you before today. That in itself almost makes you more interesting then the rest of your family." Tenjinsai could honestly say that the response in its entirety was not expected.

The first half of it, he had seen coming as he had come to expect since he was a child. However, the latter half of her response, it took him off guard. He had to pause for a moment and gather his thoughts, not entirely sure what to say to her. It appeared he did not have to though as she took the opportunity as her own. "Either way, since you were nice enough to introduce yourself, it would be rude of me to not do the same. My name is Reika Sokuchi, an academy student, though I am sure that is obvious." She gave Tenjinsai a coy look before placing her hands on her hips. She leaned in slightly and poised another question to him, the more obvious one considering where he was. "So, what brings a Vice Captain to the academy? It is rare for officers to be here let alone such a high ranking one." She was certainly a curious woman, perhaps too much so for her own good.

However he had to calculate an answer to this question. Telling Reika the truth would not be the most flattering of responses. A Vice Captain coming to the academy to learn the most basic of kidou would make his incompetence shine brightly like a beacon. No, he needed an excuse of some sort, perhaps the very reason he began to speak with her could be just that. "Well met Reika, and as for why I am here..." Tenjinsai turned and began to slowly pace around, taking in his surroundings and looking about at the other students to really sell the lie he was about to deliver. "I am here to gauge talent among the students for recruitment into the Gotei Thirteen. That in itself is the very reason I stopped to speak with you as I stated previously. You have talent, that much is obvious to me. I desired conversation with you to see exactly how much you possess."

His pacing stopped and he turned back towards her, his arms still fastened tightly across his chest. He was curious to see how she would respond as that in itself would reveal a piece of her personality too. She could be arrogant, humble, or perhaps fall into a neutral zone in between. "I suppose you could say I have some talent, though only in kidou. I do not believe myself to be excessively skilled. I just, apply myself where interested." So she was going the humble route, that much was clear at least with the aptitude that she was showing. For a new student to show such ability with kidou demonstrated her talents greatly. "Reika, I must say that you are underrating yourself. One should of course never get too enveloped with their own talent, but to not realize your own talents only serves to hinder your development.

You should accept your abilities with grace and always continue to build upon them. It will be a path that will serve you well into the future and bring you to great things."
There were a few moments that passed in silence as the words were absorbed into her with there meaning. She bowed shortly after, offering some respect to Tenjinsai and thanking him for his praise. "Thank you Tenjinsai, for your kind words. I can only hope that I will actually live up to those expectations." He nodded lightly in response and offered her a warm smile. "I do not wish to place expectations on you, just to have you realize your own potential. But regardless of what you do with your life you should always live it in a way that will be according to your own path. Living your life to the beat of another's may bring you success, but it will not make you happy."

Tenjinsai found himself almost surprised at the depth of his own words. He had never been one to really dabble in words, especially using them eloquently. Here he was though, spinning life lessons to a woman he had just met. This meeting would be cut short though unfortunately as an explosion could be heard in the distance. Only moments had passed before smoke could be seen on the horizon. Everyone stopped what they were doing almost instantaneously, turning to look in the direction it was eminating from. It was at this point Tenjinsai wished he had been more familiar with the Seireitei. The smoke was not coming from too far off but he could not even take a guess to what region it was originating from. Tenjinsai turned quickly to Reika, giving a quick nod and then ran off to Takahashi-sensei, hoping he could shed some light on the situation.

"Forgive me for cutting our conversation short Reika but duty calls. Hopefully we can meet again soon and finish our conversation." He did not give her enough time to respond as he sprinted off covering the small distance between himself and his new teacher quickly. As he stood next to the much older shinigami, it was clear that he showed concern for the situation, especially with how close the smoke was to the academy. "Takahashi-sensei, do you know where that smoke is coming from? It looks close but I couldn't say where exactly." His sensei turned, eyeing over his students briefly before turning his gaze to Tenjinsai. "It is nearby, but far enough away to be at a cross district between the academy and another squads grounds. If I had to make a judgment it would probably be coming from the Fourth Division's territory."

With those words Tenjinsai felt his heart skip a beat as his eyes went wide. Realization hit him like a ton of bricks as he remembered where his sister had been headed. Amaya was heading towards the Fourth Division barracks to tend to her duties, being a member of the squad it was natural. If this destruction had occurred between the academy and the Fourth barracks that it was a possibility that she could have been involved. "Takahashi-sensei, get these students to safety. I have to find out what is going on, stay safe." Without another word Tenjinsai had vanished in a blur of shunpou heading towards the origin of the explosion. The only thing driving through his mind at the moment was that he would get there and his sister would be nowhere to be found. He did not want his family involved in this chaos though their father drove himself into the middle of it.

His father being at the heart of these conflicts but their entire family in danger. The first time Tenjinsai had set foot in the Seireitei after several decades had put him at risk of being made a hostage in this war. It agitated him to no end that they were now collateral in a conflict that they had no real business being involved in. They had been brought in by force from the actions of another and now had to fight it to the end or be destroyed. Tenjinsai's main driving force was just bringing about peace to their war torn world. He wanted the bloodshed to stop and have the shinigami begin working together again. There was no true clarity on when such a thing could be accomplished, but hopefully it would be soon. It would also be soon when he arrived on the scene of the aforementioned chaos and bared witness to what was going on.

When he arrived he saw a multitude of shinigami, between ten and fifteen if he had to put a number to it. Amidst this group there were four people he recognized by name, and one he recognized by their garb. He wasted no time in reaching for his zanpaktou and unsheathing it. There was danger here, and a great deal of it. Something told him as well that he would not be able to bank on his father and uncle showing up to save them this time. It was up to him to resolve this situation, and he was unsure if he could. Moving forward slowly Tenjinsai took the time to identify each of the combatants he recognized, and the allies he had not wanted to find. At the forefront of the situation was none other than Lieutenant Hisakawa, the same woman that attempted to take him as a hostage before. She was locked in combat at the moment with Taisa and Amaya.

Taisa seemed to be holding his own, but the pair looked worse for wear considering the number of hostiles they were facing. Beyond them and Hisakawa though was a group of shinigami in standard uniform and amidst them, the one that Tenjinsai was concerned about. There was a man wearing the haori of a Captain, and he presumed him to be one. What was truly startling to him though was what, or who more appropriately, the shinigami next to the Captain was holding. It was his niece Aina, captive by these bastards to an unknown end. Tenjinsai could feel anger boiling up in him as he allowed his reiatsu to flare outward. A low rumbling could be felt as it unfurled itself in the surrounding area and the ground beneath him cracked lightly under each step he took. He wanted to make his presence known and hopefully be able to scare off the lesser combatants, or at the very least keep them out of the battle.

He would need to tread lightly though, unsure of what they would do to Aina if he did not exhibit restraint. If things turned south for the aggressors things could get dangerous. But first thing was first, introductions of the unfriendly kind had to be commenced and of course Lieutenant Hisakawa had the biggest mouth of all. "Well well, if it is not little Ten-Ten. My, you have gotten quite strong in such a short amount of time. Maybe our last meeting woke up something in you?" Tenjinsai gritted his teeth as he continued to move forward, standing in a triangle between her, and his two allies. He stood silent for a moment and raised his blade, pointing it towards Hisakawa. "Perhaps that could be the case, perhaps not. One thing that is certain though, you need to stand down or this time I will be the one to force you to the ground."

There was laughter almost immediately following what Tenjinsai said from the deranged woman. She cackled loudly, her left arm clutching over her abdomen as she did so. Tenjinsai could only roll his eyes as he looked on, waiting for her to finish which took only a few moments at least. "I had never realized you were such a comedian Tenjinsai. Clearly you must be joking as you believe that you stand a chance against me." He allowed his reiatsu to flare outwards once again, thick pressure pushing down on the area causing Hisakawa and many of her subordinates to buckle or even drop to the ground under its pressure. There was only one individual that was not effected by his reiatsu and that was the Captain who he assumed was the leader of the group.

