Anime United: One World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
~Administrative Council~
Kirito Gekko
Tenjinsai Bushinji
Kuroishi Homura

~Managers~
Kumo

~Moderators~

~Lead Moderators~
Fabled (Bleach)
Aria (Naruto)

~Sub-Moderators~
Bleach
Chaos Kaiz

Naruto
Vacant

One Piece
Kite
Koga Senju

~Support~
Mikoto Kurokei
(Tests & Ranks)

~Content Team~
Himurotaiki
Nightshade Servers: Discord
If you have been enjoying the forum, come check out our discord.

You can chat with the other members casually in text or voice chats as well as keep up to date on anything going on.

So what are you waiting for, click HERE and come join our discord community!
Facebook Page Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTubeForumotion on Google+

Propositions

+2
Kumo
Tenjinsai Bushinji
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Propositions Empty Propositions

Post by Tenjinsai Bushinji Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:50 pm

Just as we tweak and try to perfect content that we already possess, sometimes we add new content. Now, we cannot have staff throwing in new content whenever they want. It can create imbalances inside of a verse and with the other verses as well. It can also possibly spawn content that doesn't properly fit the variety of roleplay our forum possesses. That being the case, this topic will be used to discuss propositions for content members of staff may have. We can even sit down and discuss suggestions members of the forum have that we think are good or interesting.

Now, so we can do this in an orderly fashion, we will post the propositions in a separate topic. Whomever wishes to propose it, create a topic in this same section, and then we can begin a discussion here. At the end of the discussion, if a clear resolution has not been reached, we can take a vote to pass it through to the public. If a piece of content is received well, or passes a vote, it will be assigned to an individual to integrate into the RP. If it is not, then it will be denied and will not be added.

Now while I try to promote balance and fairness, there does need to be an upper echelon of decision making here. While myself and Kirito will indeed be voting on content as well as the rest of you, we will reserve the choice to completely veto a suggestion. In this case, the content will be denied, and there will be no further discussion. If you wish to discuss it with the vetoing party privately and see if there is a compromise that it can be brought to, then that is your choice. But any vetoed content will be denied immediately.

Just to be clear though, vetos will be used very sparingly. They are a last resort for myself and Kirito if we truly believe that whatever is being suggested will not help the roleplay or will change it significantly in a way that will not be beneficial. I want everyone to have the chance to voice their opinion and for the forum to be able to grow both the RP, and beyond. I assure you everyone will get there chance if they have something to share.

Now have at it.
Tenjinsai Bushinji
Tenjinsai Bushinji

Race : Vaizard
Class : Genius
Power : 172000
Strength : 70
Stamina : 210
Speed : 211
Energy : 226
Perception : 210
Energy Speed : 223

Back to top Go down

Propositions Empty Re: Propositions

Post by Tenjinsai Bushinji Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:07 am

Opening conversation regarding the addition of content to Slayer Magic in the Fairy Tail-verse. Everyone please review the content in question before discussing your thoughts and casting a vote.

I personally am usually skeptical about changing or adding anything in relation to releases. However, after reviewing the continued updates you had given, as well as reviewing the final result, I am a great deal more relieved in the question of adding it. It is well thought out and is self explanatory in functionality in most points. I do have a few questions regarding one or two points, but on the whole I am more inclined to give a yes vote towards this addition at the moment.

As for my questions.

#1: You have introduced two variables called Element Quality and Dragon Seed. What role will they actually end up playing within the application of RP as far as how they effect the user and potentially other RPers?

#2: As far as the Generations of the Dragon Slayers is involved, how will these be assigned? I am assuming this is all controlled by the individual creating the character. Beyond that, for the Third Generation, as it involved the Lacrima, will anyone be able to start as a Third Generation Slayer or will that have to be earned by starting as a different generation and acquiring Lacrima via the Story Arc?
Tenjinsai Bushinji
Tenjinsai Bushinji

Back to top Go down

Post by Kumo Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:04 am

Element quality is an aspect introduced mainly to really differentiate the types of slayers. This is even more important to God Slayers than the others as their biggest benefit would be the stronger element. They do have a stronger release generally, but the main point that is expressed is that under normal circumstances they are superior. For each of the Slayer magics they generally have a high affinity and immunity to their own element, Devil and Dragon Slayer seem to be equal but God Slayer is a step above them.

