The first city

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The first city

Post by Arata Mizushima on Wed May 24, 2017 8:23 am

After a few days of sailing, Arata could finally see the land of which was Goa City. Not even reaching his destination he could already see that the city was easily at least ten times bigger than Syrup Village. This would surely be quite an experience for him. He started thinking of all the things that could be in the city. After eating canned food and fish he fished out he had hopes to find something good for a reasonable price. He couldn’t hold in his excitement and he hasn’t even reached the land. If this was the feeling he would get in every island he goes to then surely the journey was already would be worth it. Soon enough he reached the city port and ‘docked’ his boat if it could be called that by tying it to a wooden post. He was a bit scared if someone would steal it but compared to other ships that were in the port his boat was hardly worth it. As a safety precaution, he covered his chest of belongings with a cloth before heading out to the city.

Arata had stars in his eyes as he looked around from building to building,’Wow, nothing is made out of wood here. Everything is made of stone bricks and the way people dress here is nothing like back home.’ His clothing consisted of a black long sleeved shirt and blue trousers with black boots which he thought was in the middle of the poor-rich scale. Arata then walked around the town and tried to remember what store sold what and where it was located. He saw some stone monuments but he had no idea of who it was but the city had a royal palace that could not be missed so he assumed it was related somehow. In quite a few place he also noticed that there were marines patrolling the area in pairs which was probably the norm around here. Although he hasn’t done anything wrong Arata couldn’t help but feel a bit of tension when close to them.

When he was passing by one of the marine pairs, one of them turned around and spoke to him,’Hey,you. Have you seen a white-haired girl around here?’ The pirate tried to keep his calm and turned around to answer as best as he could,’No, I haven’t. The closest I’ve seen is a few old people.’ The marine looked at him for a few moments and spoke,’Never mind then,’ before turning around and leaving. He let out a slight sigh of relief since both of them looked quite strong so he wouldn’t want to get in a fight with them. Especially, when they were able to call back up at any time. Arata wanted to see the royal palace up close but wasn’t allowed in to the surrounding area. Although, he was quite disappointed at this but he understood that it was a place for the Nobles which he wasn’t. As he didn’t want any trouble he just accepted it and headed back down.

At this point, he saw most of the city that he could and was started to get pretty hungry. Since his funds were limited. He didn’t want to spend too much if he didn’t have to because he didn’t know how long he would need to save this money for. Another thing that he wanted was to gather some information about this area and possibly other islands, even if just rumours would be fine. There was no better place for this other than the tavern in the far part of the city.

WC: 601
Arata Mizushima

Race : Human
Class : Brute
Power : 59
Strength : 100
Stamina : 80
Speed : 71
Energy : 80
Perception : 72

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The first city

Post by Arata Mizushima on Thu May 25, 2017 7:55 am

From the outside, the tavern was made from stone bricks just like any other building but on the inside it was made of wood. The bricks would prevent the whole tavern from burning down in an emergency and the wood gave the best feeling for a tavern. Even though it was still very early in the day the tavern was crowded mainly with sailors and pirates. This didn’t surprise him as a lot of pirates took the chance to drink whenever they could and especially if they were sailing for a long time. Although Arata didn’t mind drinking alcohol, he wasn’t one to drink until he was very drunk. Seeing a free seat by the counter he went up and sat on it while waiting to be served. The bartender first gave the other people their orders before asking him,’What will it be?’ Arata answered,’Can I have a steak with some juice, please?

The bartender nodded and started preparing his food and after 15 minutes or so it was served to him. He happily looked at it and said,’It looks so good,’ before tasting it when the flavour of the meat spread out throughout his mouth,’And it tastes even better!’ The bartender thanked him for his compliments and went about serving more people. The meal was more than enough to fill him up and was also pretty cheap so he was very satisfied with the service but didn’t show any signs of leaving,’Anything else I can get you?’ Arata nodded,’I want some information about this town and interested to hear some rumours.’ The bartender frowned at this,’Information isn’t free you know,’ and he knew this so Arata paid him 250 Beli. The bartender accepted it and stopped in thought,’Let’s start with this town then. The part you are in is called Edge Town, pretty self-explanatory that one, the big building in the middle of the city is the Town Centre so if you have some important business that’s where you should go. The area around the royal palace is called High Town and it’s where all the Nobles live. You should avoid that place as best as you can. To the east of the city is a place called the Gray Terminal, which is pretty much a junkyard nothing to see there, and even further is a forest. The furthest east possible is a village called a Foosha Village but if you’ve come for the sights there isn’t much there either and it’s quite a trek. To the north of here is a mountain called Mt. Colubo. That’s about it.