Tenjinsai stopped after proving his point and moved the direction his blade was facing from Hisakawa towards the Captain. "You are clearly the leader of this group of rogues, identify yourself, Captain." The man kept a straight face as he took several steps forward, his zanpaktou still remaining inside of its sheath. "You are quite bold young man, to address a superior in such a way. Though, that boldness can perhaps be a good trait as well. Regardless, is it not simple manners to introduce yourself before asking the name of another?" Tenjinsai tightened the grip on the hilt of his zanpaktou as he swung it through the air, a threat to all that would stand against him. He had not come here to play games, even more so when he saw the individuals that were involved in combat. Though it seemed he may have to play by their rules if he wanted to assure that nobody was harmed by these rogues.

"As you wish, sir. I am Tenjinsai Bushinji, Vice Captain of the Eighth Division. Now identify yourself and tell me why you have taken my niece hostage!" A smile crept up onto the mans face at Tenjinsai's outburst. He turned his head slightly to the right and looked at the small child before turning his attention back to the angered Vice Captain. He moved forward once again and pointed his right arm out towards Taisa and Amaya, then towards Tenjinsai himself as he spoke. "Much better Tenjinsai, I am glad that brute of a man you call your father taught you some form of manners. Now to introduce myself, I am Maximilian Wulf, an odd name to you to be certain but it is my name one way or another. I am Captain of the Fifth Division and the rightful leader of the Seireitei, not you criminals." Tenjinsai could not help but roll his eyes at the mans words.

None of them seemed to understand that if they continued going on the way they were, there would not be a Seireitei to lead at the end of it all. They could not see the violence and destruction that they wrought. "You are all the same and yet you will never understand that either. All of you will end up fighting until everyone is dead and you can sit and gaze upon your kingdom of death. You are blind to everything but your own objectives ignoring the plight of the weak and weary. I despise you and those like you and will continue to fight until your kind have been eradicated." The two locked eyes amidst the crowd of shinigami, staring in silence, though their intensity could have struck a lesser man dead. Nobody moved a muscle, not out of a lack of desire either but purely out of fear for what was to come. There was the open space of where to go from here, how to proceed forward through this situation.

The back of Tenjinsai's brain was screaming danger, and he made every effort to ignore what his senses were telling him. He was going to end up fighting Maximilian, there was no avoiding that. Nobody else here was going to be able to take him on, even he might not be able to. The man was a Captain, though his personality was horrendous his strength was first class. His reiatsu would be more then a match for Tenjinsai as well as the fact he almost certainly possessed a Bankai. Without having one of his own, the young Vice Captain was sure that he would lose in combat. One way or another though, he had to, and was going to try. Tenjinsai was struck from this thoughts, as was everyone else, as an annoying high pitched voice rippled through the area. "So, are we going to get this party started or are we going to stare at each other all day."

It was not surprising that Hisakawa was the one that wanted to get things started, her brashness was one of her most prominent features. That, coupled with her over bearing arrogance, it was amazing anyone could stand to be in her presence for more then a few minutes. Then again, subordinates could not really chose their superiors. If not for the fact that they were all in league with one another, Tenjinsai would almost feel bad for them. But it appeared it was time to get things started, whether he wanted to or not. Violence would only be solved with violence it seemed and someone would lose their life today. Tenjinsai moved forward slowly towards Hisakawa, his opponent doing the same. As they closed the gap, Captain Wulf moved back to where he had been before, satisfied with just watching the battle it seemed.

"Do not take too long Nana, we don't have all day to be dealing with these children. If you can manage to disarm them instead of killing them though, it may be worth the effort." She smiled fiendishly as she disappeared in a blur of shunpou, Tenjinsai doing the same, the two meeting in the middle of the remaining gap with a loud clang of metal. "I will attempt to finish this as quickly as I can sir, but I want to enjoy it as well..." She laughed viciously as Tenjinsai moved backwards, nimbly avoiding a wide slash from her blade. As she pressed towards him once more he used shunpou to distance himself and raised up his left arm, preparing the kidou he had just learned. On the tip of his index finger a bright blue ball crackled and formed, radiating with uninhibited power unlike before. "Hadou number four, Byakurai!!"

As he roared out the name of the kidou the small blue ball expanded exponentially and unleashed a massive beam of energy that threatened to destroy Hisakawa and a few of her cohorts.  She reacted quickly, a blue shield of circular energy forming before her and bracing herself against it. "Bakudou number thirty-nine, Enkosen!" The shield held up well against the beam but eventually shattered it striking her with its residual strength. It held enough power left in it to send her reeling backwards, skidding along the floor. Tenjinsai moved forward slowly, his blade hanging low in his right hand as he looked on triumphantly at his wounded opponent. "I am not the same man you fought before Hisakawa. I am stronger, much stronger, that much should be apparent to you now. You cannot defeat me..." The now wounded female picked herself up off the ground, a vicious smile bared on her face.

She stepped forward, slowly making her way towards Tenjinsai, the latter holding his ground. As she trudged onward, a light purplish hue began to swirl around her, very lightly at first and growing in intensity with each step she took. It began to slowly crackle, reaching outward in various directions before retreating back to her immediate vicinity. "You have gotten quite conceited as well as strong Tenjinsai. You have not even began to scratch the surface of what I can do. The real fight begins now...Sutoraiku, Sawagi!!" The purple hue around her changed drastically as she released her zanpaktou, turning into a swirling aura of lightning. Her zanpaktou itself did not change much except for the blade. It lost its edge becoming more of a rod or bar then a sword. But that in itself was the point of her power, the lightning gathering itself around the rod.

She swung her now released weapon, releasing the lightning that had been gathered in it and flinging it towards Tenjinsai. It streaked towards him in numerous tendrils of electricity, pure malice in its intentions. Raising his left arm again, he prepared another Byakurai hoping to neutralize energy with energy. The small light blue orb gathered again, swirling into a small orb at the tip of his index finger. A mere moment passed before it struck outward in a massive beam as it was fired. "Hadou number four, Byakurai!!" The giant beam collided with the Hisakawa's lightning and the two struggled against each other to gain the upper hand. Neither one seemed to be gaining an edge and after a few moments they exploded in a powerful surge of energy, shockwaves rippling through the area. Hisakawa once again protected herself with an Enkosen, the circular blue shield doing its job well.

Tenjinsai could only kneel low, shielding himself with his left arm as stray tendrils of energy slapped across his body, leaving him with a few scratches and cuts. He stood, no worse for wear realistically, but needing another strategy. He had forced Hisakawa to use her shikai, something he had not even gotten her close to doing before. If he operated under the assumption that she did not have a bankai, then she would not get any stronger then she was now. However, the lightning she could use was certainly dangerous, its strength rivalling the raw power that he possessed. He could always use his shikai and simply overpower her with it, but he did not want to burn through his energy too quickly. He had another, stronger, opponent to do battle with after her. If he could not defeat her without using all of his strength, then he would stand no chance against Maximilian.

He stared intently at Hisakawa, studying her every move, the two circling around each other. Tenjinsai looked for anything, a momentary distraction, a gap in her defense, something that would give him an opening to attack. He could not making this a prolonged battle, it was not an option. As much as he wanted to rush through this though, his opponents defense was tight and her offense strong. She was more powerful then he had originally assumed, though he never had the opportunity to see her true strength before either. She had outclassed him by so much before that he would have never been able to really gauge her power. The only thing he could do at this point was to prod her with some more kidou and see how she reacted. Tenjinsai had a few ideas to work around her powers, but there was no guarantee that anything would work.

