Should we add Purgatory?

43% 43% 
[ 3 ]
57% 57% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 7

Should We add a Purgatory??

Post by Kirito Gekko on Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:08 pm

Since we have the dragon balls it is obvious we can bring back the dead, same with Naruto's edo tensei but thats for a different matter.

Should we add a Purgatory for your characters to go when you die? This is a optional thing for your characters, yes you can still post there and get stronger, however you need to have a ally wish you back with the dragon balls. n if this ally pulls it off without taking forever the most you will be waiting is 7 irl weeks to be revived. This will apply to all races and characters alike.

So for this to happen we are getting the opinions of you members and other staff members to vote on the matter to lead to a final decision.

Thank you
Kirito Gekko
Admin

Race : Human (Pirate)
Class : Brute

View user profile http://animeunitedoneworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Should We add a Purgatory??

Post by Nanaomi Sugowara on Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:12 pm

I'd be fine with it. I kind of like the idea of being able to be wished back or brought back by some voodoo. As long as I still get to keep my character and train the idea seems great to me.

Speech
Thoughts
other's words
Nanaomi Sugowara

Race : Saiyan
Class : Genius
Power : 64000
Strength : 49
Stamina : 113
Speed : 85
Energy : 127
Perception : 85

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hitsuyona on Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:21 pm

I voted no, purely because not only does it negate the death of a character allowing them to come back at 100%, but your idea allows for them to continue to grow in strength. Goku was the only example of a person to have 'came back' AND be stronger from it. Saiyans in general come back from a near-actual deaths stronger but everyone else is the exact opposite really

Counter Suggestion l To be more realistic for a rp side of things, where the usual is 50% restart, why not make it something more reasonable. Come back somewhere between 60-75%, gaines HALF of their WC towards power progression while in 'purgatory'. Otherwise, and lets face it were mostly friends here, a gap will stay large between lower folks and higher folks cause of helping revive the big power folks.

Hitsuyona

Race : Human [Variant]
Power : 37
Strength : 24
Stamina : 59
Speed : 62
Energy : 103
Perception : 62

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenjinsai Bushinji on Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:56 pm

I am finding myself inclined to agree with Star on this one. It presents too much of a get out of jail free card, and almost negates death entirely. While it will take a significant amount of time to get the balls and use the, also factoring in if other people are searching for them at the same time, that balances it to an extent but not quite.

Coming back scaled in power would be a good addition to it as Star suggested. I would opt for 65/70% as it gives you a decent amount above the standard 50%, without being too much that you come back basically as strong as you were. 

I think it goes without saying as well that canonical to Dragonball, if you die and are brought back, you cant be brought back again by the dragonballs. If you die again, then you are donezo.

Also instead of cutting their WC in half for power progression, which someone sufficiently dedicated would still put in the time to do it, we could lower the weekly cap on them upping their strength to give them a hard cap while they are in there. It would be dependent on what their tier would be and how much they could earn a week. This way being in their presents a serious debuff to their performance, but they can still train and get stronger and do not have to deal with creating a new character entirely.
Tenjinsai Bushinji

Race : Shinigami
Power : 76000
Strength : 32
Stamina : 97
Speed : 129
Energy : 139
Perception : 129

View user profile

Back to top Go down