Arata listened carefully and tried to remember everything and thought that in the city he has been to all those places so maybe he would try to visit the other mentioned places. He wanted to explore after all and there was no harm in doing so. The bartender then continued,’As for rumours… marines are skulking about the whole island looking for some white-haired girl, apparently. Another one is that when some lumber jacks went into the forest to collect wood they were scared off by some weird dude in a Hawaiian shirt. He might be really dangerous so looking for him would be at your own risk. Also witnesses say that a demon liberated Loguetown. Can’t think of anything else. Oh, if you want a room for the night we have some spare ones.'

The pirate thanked him and was left with his own thoughts. The first rumour he knew about since he has seen it with his own eyes and was even asked by a marine. The real question was why were they after her? Maybe she was a criminal or just a pirate? After looking through the whole city he didn’t see anyone like that though so maybe she wasn’t even on the island or was in hiding. As for the guy in the Hawaiian shirt he wasn’t sure but wanted to go to the forest anyway to train his sword skills more. The bartender also mentioned Loguetown which picked his curiosity. In order to go to the Grand Line he had to go to Loguetown so he would have to be on guard when going there. Arata was also interested in what kind of ‘demon’ this was as he has never seen one. If he was to check out the two rumours in this town it could make one for quite an interesting adventure.

WC:737
Arata Mizushima

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arata Mizushima on Fri May 26, 2017 5:58 pm

Once he left the tavern, Arata headed east though from his current view it would be west in order to go to the forest. However, first he had to pass through the Gray Terminal which was a junkyard. He was curious as to what it looked like as he has never seen one but knew it was definitely not a positive thing. It didn’t take him long to find the city gate since he tried to see everything in the city and exited to find himself in the junkyard. He was shocked by what he saw. There literally was scrap of everything and everywhere while some people were trying to pick out something useful but it also looked like some of the actually lived here. Back in Syrup Village nothing ever went to waste. They used everything as best as they could to get the most out of it. A lot of villages were poor and yet here was all this scrap being wasted or just thrown away when bored of it.

This was the true nature of the rich. Disposing of things when they were not needed anymore and most likely it was the same when it came to people. Arata despised that kind of attitude but knew it would never change. No matter the age it would always be the same. The rich would exploit while the poor suffered for all eternity. The pirate then began walking to get out of this place as soon as possible and tried to avoid the people that were about. This made him wonder if all cities were like this but he knew that even if there are bad things like this the world is still full of beauty waiting to be unravelled. The Gray Terminal was bigger than he expected but he eventually he reached the entrance of the forest. It was time for his training to begin.

WC: 317

Moving to Midway Forest
Arata Mizushima

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arata Mizushima on Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:13 pm

Coming back from the forest, he had to pass through the Gray Terminal once again which was an experience he wanted to have as least as possible. However, due to his current mission he would have to make the trip twice at the least. Arata got through the junkyard as fast as possible and entered the city again. There was a clear difference in air quality between these three places and he preferred the forest one the most. It was the one that reminded him of his house back in Syrup Village but now was not the time for such thoughts.

The pirate navigated through the streets and entered the tavern. Since it was still morning there weren’t many people around and those who were looked like they could still use some sleep. He went up to the counter and the bartender noticed him immediately,’Oh! You’re back. What will it be?’ Arata answered,’Well, I had breakfast already so I’ve come for more information. I’m looking for the white-haired girl, do you have any leads?’ The bartender looked at him surprised,’That’s a bit sudden. You only heard about her yesterday and now you’re searching for her today. Why is that?’ Arata just shrugged,’Let’s just say that I have my reasons.’ The bartender became even more suspicious,’Are you a marine?’ The pirate looked at him with a straight face,’Do I look like one?’ The bartender chuckled,’I suppose you have a point. Well, I did hear some rumours but it will cost you obviously.

He nodded and paid up the sum. The bartender told him about a few spots that some people thought they saw her. He was happy to hear this,’So she actually might be here. That’s a good start.’ With a thank you he left and immediately started his search. Arata went to all the locations he was told and spent some time in each to raise his chances of seeing her. The only flaw with this is that while he is at one location she might appear at another. That’s why he visited each location multiple times but he had no luck. Instead, he noticed that there was a bit more marines than he saw yesterday so he tried to look as inconspicuous as possible so that they didn’t take him too. He also didn’t ask any people as not to raise suspicion or to be snitched at. He was trying to play it safe but was that the best method? Since it was late afternoon he decided to go back to the tavern to get some lunch and to rest for a while.

The bartender served him his food and asked,’Any luck?’ Arata shook his head,’Nope, nothing. I’ll try again after eating and resting a bit.’ Afterwards he was left alone and after an hour or so he left to continue his search. Much like his previous attempt he yielded no results. The pirate then went to the port to check if his boat and belongings were there. Once he checked, it seemed that everything was there so he just laid in his boat and looked up at the sky,’This is like looking for a needle in a haystack. This isn’t Syrup Village. No one knows each other here unless they are famous. People can just make up stuff to try to get popular or paid. Besides, she could be anywhere in the world.’ He let out a sigh since he was feeling down but he knew it wasn’t going to be easy. Arata closed his eyes and put his arm over his eyes trying to think but nothing came to mind.