He did not want to use his shikai to fight her, but he may very well end up having too. He raised his left arm up again and fired another Byakurai. Hisakawa countered with her lightning and the two blasts collided in the middle coalescing as they did before. Not being finished though, Tenjinsai fired another Byakurai into the exploding stalemate of energy pushing through the shockwave and striking against the Enkosen his opponent created to protect themselves. Then, moving with the use of shunpou he made his way behind her and rushed forward. Hisakawa was still dealing with the recoil of the second byakurai blowing through her shield but had enough coordination to attempt a reckless spin and swipe at the approaching Tenjinsai.

All of it being according to plan, he slid under her slash and continued under her with his left arm facing upward, palm open. "Hadou number one, Sho!!" As he slid under her Tenjinsai fired the hadou upwards at her causing Hisakawa to be launched up into the air several meters. While she was still in the air, Tenjinsai recovered quickly from his slide and prepared once last kidou. This time yellow energy gathered in his hand as he flung it forward like a thin elastic rope. It wrapped itself around Nana's waist and gripped her tightly. "Bakudou number four, Hainawa." Pulling downwards with all his might, Tenjinsai brought the Lieutenant back to the earth, slamming forcefully into the ground. A light grunt came from her as she collided with the solid floor as the air was forced from her lungs.

Tenjinsai needed to move quickly though, he knew that in itself was not enough to keep her grounded. She would be injured, but there was still plenty of fight in her. Yellow energy building up in his hand once again, he flung another rope of hainawa towards her. The bright yellow restraint wrapped itself around her upper body keeping her arms pinned to her side tighter then would be comfortable for anyone. Running forward, Tenjinsai held his left arm out, a bulb of energy for a byakurai poised on the tip of his index finger. He aimed it directly towards her head, but held back from firing it. "Stand down Hisakawa, I would rather not kill you if I do not have to. Do not give me a reason to end your life here." 
Tenjinsai Bushinji
Tenjinsai Bushinji

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenjinsai Bushinji Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:23 pm

Tenjinsai was not sure what to truly expect when he had commanded Hisakawa to stand down. She was clearly a mad woman that was loosely wrapped up with some self confidence from power and position. Now that she lay on the ground beaten and stripped of her dignity she slowly became unraveled. "You....you spoiled little fucking brat!! How dare you think yourself better than me just because you happened to be born with a silver spoon in your mouth." She thrashed around violently, fighting in futility to escape the bonds of kidou that restrained her. "I'll kill you, you hear me!! I'LL MURDER YOU, YOU BASTARD!!" Sighing lightly, Tenjinsai moved his hand from her head and dispelled the byakurai he had prepared to fire. Instead, he brought his zanpaktou forward and slammed the hilt of his weapon into her forehead.

Her rampant screaming of obscenities quickly died down as her eyes went dark. Within moments the blow had rendered her unconscious and her body slumped quietly. Tenjinsai closed his eyes and took a deep breath, calming himself and preparing for the true ordeal that was now before him. Hisakawa had been a strong opponent, but not too much of a challenge for someone of his caliber to deal with. Now though, a Captain of the Gotei Thirteen stood before him and was prepared to do battle. Tenjinsai did not know if he would survive this encounter or if he would even be able to put up a good fight. What he did know though was this, he would use every fiber of his being to protect his family. If this meant that he would die doing so, then so be it. His eyes then opened, a fierce sharpness to them as he turned his gaze back towards Maximilian.

"So, Captain, I have defeated your subordinate and taken her captive." Tenjinsai turned his gaze from the man for only a moment to look at the defeated woman that lay on the ground before looking back up to him. "The odds do not seem to be entirely in your favor." There was no great reaction from the Captain, only a simple raise of his right eyebrow that lasted mere moments. Maximilian moved forward slowly, clambering down from the pile of debris that had been created from the previous combat. "Oh Tenjinsai, you get ahead of yourself, as many children tend to do. You are strong, very strong, I will admit to you that much. However...." Captain Wulf drew his zanpaktou as he approached, a murderous intent emanating off of him that was amplified by the raw power of the reiatsu that rippled outwards in accompaniment.

"The difference between the power you possess and the strength that I have forged, are as different as night and day." Tenjinsai did not have enough time to feel fear. The Captain disappeared before him in a blur of shunpou and reappeared at his rear slashing widely across his back. Tenjinsai managed to spin around and just barely avoid a critical blow. It still struck him though, just shallow, drawing small quantities of blood from a light wound. He had expected the assault to continue as he looked onward at his opponent, blade at the ready. The second strike did not come though as Maximilian looked at his blade and then to Tenjinsai, eyeing the wound. A look of disappointment was struck upon his face as he took in the entirety of the situation, the result not being what he had desired. "I had wanted to end this in one decisive blow but it seems you are just enough of a nuisance to be able to resist me."

The Captain sighed loudly, hanging his head backwards, looking directly up into the sky above. "It was supposed to at least give you a merciful death being a fellow shinigami and warrior. I suppose though that I will not have to cleave you into pieces to get you to die. So be it..." Again Maximilian disappeared using shunpou and struck out at Tenjinsai. It was almost too fast for him to follow as the tip of his opponents blade swung across his chest, slicing through the outermost fabric of his uniform. 'Damnit. I knew he was strong but I did not think it would be this big a difference between us.' Things were not going his way, it was all Tenjinsai could do to not be struck down by the overwhelming force of his opponent. He had wanted to test himself, to see just how strong he was in comparison to the forces at work in the Soul Society and he now had his answer. He could resist no longer and if he had any chance at survival he had to use every weapon in his arsenal.

The first and greatest weapon at his disposal would of course be his Shikai. Tenjinsai had no desire to use it against Hisakawa, given how well he outclassed her even in her full capacity. If he had done so at that point, he would have given himself no hope against Captain Wulf. But now that he saw the mans full power displayed before him, he almost wished he had retreated when he had the chance. But that was not truly an option, not with his family's lives at risk. He had to stand, fight, and at the very least give them a chance to escape. Tenjinsai's next move was to flourish his blade and unleash his Shikai. A cascade of flames rippled outwards around him scorching the ground beneath him and heating the air around. He turned his gaze slightly, and only for a moment as he gazed back to Amaya and Taisa. "Go now and get help from Father and Uncle. I will hold him off for as long as I can and try to keep Aina safe."

His sister moved forward slightly, her left arm extended outward. "But..." Her desire to stay was quickly repulsed as Tenjinsai flared his reiatsu. He turned his gaze to her once more, a burning intensity in his eyes as he spoke a single word with the command of a god behind it. "Leave!!" Amaya stumbled backwards, not falling only by the grace of being caught by her husband. The two looked at each other briefly, looked back, and then fled into the labyrinth of the Seireitei. Tenjinsai could breath a sigh of relief as he felt their reiatsu fading into the distance as they gained ground from his location. It was two less lives that he had to be concerned about protecting and allow him to focus more so on the battle. His niece was still present though, but at a safe distance having been taken by one of Wulf's subordinates. "Impressive." A single word snapped Tenjinsai from his thoughts as his opponent spoke.

"To be so young and yet so talented, clearly your family has a penchant for prodigies. It is a shame that you could not be made to see the way things truly are." Maximilian moved around him in a semi circle, arcing to his left with Tenjinsai pivoting to keep the man to his front. "Though another trait your family seems to possess is an extreme and irredeemable stubbornness." The Captain sneered briefly before disappearing again, the fight beginning in earnest. However it seemed that released his shikai gave Tenjinsai just the edge he needed to fight on even terms with his opponent. His eyes could more easily read the Captain's movements as their blades clashed against one another. The powerful pair dashed about the area, each trying to gain an advantage against the other. It was clear though how the battle would eventually end.

Captain Wulf had not yet released his shikai, and he still had his bankai hidden behind that. Tenjinsai had simply been granted a momentary reprieve in all of this, one that would end soon. Flames licked the air as he matched Maximilian's movements. The palpable essence of their battle could be felt far and wide. "You truly are....quite talented." His opponent said between the parrying and delivering of attacks. Tenjinsai gritted his teeth slightly, sliding under an overhead slash and then returning with a midsection stab of his own. "I appreciate your candidness but...!" His eyes went wide for a moment as he narrowly avoided a swipe that would have plucked his right eye out of it socket. He was only attempting to speak but, even something as simple as that was an incredibly difficult task amidst this battle. "I don't appreciate you speaking of me as though I was a pet to be coveted."

Tenjinsai slid back slightly, granting himself some distance and a momentary reprieve from combat before he was plunged back into the thick of it. Captain Wulf seemed to indulge him further as he lowered his weapon, letting it hang limply at his side as he spoke. "But that is precisely what you are my dear Tenjinsai, you are but a pawn or toy." Tenjinsai moved to speak, possibly even strike out against but Maximilian held his off hand up, a single finger silencing the younger shinigami. "Everyone in this war is simply that my dear boy. It is simply a fact of the matter. There are those that control the ebb and flow of events and those that are swept away in the current." He grinned maliciously as he paced to his right, keeping his front facing mostly towards Tenjinsai, not foolish enough to give his opponent an advantage. "You are however much more valuable a pawn then many others in this game. The mere fact that you have given me this much trouble speaks volumes of your ability.

You fight in earnest, against me, a Captain no less, be proud of yourself. It is the only thing you will have left after you die..."
And as simply as that the battle had commenced once more with only Tenjinsai's reflexes keeping him from being given a swift death. One after another the blows rained down, a hail storm of strikes occuring over the course of only a second. The next strike came, an overhead slash, Tenjinsai prepared himself as he swung his blade upwards to meet his opponents blade. As he did so he gathered a portion of his reiatsu and expelled as he made contact. A burst of flames rippled upwards from his zanpaktou as he met Wulf's blade, the fireball charging through his opponents zanpaktou and forcing it out of the way. The Captain could barely avoid being singed as it soared only inches from his face up into the sky above them exploding in a massive rain of fire that fluttered down around them.

This time Maximilian would be the one to back away, clearly startled by the raw destructive power that was just demonstrated to him. "I said it once and I will say it again, very impressive my dear Tenjinsai. Perhaps it is now time for me to stop playing around as well." As he spoke he raised his zanpaktou up above his head, his left hand also rising up and laying at the very tip of it. "Karera o jimen ni okora seru, Hono no Hoseki!!" As Wulf spoke he moved his arms opposite of one another with his blade sliding across his hand. As he did his zanpaktou began to change and morph into its shikai form. It became shorter and became jet black except for what appeared to be a bright red jewel at the very base of the hilt.

In his off hand an identical copy of the zanpaktou in his right hand had now appeared. Tenjinsai had to pause for a moment as his eyes slowly went wide. He was unaware of another shinigami in the possession of dual zanpaktou. They were incredibly rare and as history dictated were typically employed by the most talented of shinigami. Among the users that he was aware of were two former Captains, Jyuushiro Ukitake and Shunsui Kyoraku. Beyond them his father was also a wielder of dual zanpaktou. Then there was also Aria in addition to the three of them. But now here before him he stood before the unveiling of a fifth, and very powerful, wielder of dual zanpaktou. "I can see that you are stunned by the power of my zanpaktou. I suppose one cannot be too surprised, it is not everyday you get to see a Captain's power first hand."

He smirked and then lifted both of his arms, his hands now level and sitting out in front of him. He moved them toward one another, the hilt of both his zanpaktou touch, the scarlet gems seeming to meld into one and the blades along with it. What Wulf now held in his hands resembled a bladed bow without a drawstring. Despite what it resembled, there was no way to really know what could be done with it. Tenjinsai would have to approach the battle with caution now. Even though it was only Maximilian's shikai, it still unveiled the true abilities the man possessed. "That is enough standing around now. I have places to be and things to do so let's wrap this up." Tenjinsai returned on guard and focused every fiber of his being on what his opponent was going to do next. Every single hair stood on end, his nerves tingled, and his eyes focused in sharply like a hawk waiting for the right moment to strike.

It was not Tenjinsai that was given the first opportunity of attack though. As quickly as the battle had recommenced, the young shinigami found himself on the wrong end of a furious barrage of energy beams. They rippled outward from the center of Maximilians zanpaktou, the red jewel glowing just before a blast was fired out towards him. It was everything that Tenjinsai could do to just avoid the beams and not be ripped apart by the singeing ferocity they possessed. Left, right, up, down, no matter how fast or how far Tenjinsai seemed to move his opponent was once again on his heels giving him not even a moment to breath or think. This was no longer a battle, it was a fight for survival for him. As the seconds passed though something struck Tenjinsai about the attacks that Wulf was using. They beams sure, but they were hot, red, and burning.

'Could his attacks also be fire based?' The thought occurred to him after observing them several times over. They seemed to carry a lot of the properties that flames would, just more focused and condensed. There was a chance he could use that to his advantage and turn this fight completely around. However, this opportunity would either bring great fortune or disaster. If he guessed wrong about the basis of Wulf's techniques, he would die for sure. Though if the battle carried on the way it was now, he would die anyway. This was the one chance he had, the only shot that could be used to try and turn this battle back into his favor. At the very least it would perhaps even things back up again. Steeling his will, Tenjinsai stopped short, standing dead in the path of another blast from Maximilian's zanpaktou. Extending out his right arm, Tenjinsai faced the tip of his zanpaktou toward the blast and braced himself for what was to come.

A few moments passed before the two objects made contact and the results were shown. There was a brief clash, fire on fire as the two different reiatsu' fought and mingled before the Captain's beam was subjugated. It began to destabilize and swirl around Tenjinsai's zanpaktou before being absorbed into it and rejuvenating him. The effects were not instantaneous but they were certainly fast enough. Tenjinsai could feel a clear boost to his reiatsu reserves and stamina from absorbing the Captain's attack. It was all quite exhilirating but the realization that dawned on him as well was also nerve racking. 'If I had not been able to absorb that I would have definitely died.' It was a huge gamble that paid off for him, this time. If these brash decisions were made consistently by him in battle he would not live long enough to see peace in the Soul Society.

He sighed lightly and gazed over to Maximilian who had a look filled with confusion and anger floating about him. It was clear he had some idea of what had just happened but not enough to truly know what it had actually done. There were many zanpaktou that could absorb energy or physical force, but what they did with it afterwards was the decisive factor. "Are you confused Captain, or are you just nervous that your trump card may have been a bust." Captain Wulf gritted his teeth as he slowly advanced towards Tenjinsai, his zanpaktou leveled and poised to fire more blasts at the younger shinigami. "You got lucky Tenjinsai, and luck was all it was. Just as anyone else as well, your luck will eventually run out!" With his words spoken the battle kicked off once more in full swing as a barrage of beams once again came soaring out towards Tenjinsai.

The young Bushinji did his best to avoid the blasts as he weaved left and right, narrowly avoiding being incinerated by their power. He waited again, this time just looking for a blast that was fired by itself to take the energy for himself. It took some time, what seemed like ages for him having to move at top speed just to keep up with dodging the attacks. Eventually though his opportunity came, a single beam rippled out towards him. Tenjinsai stood his ground, his zanpaktou pointed out towards the blast and devouring its energy as it made contact with his weapon. Again the energy invigorated him, increasing his reserves and power. Tenjinsai flaunted the rejuvenation, his reiatsu flaring wildly around the area in a massive inferno. "I appreciate the reiatsu you have lent me, Captain. Allow me to show you the full display of what I can do with it. Nenshou Dageki!!"