Some time passed and he jolted straight up into a sitting position. The sky now had an orange tint as the sun was beginning to set,’Oh no. I must have fallen asleep.’ He got up but then sat back down. Where was he going to go and what was he going to do? He didn’t know. He tried to think more,’Maybe I’m missing something? The only people that I can talk to about this is Fujimoto and the bartender but the both of them don’t know anything either. No, that’s not true…’ It was then that he realised something. When he asked the mage about the time limit the answer was ‘depends how long it takes you to convince her’. That means he was certain that she could be found. Here, in this city. He was pointed to the tavern. When Arata asked the bartender, he was suspicious of why he would look for her. Why would a bartender care if she was found or not? It was none of his business and he got paid to give info. Something was not right. He headed to the tavern to find the answers.

When he arrived, he sat as his usual seat and asked for a glass of water,’At this rate you might become a loyal customer.’ Arata didn’t seem happy about this though and drank a sip,’Who knows. A search like this might take forover. At least one of your rumours was true.’ The bartender looked at him interested,’Oh?’ The bait has been caught,’Well you see, yesterday I went to the forest to train a bit and I found the man in the Hawaiian shirt by mistake.’ The bartender chuckled,’Oh, really? If you really did you would have been all cut up but here you are without a single scratch.’ He also let out a chuckle,’That’s because I killed him before he got the chance. He lunged at me first but didn’t stand a chance against my Haki and my sword.’ The bartender laughed in his face,’That’s a good one. You don’t even have a bounty on your head so there is no way you could kill someone so strong.' His lie was caught out but he caught a lie too,’Oh? How would you know how strong he is if you have never met him?’ It was then the bartender realised he said something he shouldn’t have.

Arata grinned and sipped on his water,’It’s true I didn’t kill him but I did get to talk with him. He was the one who gave me this mission. To find her and bring her to him.’ The bartender frowned and said,’Come with me.’ He did as he was told and they went out the back,’What did he tell you?’ Arata didn’t let his guard down and answered,’Pretty much nothing. I don’t know anything about her just that he wants me to bring her to him for some reason. I don’t know anything about him either but he didn’t seem like a bad guy.’ The bartender paused in thought,’I see.’ The pirate let out a sigh,’Do you know where she is then?’ The bartender still seemed unsure if he should talk or not but in the end chose to,’Since he chose you I guess I have no choice. She is in one of the rooms on the first floor.

WC:1,159
Arata Mizushima

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arata Mizushima on Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:41 am

He was shocked to hear that the person that he was looking for was so close while he was sent on a wild goose chase. However, knowing what he knew now it was to be expected and he couldn’t be trusted since he was an outsider,’The marine patrols have increased in town but it’s harder for them so search actual rooms though I don’t know how long that will last. If they get a permit I will have no choice but to let the see or I will get arrested. We are slowly running out of time.’ The bartender then reached into his pocket and gave him some money,’Here. I sold you false information so I can’t accept payment for that. Anyway, we should get back as not to raise suspicion.’ Arata thanked him and agreed so they walked back. As they did he was told that the girl was staying in room number two and that the task will get harder now.

The bartender headed behind the counter while he went upstairs to the rooms. He knocked on the doors numbered two and waited for a response. He didn’t have to wait long and when the door opened what peeked out were two blue eyes as the rest of the whole head was covered with a sack. Before he could even say a single word the door was shut on his face. He was surprised for a moment but then decided to complain,’Hey! I didn’t even get to say a word!’ Arata tried not to be too loud just in case so that no one would hear him apart from the girl,’Go away.’ That was the cold response he received but didn’t want to give up,’I only want to talk. I mean you no harm.’ This time he didn’t even get a response and heard footsteps going away from the door. He let out a sigh. This certainly wouldn’t be easy. He went downstairs back to his seat as he wouldn’t get to talk to her for now.

The bartender gave him another glass of water and asked,’And?’ Arata hanged his head in defeat,’I didn’t even get to talk to her…’ The bartender laughed at him,’Told you it won’t be easy.’ He couldn’t force her to do anything but he didn’t want to give up either. He wanted to find out what this was all about. Maybe there was something he could do,’What is she like?’ The bartender let out a sigh,’I don’t know what she was like before but since she came to this city she’s been very quiet. She doesn’t trust anyone and is very anxious. Approaching her will be very hard.’ Arata wondered then,’Did something happen to her before she came to the island?’ The bartender nodded,’It did but I can’t tell you the details. Put it simply a tragedy befell her island and she was saved but because of that the marines are now looking for her. When they find her, she will be no doubt put through harsh interrogations to get all the information they want from her.