As Tenjinsai called out the name of the technique the flames around his blade began to fluctuate, condensing and then re-expanding over and over. As they did so the color of the flames changed from a bright orange/yellow to a brilliant glowing white at its core while turning yellow, orange, and then red as the distance increased. To the untrained eye one may not have even been truly aware to what had happened. With a simple swing of his blade across the ground it would become clear what had occurred to his zanpaktou; as the ground itself was scorched away leaving behind nothing but dust. Then, lifting his blade up in the air, Tenjinsai turned to his right preparing to lunge forward and strike; but not before he finalized his preparation. "Prepare yourself Maximilian, here I come!! Sugikasho!!" The flames on his blade erupted violently as Tenjinsai used another technique.

The blaze moved upwards across his arm and engulfed the entirety of his right limb and leaving a trail of flames from his shoulder that extended out almost like an exhaust of a car. With his power at its peak, Tenjinsai then lunged forward, his blade raised high and prepared to strike. As he did so his opponent unleashed a barrage of blasts that were smaller then before, but faster. Tenjinsai moved rapidly, dodging and weaving between them with shunpou as he approached; the boost from absorbing the two blasts giving just enough extra oomph to do what he needed. Slipping past the last of the blasts, Tenjinsai swung his blade downward with all his might and unleashed a wave of flames so massive it reached to the skies above destroying everything in its path. Standing back after his attack, the young shinigami observed the smoke as it cleared to see if anything would move.

'I doubt that would be enough to kill him. Hopefully I at least wounded him well enough.' The attack had a significant amount of power put behind it and the toll could be felt by Tenjinsai well enough. He had expelled all the extra energy absorbed from Maximilian and then a fair amount of his own. Tenjinsai's Nenshou Dageki and Sugikasho also deactivated after attacking leaving him in his base shikai. Though he was tired, his hopes were still high as nothing had moved from beyond the wreckage. That small hope he had gathered would be crushed quickly all in a single moment as a crimson glow began to shine through the smoke. Once cleared, one could see Captain Wulf burrowed into a small crater at the point of impact, a crimson shell surrounding him. He stepped forward slowly and climbed his way out of the crater, the barrier around him splintering and cracking as he moved until it completely broke apart.

Tenjinsai's opponent stood before him, no much worse for wear and the situation as disheartening as possible. "Marvelous Tenjinsai, truly marvelous. To command so much power at so young an age, you must be a true prodigy." The older shinigami sighed, hanging his head back slightly and looked up into the sky above. "When I say that it is incredibly despairing to have to slay such a talented shinigami like you, I wish you to know I speak the truth." Maximilian shook his head as he spoke, his gaze turning down from the darkened sky and back to Tenjinsai. "I will carry the remorse with me for many years. If only you could have been made to see things our way." The Captain raised his zanpaktou up in front of him and released it, the psuedo bow hovering in the air as a faint crimson glow began to eminate from it.

"Now is the time for you to die Tenjinsai, farewell young prodigy. Bankai, Tengoku no Akai Nami!!" As the Captain spoke those words the young Bushinji's heart sank to a pit that could not be climbed out from. With those five words Tenjinsai's fate had been sealed, his life ended. There was little he could do now but lament and pray that help would arrive in time. He steeled himself for his final moments, mustering every ounce of strength he had left to put whatever form of resistance he could against the man. He knew it would not be enough, but to die on his knees would be a disgrace to everything he was and knew. The dust soon settled from the release of Maximilian's power, and the form of his bankai was formidable. Instead of a single weapon, several dozen hovered around him in an enlarged form that would be similar to a mine field.

Tenjinsai had seen first hand what one of them could do, now there were many times over the weapon he had already seen and larger to boot. Even if he could absorb the fire that Wulf utilized he did not have the strength to sap all of that strength if he fired that many beams at once. It was then that, as if the Captain had read his mind, the myriad of weapons began to swirl around Maximilian and unleash a rain of beams that tore through the environment like a tornado of destruction. Tenjinsai began what looked like a frantic dance that had his life dependent upon it. He twirled in a magnificent display of skill, using shunpou to dodge between the blasts. The beams that he could not dodge he either absorbed with his zanpaktou or launched a blast of flame to combat the attack. For the time being his act of desperation was working, but it was only a question of how long it would work for.

Each move that the young shinigami made sapped his strength, his energy slowly flowing from him as his reiatsu reserves dwindled. In an instant though any chance of his survival was stolen from him as Maximilian paused and repositioned his attack. The multitude of floating weaponry aligned themselves in front of the Captain and charged together one massive blast that rippled outward to take Tenjinsai's life. The Vice Captain poured every ounce of his energy into one final attack to hopefully stave off his imminent demise. Raising his zanpaktou into the air, he swung it downward with all his might and released one final mighty blast that collided with the Captain's coalesced beam. There was a brief struggle between the two attacks before a massive explosion became the result. The excess force flung Tenjinsai back over one hundred feet before he collided with a wall stopping his uncontrollable projection.

Battered and broken, Tenjinsai lay on the ground, his energy all but gone and little fight left in him. His eyes were clouded by blood that poured from wounds on his head and he could feel the warmth of his crimson life force pouring across his body in multiple places. In his foggy vision he could see the visage of the man that would take his life slowly approaching him. 'This can't be how my life ends, there is still so much to be done, so many rights to wrong...' His ambitions would be left unfulfilled, to bring peace to the Soul Society and reunite the Gotei Thirteen. It was never truly his own task to begin with, a goal that was implanted to him by his zanpaktou. Though, as he lay on the ground breathing his last breathes, he had finally believed that was his true calling. "It was about time that you decided to accept your inevitable fate Tenjinsai."

Maximilian finally halting his approach after speaking, standing only several feet away from the beaten Vice Captain. "I must commend you though, you have put up an excellent fight. To make me reveal my Bankai to strike you down, I will remember you. But it is goodbye now Vice Captain Bushinji, take solace that you die today as a warrior." The myriad of weaponry gathered in front of the Captain once again, the crimson glow in each of their centerpiece glowing faintly and becoming more intense. It would be only moment now before his life was eradicated and everything that he had done, or set out to do, would be erased. "I c..can't die yet, not until I...I bring peace to our world..." All at once the world faded to white, everything surrounded him being erased with only himself remaining. Tenjinsai closed his eyes, trying to find a peace within himself in what he assumed to be death.

A voice would sound out though, reaching out to him in his mind and his eyes would open again to reveal the inner sanctum of his mind. "Tenjinsai, you have finally accepted yourself for who you are and what you are meant to do in this life. I am proud to be able to give my strength to you." Slowly standing up, the young shinigami looked around and set his eyes on the massive beast that he was now familiar with. "Seijin, why am I, or, how am I here? Has my life not been taken by Captain Wulf?" The massive demon stood and walked forward towards Tenjinsai, its form slowly shrinking until it stood at his height only a few feet from him. "I have swept you away just before he would strike the final blow. As of this moment you are alive but whether you will remain that way is entirely up to you." Seijin was as confusing as ever to Tenjinsai, the words being very ambiguous and lacking meaning to him.

One thing was certain though, in this very moment he was still alive and there was perhaps a chance for him to save his own life. The true question at this point would be how and only Seijin knew. "Tell me then Seijin, what must I do to prevent my death. I have no strength left to fight and cannot overcome the Captain's power. What could I possibly do against him..." his question would go unanswered yet answered in a strange way. "Tenjinsai, do you want to live?" Seijin posed a question to him, one that startled and confused him. Of course he wanted to live, this was the first time someone had actually asked him though. "Well, yes, why would I want to die?" Seijin would only say one word in response, one that resonated through Tenjinsai's entire body, mind, and spirit. "Why?" Why did he want to live, it was something he had never been asked before.

It was not something that someone typically thought about either. Usually one simply wanted to continue their existence out of pure instinct or preservation. One did not have their thoughts prepared to list the reason or reasons that they desired to continue living. In Tenjinsai's case though there was one main reason, one that came through clearly in his mind, his purpose in life right now. "I do not want to live, I must live. If I die who will bring peace to the Soul Society. Everyone will continue to fight for who knows how long. Lives will be lost and blood will be spilled. I cannot and will not die until I know that the future is safe." What happened next startled him as he suddenly felt a warmth surround his body. Tenjinsai found himself in an embrace with Seijin, his spirits warmth cascading over him like a brilliant flame.

"You are truly an exceptional being Tenjinsai, one that I am very proud to serve with all my might. You are ready now to fulfill your goal in the world. Go back now, and finish the task that you set out to accomplish; and remember that I am always beside you." The world before him faded to white again leaving him alone in a void between worlds. Their conversation seemed like minutes but in reality no time had passed. Tenjinsai's sight returned, a sight that was still no more pleasing before then it was now. Captain Wulf stood before him, his attack ready to fire and end the young shinigami's life. It would not end like that now though, he was reinvigorated with a new purpose and his true power. Tenjinsai raised his zanpaktou out in front of him before his life could be snuffed out and roared out to the world around him. "Bankai, Kagayakashii Seijin Enma!!!"
Tenjinsai Bushinji
Tenjinsai Bushinji

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikoto Kurokei Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:44 pm

Mikoto was trying to track Tenjinsai down lucky for him his friend was making it fairly easy to find him. However Mikoto still had ot cover the distance regardless of where Tenjinsai was. This gave him time to think over what could be happening what kind of trouble awaited him when he got there and who was tenjinsai fighting that could cause him to realse this much reaitsu. After sometime Mikoto arrived at the scene and he quickly pieced together the situation from what little information he had, from what he could gather there was a hostage and it was unknown to him who it was Tenjinsai was fighting what seemed to him to be a captain or someone at the level of a captain and finally Tenjinsai seemed to have achieved his bankai at some point. While Mikoto was not going to be a huge help against a captain he could still assist in keeping people off tenjinsai while he fought and if needed to assist him if he required it.

As the thought finished in his head Mikoto noticed an enemy saw him and began to charge at him. There went the element of surpirse thought Mikoto as he drew his sword and defended against the attack. "Well didn't think i would be spotted so fast should have been more careful, Oh well live and learn" as he shoved off his attacker he attacked with his kido "Hado number nineteen, Jugeki Byakurai" thankfully his oppenent was caught off guard and was struck down by his kido which took him out for the count. "Hey Tenjinsai i got here as fast as i could i got your back just say the word, otherwise ill keep the rest of them off you" Mikoto to a deep breath "Now, take their souls Rīpā" Mikoto zanpaktou changed shape the top of his zanpaktou turned into a hinged scythe and Mikoto's reaitsu turned into a shadowy darkness which enveloped him giving him more strength.

Word count 331
Mikoto Kurokei
Mikoto Kurokei

Race : Shinigami
Power : 70000
Strength : 60
Stamina : 74
Speed : 86
Energy : 160
Perception : 62
Energy Speed : 144

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenjinsai Bushinji Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:53 pm

Tenjinsai's true power was unveiled before all before him. His reiatsu flowed and melded around him, increasing in the amount and intensity to those around him. The young shinigami's form began to slowly change, becoming much larger as he towered into the sky. The flames gathered around him forming into a psuedo being encompassing and holding the Vice Captain at its core. It was what appeared to be a giant being made of fire with Tenjinsai being held deep at its depth, safe from harm to those who would seek to do so. In it's hands it held two large blades made entirely of flame, the heat too intense for a normal being to bare. This same heat surrounded his body now, offering protection, as well as radiated further throughout the area turning the battlefield into a blazing inferno in all directions around him.

Slowly raising his right arm into the air, the fire giant that was his bankai did the same, its blazing blade reaching high up into the sky. Tenjinsai then spoke, his voice deeper, garbled, and almost demonic as he spoke through his servant. "Prepare yourself now, Maximilian Wulf, for you have awakened my true power and the realization of what I am destined to do. I will free the Soul Society from vile men like you and reunite the Gotei Thirteen under a banner of peace. Let this day mark the end of chaos!!" The young shinigami then lowered his arm rapidly, the giant doing the same and swinging its massive blade down upon his opponent. As the weapon struck a massive explosion of flames erupted all around burning away the landscape around its impact and leaving a crater in its wake. Tenjinsai's blade then lifted, and while not unexpected but disappointedly, Maximilian stood within his crimson barrier protecting him from the impact of the strike.

It was cracked and broken away in areas and lasted only a few moments before shattering away. "No matter how much you learn, how strong you become, or how many tricks you use, you will not defeat me Tenjinsai. Your pedantic driveling is that of a madman that is swept away in his own ego. What makes you so special to believe that you will end the wars!!" The Captain then gathered his hovering weaponry together and fired a multitude of beams at Tenjinsai once again. The smaller beams slowly began to swirl and coalesce turning into a much larger and more powerful blast. Bringing the blade in his left hand up, Tenjinsai intercepted the blast and slowly sucked the power away until the Captain's attack was all but gone. "As I had said, Captain, you cannot defeat me now. My destiny is to free this world from the wars that you and the other Captain's wage. My hand cannot be stayed by you, not anymore..."

Tenjinsai lunged forward, slashing outwards and unleashing another wave of flames that cascaded over the surroundings like a tsunami. Walls crumbled, debris turned into nothing more then ashe leaving little left before him. Again though, the light crimson glow could be seen amidst the flames and smoke, a shield nearly broken and shattered protecting Wulf from his utter destruction. His face held anger on it, and a great deal at that. It was clear that his pride and status were barring his view of reality. He could not understand how this child was going to defeat him, a full fledged Captain, in battle. None of that mattered though to Tenjinsai; his understanding, accepting reality, none of it matter. If this man was to die without understanding why, then so be it. But being seized by desperation caused individuals to do things they may not normally do.

Such was the case with Captain Wulf as he roared out in rage, his armaments beginning to spiral around him faster and faster. The crimson gem at the center of each weapon began to slowly glow brighter and brighter before firing off a myriad of flaming beams. "I will kill you, I will kill everyone!! Everything will be destroyed!!" The weapons spun around him faster and faster creating what appeared to be a light show with incredibly destructive capability. Tenjinsai slammed both of his blades down to the ground to both sides and quickly knelt to the ground. He created a barrier between him and everything that was behind him, which most importantly of those contents was his niece. The beams destroyed the surrounding environment, structures and landscape being ripped apart in a frenzy of chaos. The blasts that struck Tenjinsai though were harmlessly absorbed, a few of them doing menial damage as his flaming shroud protected him from harm.

Soon enough the assault ended, the area shattered and completely transformed from its original appearance. So much destruction needlessly caused by the ambition of careless men. Tenjinsai gritted his teeth inside of his fiery shell, his right arm raising upward as he stood, and the blazing blade following suit. "You are not fit to be a shinigami Maximilian, let alone a Captain. How many people have to die before you realize that what you are doing is wrong!!" Wulf looked up to the towering fire giant before him, winded from his all out assault, and his blood boiling through his veins. "I will do whatever I need to as long as I come out as the victor!! I am the only one suited to be the Captain Commander and lead the Gotei Thirteen into the future!!!" It was a childish desire, fueled by ambition and power, that led to his chaos. "This ends now...., Jigoku Kasai!!" Swinging his blade down with all his might, Tenjinsai unleashed hell upon the earth. Releasing all of the energy he had absorbed, coupled with his own power, the ground split open before him and an eruption of fire and magma exploded upwards high into the sky.