He found out more but it was still not much so it looked like he would have to find out by asking her. But how to talk to her? Arata then thought about something else,’Can you tell me more about Fujimoto then?’ The bartender shrugged at this,’I guess. Not like everyone knows a lot about him. He is a member of one of the strongest mage guilds though his guild has only seven members. They are all incredibly strong though.’ Arata listened carefully and asked more questions,’What’s his stance on everything that is happening around the world?’ The bartender thought for a while,’He doesn’t want to be seen as a hero. Whenever he sees someone try to destroy something he tries to save it or fix it. He is just doing what he thinks is right. However, he knows that seven people can hardly change the world into a better place no matter how strong they may be.

Since that was the case he was quite the troublemaker so this lead to another question,’Does he have a bounty?’ The bartender shook his head,’Marines usually only issue bounties on pirates but since he is a mage things are a bit different for him. You could say that he belongs to another government but he is still quite infamous. He might get one if he keeps this up and it will definitely be quite high.’ The pirate nodded to this as to the marines it didn’t matter who a person was as long as they were in the way they would need to be eliminated,’What is his fighting style like?’ Even though Arata fought him, Fujimoto didn’t seem to show even a fraction of his power,’Surprisingly, for a mage he rarely uses his magic. Instead, he fights with a sword and a combat cross. That’s why no one is really sure what kind of magic he uses. I guess you could say he adapted to this world quite well.

As they talked about an hour has passed and the sky was now black with the sun gone. He was still sitting by the counter thinking. There was no point in going back to the forest without bringing her and he had nowhere to go either. The bartender then set down a tray with two plates of food in front of him. He was surprised as he didn’t order anything,’Go on try your luck. A dinner for two.’ He nodded and went up to knock on her door once again. She opened and looked at him and then the food making her stomach growl,’I’ve brought you dinner. Can I eat with you?’ She extended her hands to take a plate and said,’Thank you for the food but I’ll have to refuse the offer to eat together.’ With her sack still on her head Arata couldn’t tell what kind of facial expressions she was making but at least this time they exchanged a few words. She politely closed the door on him and went to eat.

He sat down beside her door and started eating by himself. He would probably have to pay for his portion once he returned so he stayed upstairs for a while. After he was done he set the tray down and he heard a voice from beyond the door,’Are you still here?’ Arata chuckled,’Yes, I’m waiting for the plate.’ The girl opened the door and handed it to him,’What is it that you want with me?’ He accepted it and looked at her,’To talk.’ She let out a sigh and said,'Come in.’ He took the tray and entered her room. There wasn’t much in it apart from the bare necessities but he didn’t expect much from a tavern room anyway. After he closed the door she finally took of the sack from her head and for the first time he saw her face and the rest of her too. She was shorter than him and her current clothes consisted of black trousers and a white shirt. Both of which were meant for a man so they didn’t fit too well on her body. Her white hair was short and only reached her jaw but it looked really nice and the white colour made it look even better. She was quite beautiful if he could say so himself,’Sit.

She gave him a chair to sit on while she sat on her bed,’So, who are you?’ Arata responded quickly,’My name is Arata Mizushima.’ This obviously didn’t tell her much but he didn’t want to tell her everything straight away,’Well then Arata, why is it that out of all the people in the city you want to talk to me specifically?’ The pirate responded,’I’ve been asked by someone to bring them to you but more than that I want to know why everyone is chasing after you.’ She looked at him cautiously,’Who asked you? Was it the marines?’ He shook his head,’No. A man in a Hawaiian shirt.’ She was surprised to hear this,’You’ve met him?’ He nodded,’Yes, we had an encounter in the forest yesterday. We talked a bit and he told me to bring you to him.’ She didn’t let her guard down one bit,’I see. Even if I do tell you the reason what will you do then?’ He shrugged,’I don’t know. Depends on what you will tell me.’ The questions didn’t end,’Are you a mage too?’ Arata shook his head,’No, apparently I don’t have the potential. I’m a pirate.’ She opened her eyes widely in shock and lowered her head,’Leave.

Her voice was quiet so it was as she muttered something under her nose,’What?’ Without raising her head she pointed at the door,’Get out.’ He didn’t understand why but he took the tray and left the room without a complaint. She must have had her reasons and he didn’t want to force her to do anything or try to anger her so he just did as he was told. Arata returned the tray to the bartender and told him what happened,’Big mistake.’ Obviously, the bartender knew the reason but he wouldn’t tell him and this might have made his task harder. He decided to buy a room for the night and went there to practice with his sword for a while before getting in bed. The whole time what was on his mind was what does him being a pirate have to do anything. It was going so well but now he returned to the beginning. Arata then fell asleep to restore his energy for the new day ahead of him.