The very land itself had been ripped asunder and Maximilian had gone with it. Tenjinsai allowed himself a long exhale and a moment to relax before sealing away his bankai. He slowly lowered down to the ground, the flaming giant that once encapsulated him disappearing and leaving only his zanpaktou once it had vanished. The Vice Captain then sheathed his zanpaktou and turned back to face those who remained. It was in this moment that Tenjinsai came to see that there were events transpiring behind him that he had not noticed. The young shinigami had been so wrapped up in his own battle that the one occuring behind him had gone unnoticed. At some point during his conflict with Maximilian, Mikoto had arrived to provide assistance and began subdoing some of the Captain's subordinates. Tenjinsai moved forward and reached to draw his zanpaktou, which he was unsuccessful in doing.

The Vice Captain's body gave way on him as he fell to one knee. He slowly began to remember just how exhausted and damaged his body was after the battle. There were still many open wounds on him as he continued to lose blood. It was only by the release of his bankai that he was able to ignore his fatigue and damage long enough to defeat Maximilian. His breathing was ragged as he reached to the left sleeve of his shihakushou and tore it off, using the fabric as a makeshift bandage over his head to treat the most grevious of his wounds. "Mikoto, I am sorry but I must rely on you here my friend. I am too wounded to fight any longer. Please, save my niece Aina and get her to safety and bring back help for myself and the prisoners. But you must save her first!" With that Tenjinsai collapsed to the ground, falling onto his back and staring up into the darkened sky above him.

His vision faded as he began to pass out, his fatigue and blood loss sapping away from his consciousness. He knew he was in good hands now with Mikoto here. Hopefully Amaya and Taisa would return with aid soon as well and if not Mikoto could handle the rest. It was time for him to rest, a well deserved one.
Tenjinsai Bushinji
Tenjinsai Bushinji

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikoto Kurokei Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:49 pm

Mikoto somewhatly watched as his friend fought the captain he could not completely focus on it or he would risk a lacky surprising him with a attack. As if on que another one of the captains lackies attacked him lucky for Mikoto most of the captains men were not to difficult to deal with he seem to have drawn a lucky straw this day. As the conflict went on Mikoto heard Tenjinsai give a name to the captain or atleast Mikoto overheard Tenjinsai say his name Wulf not surpringly Mikoto never heard of him. Mikoto was starting to think there was never going to be an end to the waves of the captains subordinates while Mikoto had fought similar battles before none were shinigami otherwise they would have run for it at this point. It seemed Tenjinsai and this captain Wulf where having some sort of banter at each other he did not catch any of it though Mikoto was far to busy fending off the captains subordinates.

Moments later Mikoto noticed many of the shinigami he was fighting were heading for cover confused he looked around and saw why they had. The captain was doing something what he was unsure but clearly its was not good Mikoto took this chance to take cover himself. The beams of light started destroying everything in the enviroment they even managed to kill many of captains Wulfs own men 'sad but good for me' thought Mikoto less enemies to deal with later. Once the chaos had setlde down Mikoto thankfully was untocked by the madness was able to look at the surroundings. It was a disastor area however things had still not finished but from what Mikoto saw it was about to be with one final attack from Tenjinsai and another astute run for cover from Mikoto the battle was over. Well it was somewhat over Tenjinsai was exhausted and many of the captains men were still standing and apparently it was at this point his friend noticed he was there and he requested his help.

Apparently the girl who was taken hostage was Tenjinsai's niece which started to finally put some puzzel pieces together in Mikoto's head. It would explain why Tenjinsai was here in the first place and why he was fighting the captain. Tenjinsai claimed he was to wounded to contiune fighting and requested Mikoto to take his niece and run to take her somewhere safe and return to him with help. Mikoto did not like the thought of leaving his friend but if Mikoto stayed to fight off the rest of the captains men Tenjinsai's niece Aina could be harmed so Mikoto made his decision "I don't like the idea of leaving you Tenjinsai but i will do as you ask, I will get her to saftey and i will bring help you have my word".

With that Mikoto ran and carefully picked up Aina "Don't worry I will get you to safety you can trust me" and he took her to the safest place he could think of Tenjinsai's family estate. However he ran into Amaya and Taisa they seemed to have Hayashi and Tenkai in tow with them they instruced Mikoto to contiune to the estate and drop of Aina and meet them back Tenjinsai. Mikoto nodded and headed for the estate once there he quickly explained the situation but the guard stopped him and just let him through it seems they already knew what was happening. Once Aina was put somewhere safe with one of the estates staff Mikoto started heading back himself to meet up with Tenkai, Hayashi, Amaya and Taisa to go assist Tenjinsai.

word count 610
Mikoto Kurokei
Mikoto Kurokei

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenjinsai Bushinji Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:52 pm

Whether it was moments or minutes, it felt like an eternity that Tenjinsai had been on the ground asleep. His mind swirled in a blackened void, not a thought or feeling floating through his mind, just blissful ignornace of all existence. That peace however would not last forever. In reality, it had been only a few minutes that the young shinigami had been laid on the ground before help would arrive. It would start quietly as he stirred from the noise. There was the sound of many feet shuffling at first, people moving around him and talking. This noise would begin to pick up as several others would arrive, the two groups clearly arguing with one another as tempers and voices rose higher and higher. Then all at once it was silenced and the thud of bodies striking the ground sounded next. Tenjinsai then felt a warm and soothing sensation wash over his body, a faint blueish glow peeking through his eyelids.

As he slowly opened his eyes the view that he gazed upon reassured him a great deal. Immediately hovering over him was his sister Amaya, using Kaido to attempt healing the worst of his wounds. Beyond her he then saw his father, uncle, and Taisa standing together speaking quietly. Though it hurt to do so, Tenjinsai lifted up his left arm and lightly grabbed hold of his sisters shihakushou. "Mikoto...where is Mikoto? Did...did he get Aina to safety?" Amaya quickly grabbed hold of his arm and placed it down at his side and then continued her efforts in healing him. "Shh, just rest little Sai. Aina is fine, Mikoto brought her back to the estate. He should be on his way back soon, just let me take care of you." Tenjinsai let his body ease once he had confirmed that his niece was safe. That was the whole reason he had done what he did to begin with.

If something foul had befell her, his efforts would have been for naught. As he lay there with the soothing effects of Amaya's kaido flowing over him; he noticed the end of the whispering of conversation. Footsteps began to move closer to him and soon his father was hovering over him, knelt down on his left side opposite Amaya. "Speak only as much as you are able but I have some questions for you." Tenjinsai nodded lightly, every move he made sending pain piercing across his body; even something as simple as breathing caused him pain. He was at least starting to feel slightly better as time went on thanks to his sisters healing. "My first and foremost question is, what were you doing at the academy today?" It was an interesting question, certainly not one that Tenjinsai had expected to be asked. If anything what he would have expected was, when did you learn your bankai, who were you in combat with, something along those lines.

"I had sought Takahashi-sensei's tutelage to advance my knowledge of kidou." His father made a quick, quiet sound of consideration and nodded his head briefly in response to the answer. "Seem's well enough. Next, who did you end up doing battle with, we could only find Hisakawa. I find it hard believe she could have caused you this much trouble." Tenjinsai nodded his head lightly, and turned his head to the side looking at the massive chasm that he had created using Jigoku Kasai. "It was one of the Captains, Maximilian Wulf. He had almost ended my life, but I owe him thanks for awakening my true purpose and acquiring my bankai." To this his father took greater consideration and looked off towards the chasm as well, surveying the damage. Tenjinsai could not be certain what his father specifically found more interesting.

It could have been that he had defeated a Captain in battle, the acquisition of the bankai release; or perhaps this realization of a self supposed purpose of existence. All were very interesting, but the young shinigami could guess which one his father would question him about. "I see, I owe you thanks for eliminating him then. Maximilian was one of the key players in our largest opposition. Having that scum out of the way is fortuitous. However..." Just as Tenjinsai had predicted, his father turned his gaze back down to him looking directly into his eyes as he spoke. "What purpose did you find in your battle with Captain Wulf?" Tenjinsai had a choice to make now and what choice he decided to make could significantly effect his future. One way or another, he knew what path he had to follow, it was just when he would reveal what his objective was.

Would he lie to his father and make some story up about the purpose he found in battle; or would he tell the truth and tell his father exactly what he meant to do in the future. It was clear that his desire to bring peace would impact his father's objective to become the Captain Commander and lead the Seireitei into the future. If he was to tell him now he may try to sweep him aside so as to not get in the way. But would he truly be able to get away with lying to his father without him knowing as well? Perhaps the truth would truly be the best course of action, they often said that it was the best policy. "Father, my purpose in life and the reason for my power is to bring peace to the Soul Society. This war must stop, too much blood has been shed. How many more people have to die before we put down our swords?" His fathers eyes went wide though only for a moment, barely enough to actually be seen.

They narrowed shortly after that and the Captain stood and walked away, only pausing for a moment to speak before reconvening with his brother and son-in-law. "You need to try and rest further, it seems you may be out of sorts still from the battle." It was a response that Tenjinsai was prepared for and had accepted a long time ago. His father's pride and ambition got in the way of his sensibility, the same as all the others that were fighting. He knew at the very least his father would be a suitable leader for the Soul Society, but how many more people were going to die until that happened. He was going to have to go it alone and try to bring about peace without the aid of his family. His siblings were at least sensitive to his plight, but they would never go against father's word. It was him, against the world.
Tenjinsai Bushinji
Tenjinsai Bushinji

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikoto Kurokei Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:52 pm

It seemed to take longer then Mikoto thought to head back to the estate because he thought he would have caught up to Amaya her group. While it was still urgent for Mikoto to get back knowing that Amaya, Hayashi ,Tenkai and Taisa probably already arrived at Tenjinsai's location put his mind at ease. Which was apparrent since he slowed down somewhat even though he did not fight long Mikoto figured that slowing down some would help him recover a bit. He had to rush Tenjinsai's niece to the estate to get her to safety and he still fought off many of Captain Wulf's men. Mikoto also noticed in his rush he did not seal his zanpaktou which he quickly remedied, once he felt he had regained a bit of his breath Mikoto picked up his pace some more.

A few mintues later he arrived back at as he would call war zone where Tenjinsai was and not to his surprise Amaya and the rest did infact beat him there. From what he saw Tenjinsai was recovering and Amaya was healing him with her kido. The others were around Hayashi looking around trying to piece together the fight that or trying to find something that wasn't broken, Tenkai seemed to be walking away from Tenjinsai they probably just finished talking and Mikoto was not to sure what Taisa was doing. He then decieded it would be best to check up on his friend last thing he saw was him on deaths door he was looking better but it still couldn't hurt to ask him "Nice to see you again Amaya, So Tenjinsai you seem to look better how are you feeling my friend that was one hell of a fight" He paused for a moment "I dont suppose you could give me the rundown of what happened? all i know so far is you niece was in danger and you clearly went to rescue her".

While waiting for Tenjinsai's respone Mikoto had a smalll moment of time to think he wondered what was next what plans did Tenjinsai have for them. "Also if i may ask as well Tenjinsai what is next? Where we go from here if i know you as well as i think i do you have a plan already or one in the works" Amaya gave Mikoto a funny look after what he said Which he relpied with a confused 'what?' look.

Word count 406
Mikoto Kurokei
Mikoto Kurokei

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenjinsai Bushinji Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:59 am

As Tenjinsai laid his head back and began to rest again he felt another presence drawing near followed by the sounds of their arrival. They greeted his sister and came over to him quickly; though by that point he was already aware who it was. The Vice Captain looked up above him as Mikoto's face came into view. Questions of his well being and congratulations on a well fought battle were rained upon him in equal parts. "I appreciate your candor my friend. Most importantly, thank you for taking my niece to safety. As long as she had ended up safe, losing my life would have been worth it." He smiled briefly until he felt liquid dripping down on him from somewhere above. It did not appear as though it was raining and further inspection would reveal to him exactly where the liquid was coming from. In the midst of her healing his sister had begun to cry, silently, and thankfully not violent sobbing.

Tenjinsai had never been good at dealing with others emotions, he was sensitive to them but oblivious as to how to help and usually made it more awkward. The only thing he could was to reach up with his right hand and wipe some of the tears away and offer her a smile. "Don't cry Amaya, everyone is fine and everything turned out well. Aina is safe, and I am alive and well. Thanks to your healing I won't have to spend weeks recovering in the Fourth Division Medbay either." She nodded quickly several times and then turned her head away, wiping her eyes and face off on the sleeve of her shihakushou. "I know, I know, I am just so glad that everyone is alright." Tenjinsai smiled warmly at his sister as he silently praised her compassionate demeanor. Even though both his siblings had always been kind to him when he was younger, it was Amaya that truly took care of him.

She was the closest thing that Tenjinsai had to a mother when he was growing up, as strange as that sounded. She doted on him frequently, tending to him when no one else could, or would, spare the time to do so. With their age gap it was not quite unrealistic for her to have considered him an adopted child at some point. Realistic as it may have been though, it was still a strange thought that popped into his head. He shook it off and turned his attention back to Mikoto, leaving his sister to focus her efforts on healing. "I will go further into detail with you later Mikoto, now is not the best of times. Though first..." Tenjinsai turned his gaze over to his father, making it very apparent that he had turned his attention over to him. His eyes then traced back to Mikoto and Amaya as if to say, do not let him know what I am going to tell you.

"I need to go to the First Division Barracks. There is business there I must tend to." Tenjinsai spoke quietly, knowing that if his father heard what he said the ramifications could be immense. There was only one thing he could possibly be doing at those barracks. If he was to make his intentions that clear it would only endanger himself and those around him. For a little while longer Tenjinsai would have to operate in psuedo-secrecy. "Here, Amaya, help me up please." The Vice Captain extended his arm out to her as he slowly lifted his body up off the ground. She reacted, well, as he had expected to her at first, startled and uncooperative. "Sai, you have to continue resting, I am not done healing you yet!!" Tenjinsai groaned lightly as he grabbed hold of her arm with his right hand, hoisting himself up so he was sitting upright. "Amaya, please, this is very important. I promise I will not push myself too hard until my wounds have at least mostly recovered, alright?"

She looked slightly conflicted before nodding at him and then standing up. She grabbed hold of his right hand with the same hand of her own and placed her left hand under his left arm so he could lean on her. It was slow going, and slightly painful, but Tenjinsai eventually stood on his own two feet and dusted off his shihakushou; though that did little for appearances. His garments were torn, bloodied, and just downright filthy after the battle. In addition to what he had planned, a change of clothes and probably a bath, would be in store. "Thank you Amaya, I appreciate everything you've done for me here. For now though you should probably head home and relax. It has been a long day for everyone." She nodded to her younger sibling and embraced him tightly for a moment before moving away and joining the others who were now preparing to head back to the estate.

"Be careful Sai, please do not get hurt anymore. Thank you as well Mikoto for saving my daughter, I am in your debt." The only thing that followed the farewell from his sister was a simple glance from his father; accompanied by a nod before the group disappeared in a blur of shunpou as they headed back home. "Well Mikoto it is our time to head out as well. Forgive me if this trip may take a bit longer then usual, I am not quite all together as you can see." Tenjinsai smiled lightly and patted his friend on the back as he began walking off into the Seireitei in the direction of the First Division Barracks.
Tenjinsai Bushinji
Tenjinsai Bushinji

Back to top Go down