WC:1,607
Arata Mizushima

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arata Mizushima on Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:30 am

The next morning, he woke up like usual with the sun shining in his face and forcing him to wake up. The bed was quite comfortable and made him feel very refreshed. It definitely did his back better than a log in the forest. It’s been more than a week since he slept in a bed so it was a pleasant experience. Arata got out of bed and then work out for about thirty minutes as a small warmup and to wake himself up properly. With that done he got dressed and let out a massive yawn.

It was time to start the day. The only plan he had for today was to talk with the white-haired girl. Come to think of it he realised he forgot to ask her name,’It was more like I got interrogated to be honest.’ At least he managed to make some progress with her. He thought that it would take much more effort to get to talk with her but it seems that it’s been going quite well. One thing he was worried about was when the marines would make the move on the tavern. That would be the end of that for the both of them. The pirate didn’t want to waste any more time so he headed downstairs to get some breakfast and once he was finished with his he brought it up a plate to room number two.

When she opened the door she looked at him and sighed,’You really are stubborn aren’t you?' He chuckled,’I guess so. Where there’s a will there’s a way.’ She let him in and took the plate,’Why did you come back after I was rude to you?’ He smiled,’I still haven’t heard your story and besides you had your reasons. I can’t force you to tell me though. We all need to control our own ship and not let anybody steer it for us. That’s what it means to live your own life.’ She frowned at this and said,’Such fitting words for a pirate.’ She was right about that and it was something he thought of on the spot but it was still something he believed in as he liked freedom. Arata then let her eat in peace and after she was done she spoke,’I guess I have to tell you or you won’t leave me alone.’ He shook his head,’I said I won’t force you to do anything. Do what you want.

She stayed silent for a moment and began,’I was born and lived on a small island quite a long way from here. It was just a small village where everyone worked together and knew each other. We could overcome hardships as long as we were together. That’s what we thought. However, one day the marines came to our island. The accused us of collaborating with pirates and wanted us to sell them out. Obviously, that wasn’t true. A lot of time pirates just came to our island to steal from us. We were defenceless and couldn’t do anything about it. Sometimes there were pirates that would just buy things from us like normal people would. That kind didn’t caused trouble and just tried to get supplies. That can hardly be called collaboration though, can it? A merchant will sell to anyone as long as it gets them money. The marines didn’t believe us though and a fight broke out. Soon the whole village was raised up in flames. Most of the villagers were dead on the ground some were still fighting but it didn’t last long. I was wounded. Could barely move. In front of me were bodies littered everywhere and the marines were getting closer by the second. I gave up at that moment and accepted my fate. It was then that he came. Even though the whole village was burning and it was hard to breathe the air around him was ice cold. Seeing him as a bigger threat than me they focused on him instead. It didn’t take him long to kill all of them. After it was over he reached out his hand to me,’Come with me,’ he said. There wasn’t anything else to save. Only a single wounded girl. I took his hand and we left. He treated me and we came here. Now the marines are after me to not spread news of what happened on that island and also the information on the pirates. After that I’ll be useless to them and they will kill me.

With that the story ended. The mood in the room was really unpleasant for the both of them as it was not an easy topic. As he listened to her Arata imagined what would happen if this happened to Syrup Village. It was a terrible fate. Something that he wouldn’t even wish upon his mortal enemy. It was a very recent event and as she spoke tears formed in her eyes and flowed down her cheeks,’Now you know…What will you do?’ Arata got up from his seat and went up to her to wipe away her tears,’I’m hardly a pirate. My journey has only just begun. This is my first island that I came to.  I don’t have a crew nor a ship. You said it yourself that there were some decent pirates. I want to do what I believe is right. To not have any regrets and enjoy my freedom as much as possible. You did nothing wrong to be chased by the marines. I want to help you.’ It looks like she wasn’t exactly comfortable with him wiping her tears and touching her face because of that but she didn’t stop him. Not out of fear of anything but simply because she didn’t know what to do,’Can I finally have your name?’ She nodded,’Rina. Rina Yukimura.’ Arata then patted her head,’Well then, Rina. You can stop crying now and trust me. Or maybe it’s better if you cry it all out? I don’t know I’m not good at these things.’ He said so with a chuckle and so she responded,’Idiot.

WC:1,013
Arata Mizushima

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arata Mizushima on Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:20 am

Once Rina stopped crying and calm down the mood somewhat returned to normal and they could talk again normally. Arata decided to change the topic so get her to stop thinking about it,’Is your hair naturally white?’ She was surprised at the question but looks like she heard it many times before,’Oh,yes. It’s a special gene that I have that turns it white. Or maybe it’s some kind of gene mutation? I don’t know about that stuff. I’ve never dyed it or want to. I could never afford any dyes to begin with.’ The pirate nodded satisfied with the answer,’That’s quite interesting. I’ve never seen someone with white hair…well apart from old people but that’s more grayish than white. It looks good on you. Have you ever thought about growing it out?’ She nodded to this,’I have and decided that it’s easier to manage when it’s short. Though maybe in the future I will grow it out. Who knows.’ That made sense to him as even for a guy having too long hair gets annoying.

He had to think of a next question to ask her in order to keep the conversation going. It was important to get to know each other at this stage,’What is Fujimoto like? He saved you so you probably know a bit more about him than other people.’ Rina shrugged at this,’He doesn’t talk much either. He’s part of a guild called Seventh Sanctum. I haven’t met any other guild members since they split up before he came to my island. I guess you could say he’s quite a rational person but I don’t know what his or his guilds aim is. Some see him as a villain but I think he’s quite a good guy.’ He listened and compared it with what he knew already,’I see. Now it makes sense why his guild only has seven people. He really doesn’t seem like a bad person. I think that he is trying to change the world for the better.’ She thought about it for a second,’I guess that would fit him. What about you? What is your goal?

The pirate scratched his head,’Well, I left my village to go on a journey. I wanted to be free. We have so much freedom so I want to use it. As much as I liked my village, I didn’t want to be stuck there for the rest of my life. There are so many places to explore and even uncharted lands. I want to see them.’ Even though she probably hated pirates it looked like she was alright with him though obviously their relationship was quite fragile. He didn’t know what she thought of him but he did nothing so far to prove that he is a bad person. She then asked,’Why not become a regular sailor then? That would save you so much trouble.’ Arata grinned at this,’A pirate’s life is filled with adventure. That’s the kind of life I want. I don’t care that a pirate should do this or this. I just want to be me.

Rina let out a sigh,’Boys will be boys. Do you know how to fight at least?’ He nodded,’I can’t call myself a master or anything but yes I can. I was actually one of the strongest back in my village but that’s not nearly enough to go to the Grand Line. I still need to get much stronger if I want to compete with the strongest pirates and marines. How about you? Did Fujimoto teach you anything?’ She nodded at this,’He did though I’m still a bit clumsy with it and not exactly good but I should be able to defend myself. I don’t know how I feel about this though. I don’t really want to kill people but I also know they won’t hesitate to kill me if the need arises. Such a cruel world we live in.’ He couldn’t agree more with this statement. Arata also didn’t want to kill anyone but his opponent probably wouldn’t be so merciful. Having the power to kill someone is a scary thing.

Since they were going down another depressing topic the pirate thought of another question,’So, will you come with me to meet Fujimoto?’ That was his mission after all. If he brought Rina to him maybe they would leave this island and escape the marines. Hiding in one place for too long was never a good thing. At the same time, the mage said he had some business to do here. Running away could hardly be called ‘business’. He didn’t have to run away too since he was so strong that no one could harm him. What was his aim on this island then? Rina then answered with a nod,’I will but not now. We can go after dark and I need you to get me a cloak or something. If someone sees me then that’s the end for me. It’s better to take every precaution possible rather than regret it later.’ He agreed with this. It was the same reason why she wore a sack over her head whenever opening the doors. It doesn’t matter what her face looks like but if someone was to see her white hair then they would instantly know it’s her. As much as it looked good it did stand out since it was an unusual colour,’Alright. I’ll do it.’ The plan was made and only the execution was left. After they do it they may be able to find out more of the story and its continuation.

WC:926
Arata Mizushima

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arata Mizushima on Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:10 pm

While he was talking with Rina time seemed to pass by faster and it was now afternoon. He knew what they had to do so they didn’t want to waste time,’What will you do while I’m gone?’ Rina looked at him with a bland expression,’What I’ve been doing up until now. Sitting in my room waiting for the days to pass.’ Hearing that made him sad. She couldn’t go anywhere and was holed up in this room for who knows how long. There was nothing he could do about it though,’I see. See you in the evening then.’ She nodded and with that Arata left.

Before leaving the tavern, he talked to the bartender and told him about the progress he made. Obviously, he wouldn’t tell Fujimoto but he figured he was just as interested. Arata then left the tavern and went out to buy the cloak. It wasn’t hard to find one and it wasn’t really expensive either so it really wasn’t a problem. Since this didn’t take long he still had the whole day until the meeting time. Once he brought Rina to Fujimoto they would probably be leaving the island and so would he. Exploring was fun and all but it wasn’t as eventful as he thought it would be.

The pirate started looking for supplies around the stores to pass the time. Since it was canned food it didn’t really matter if he bought it now or later since it wouldn’t go off for quite a while. However, he noticed that the price in the city was much more expensive than back in Syrup Village. Other islands would likely have a similar price which made him wonder how long his money will last. He wasn’t earning anything so he was just losing money over the days. Getting a job was out of the question since that would make him stuck on a single island again. Bounty hunting was something he wasn’t willing to do either. Pirates mainly got money from finding treasures and stuff, but where to start? All of this was new to him but without a source of income the journey surely wouldn’t last a very long time. He would have to think of something soon.

Arata then returned to his boat to pack up the supplies. He hasn’t used all the food from last time so now he had more than enough for the journey. He sat in his boat and opened the map. Where would he go next? There were so many islands that he could visit and he didn’t know what any of them were famous for. One thing that was certain was that Shells Town was actually a marine base so that was one place he should avoid,’Decisions…decisions.

In the evening, he returned to the tavern but when he was outside it was much louder than usual. He heard screams and noises of a fight. Maybe it was the marines that came into the tavern looking for Rina? He had to check it out so he ran in only to be swung at with a chair. Thinking fast he dodged with a roll and turned it to a sweeping kick to make the attacker lose his balance. When he looked at the attacker it was a pirate but he didn’t have time to stay still as another one came trying to give him a right hook in the face. Arata sidestepped and then elbowed him in the face. He wasn’t going to draw his sword and he didn’t know the reason why they were fighting but if he was going to be attacked then he would retaliate. Another two came at him so he grabbed the first one by his extended hand,got him in an armlock and kicked him at the second one making them both fall over. While he was doing this someone jumped behind him and went for a takedown hitting him in the head. It was quite effective and becoming clear that things were going way out of control.
He then rolled out of the way as he was about to be stomped by someones foot. It looks like at this point it didn’t matter who was fighting as long as there was a fight. He took out the guy who tried to stomp him with a right hook and then kneed the guy who did a takedown on him in the stomach to make him fall back to the floor. It was evening so the tavern was full of people but because of the fight less and less remained standing. Suddenly someone grabbed him and punched him in the face making him see stars for a moment and Arata fell to the ground. However, what made the journey even more unpleasant was the chair that decided to come into contact with his head and cut his left temple. Blood flowed out of his nose,which luckily wasn’t broken, and out of the cut on his left temple. It was then that a slam against wood silenced everyone,’You’ve destroyed enough of my property! Unless you calm down I will put the costs of repair plus extra on your bills for the damage caused. If you don’t like it there’s the door.

With that the fighting stopped and everyone began cleaning,while grumbling of course, but Arata headed upstairs instead and knocked on the door. Rina opened and looked at him in shock,’You’re hurt! Quick come in.’ She basically dragged him in and forced him to sit,’Don’t move.’ He stayed still as she wiped away the blood and cleaned the wound on his temple to make sure it won’t become infected,’What is happening down there? I heard the ruckus from up here.’ He smiled,’Oh you know just the usual pirate brawl. It was already in progress when I came in. It so happens that I was thought of as the enemy so I defended myself.’ She let out a sigh and put a plaster on his wound,’Idiot. Any other wounds that I should know about?

He chuckled at her remark,’Does my pride count?’ Rina looked at him unamused,’No.’ It made him wonder,’It’s no big deal anyway just a small cut and my nose isn’t broken or anything. Why are you worried about me?’ She sat down on her bed as she was finished tending to him,’I thought it might have been the marines that did that to you but it seems I’m overthinking things.’ It was understandable as no one knew when they would come for her but living in fear definitely wasn’t a pleasant thing. He then remembered why he came and got the cloak out of a small bag,’I got it. There were no other colours so I hope it is to your liking.’ The cloak was brown in colour and didn’t seem like it was used but the material it was made out of wasn’t sturdy,’It will do. We can’t exactly go out the front door though. We will have to wait until past midnight, unless you have any better ideas?

He looked around the room in thought. There wasn’t much they could do that wouldn’t require going downstairs into the main lobby,’Hmm…the window.’ Rina looked at him dumbfounded,’Any smart ideas?’ He let out a sigh,’Come on, it’s not that high. I could make the jump with minimal amount of pain. Then you would jump and I would catch you. That way no one would see us coming out from the front.’ She shook her head not being convinced of the idea,’You really are reckless. If you say it’s safe then I suppose we don’t have much of a choice.’ She put on the cloak and hood while he went up to the window to open it and looked down at the drop. As long as he landed properly this wouldn’t be a problem. It’s not like this was the tenth floor or something,’Alright, I’m jumping.

Arata said so and jumped and when he was about to land he turned it into a roll to avoid any pain. He then gave an okay to Rina and held out his hands to catch her. She looked a bit scared but decided to trust him and jump. Luckily he caught her, though she was a bit heavier than he expected, so he almost dropped her but that was beside the point. He smiled at her,’See? Told you it would be fine.’ Rina let out a sigh and got up,’Never again. Anyway, let’s go.’ Even though it was evening marines were still around but luckily there was less of them. Still they took the route that was the least populated in order not to be noticed by anyone,’So do you know why he wants me to bring you to him?’ She shook her head at the question,’Your guess is as good as mine. Unless he makes it obvious it can be quite hard to figure out what he is thinking or maybe we just don’t know him well enough.’ That answer could not be argued with so he just agreed and they continued conspicuously into the forest.

WC: 1,517

Moving to Midway Forest
Arata Mizushima

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arata Mizushima on Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:20 am

Arata and Rina walked to the port together with their minds made up. Since this was still enemy territory she was wearing her cloak to hide her face and hair to help them leave faster. They were approaching the port but then someone called out,’Stop right there!’ So close and yet so far. They both stopped and turned around to look at the one calling them. Before their eyes was around 50 marines standing all armed with guns and swords and the one leading them probably had a higher rank meaning that he was much stronger,’Hand the girl over and we might let you go.’ The pirate smiled,’And if I don’t?’ The marine leader frowned,’Then we will arrest you as an accomplice and the same fate will await you both. There is also a third option. If you hand her over we will let out go and you will get paid to never talk about this again.

Rina looked at him scared as to what his answer would be. From her point of view, he had no reason to protect her and if he could benefit from this, why wouldn’t he? He was a pirate after all. Arata looked at her and then at the marines,’I suppose we have a deal then.’ Her face sunk as she heard those words and was about to give up but that was not the end of it,’I choose the second option!’ He unsheathed his sword and launched a Sanjuroku Pound Ho at the marines defeating about ten of them. Rina was shocked by this while he was smiling,’Bring it on!’ The marines were not too happy about this but they wouldn’t want to kill her yet so they couldn’t use their guns,’Get them.

They started coming at him with swords but he used a Yakkodori to further decrease the numbers while the rest of them he dealt with by fighting them sword to sword. Even though he was outnumbered, individually these marines weren’t that strong so he didn’t have much problem. Eventually all of them were unable to fight apart from one: the leader. He came at Arata with his sword and the clashed blades. Both the leaders speed and strength were quite impressive but he wasn’t going to let him win. As they clashed blades he redirected the marines blade and kicked him in the stomach to make some distance. Arata then sheathed his blade and unleashed a Shishi Sonson to cut the leaders torso. However, the leader was quite strong so he ignored the pain and swung at him. They were both serious about this but it didn’t take long for reinforcements to arrive along with two more leaders. Arata backed away from them to be at Rina’s side. This wasn’t looking to good but either way he would fight until the end. There was a lot at stake and he wouldn’t let them take her,’It’s over for the both of you. Give up.’ They were now against a hundred marines and three leaders and who knows if there was more coming to help.

Suddenly, the surrounding became very cold even though it was nowhere near winter season so he didn’t understand why. From behind them appeared a familiar man in a Hawaiian shirt,’Looks like you are in quite a situation.’ Fujimoto turned around and gave him a necklace, one with a head of a wolf, before turning back around and unsheathing a black blade,’Go forth, fierce lion! Aim for the top and change the world!’ The mage tilted his head towards them with a grin and before they could say anything a wall of ice appeared between them making them unable to see what was happening on the other side. Yet the result was obvious. Arata sheathed his blade and grabbed Rina by the hand so they could start running towards the boat. At this point, there was no need to run but it still wasn’t the end. It didn’t take them close to reach the boat since they were close to begin with,’Get in.’ Arata said so as he untied the boat from the port and hopped in to set sail. The sails caught the wind and let them move away from the island. They both watched as they got further and further away from it.

Eventually they could no longer see the island but they would remember it for a long time. The pirate looked at the necklace he was given and with a smile he put it on while Rina took off her cloak and looked at him with tears in her eyes. She quickly jumped at him and hugged him tightly,’Thank you…I’m finally free.’ He smiled and patted her head,’It’s a Captain’s duty to protect his crew members. No matter the danger.’ She pulled back and smiled at him with a nod. Arata then reached into his chest of belongings and got out a package,’By the way, I bought you some clothes while I was buying the supplies.’ She looked at the package surprised but quickly looked at him suspiciously,’So now you give it to me? Out here where there is no private space to change? You must really want to see me naked, don’t you?’ That was definitely not his intention but either answer would lead to his doom,’It would definitely be a sight to remember.’ He said so with a smile while Rina let out a laugh,’Is that so? Well, unfortunately for you you won’t get to see anything once I push you off the boat so that I can change in peace.’ He didn’t know if she was serious or not but he would rather not get pushed off his own boat so he let out a sigh. Rina smiled at him,’What is our next destination, Captain?’ She was finally starting to smile more and she even laughed which was a good sign but it would probably still take her a while to get back to normal. Arata got out his compass and set the course,’Orange Town!

WC: 1,004

Leaving thread
Arata Mizushima

View user profile