God Slayers can devour Dragon and Devil Slayer element, as well as anything considered below that. Dragon and Devil Slayer being equal can devour each other's element if it is of the same type, as well as anything below that. The devouring is one of the major aspects displayed, so the rating for it is equally important. Naturally, an attack from an opponent much stronger will exceed what can be devoured and there are examples of magic that have been seen to be of a higher quality without belonging to a slayer type. Laxus' Red Lightning/Raiko was used by him to defeat the lightning God Slayer. I believe this aspect should really only be applied to FT characters, and those outside of it should be treated as having equal quality elements.

I will bring to attention that there is a case of a Dragon Slayer devouring God Slayer magic, and it basically required him to empty all of his energy to be a container for it. That way he was temporarily able to harness it and defeat a God Slayer. I believe that the same should be possible, however the amount of energy gained should be proportional to what is used by the attacker.

The Dragon Seed is more information than a new addition, and it is meant to build upon what causes Dragonification. It is the actual cause in the FT story, and I took into consideration how it was managed when I was thinking about the various generations having an effect of Dragonification rolls.

The Generations I believe should be decided at Character creation. Whether it's changing generations, or making it easier to learn Dragon Force the amount of WC suggested should be enough to justify the upgrade while the choice to simply start with that and give up the chance to naturally change generations would fall on the RP'er. The biggest advantage to the being able to earn the Lacrima is to be able to become a Dragon Slayer even if you fail a roll.

That actually brings me to another point I would like to talk about, do Dragon and Devil Slayers current require a roll? I personally feel like there should be one even if it's not an extremely low percentage so that everyone isn't simply a Slayer. I don't want to limit people, but at the same time everyone being a Slayer of some sort is far from how the series is.

Kumo

Race : Human (FT)
Power : 5
Strength : 5
Stamina : 5
Speed : 5
Energy : 5
Perception : 5
Energy Speed : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenjinsai Bushinji Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:31 am

My next question would be how the Element quality would impact the role of combat. Will the absorption of an attack augment the absorber's stats or is it primarily a defensive measure that can, in essence, nullify combat use of a specific element.

As of right now with the changes that had been made, Dragon/Devil Slayer did not require rolls to obtain. God Slayer was the exception as it was a more powerful release type.

It may be worth it to look into creating a more, lets call it generic, release in addition to the slayer releases given that yes, not everyone is some type of Slayer. At the same time though the characters within the RP are in essence, the exceptional individuals.

Not every shinigami has Bankai, not every saiyan gets SSJ3, yet these are the systems that we operate within.

Though what we may be able to do is have a system that results in a generic release if the individual fails the slayer randomizers, since we all know that anyone who sees the benefits will take the test.

Then, after failing the tests, there can be a story arc where they may be able to 'acquire' Dragon or Devil slayer magic. In the case of Dragon Slayer they could do the Lacrima story arc, or perhaps try and slay a staff controlled dragon.

We can try to come up with something similar for Devil Slayer as well, but this is a seperate conversation altogether.
Tenjinsai Bushinji
Tenjinsai Bushinji

Back to top Go down

Post by Kumo Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:06 am

I would think that it is mainly a way to nullify incoming attacks of the same element, as well as restoring part of the energy/stamina the character uses. In the case of a Devil or Drsgon Slayer managing to devour God Slayervelement it basically nullifies the element advantage and turns into pure combat. But like I said, there are pros and cons to doing that in the ways that are shown.

But you are right about the exceptional individiuals, however the ones who aren’t slayers are a majority and in most cases a lot of magic shown woudln’t suit a slayer release. For example, when I was initially making my character if I hadn’t passed a rill for slayer releases then I wouldn’t have ever considered it.

As for earning Devil Slayer, I can think of a way off of the top of my head to do so and could add it to the doc if you would like to take a look at the idea and consider it with the others.

Kumo

Race : Human (FT)
Power : 5
Strength : 5
Stamina : 5
Speed : 5
Energy : 5
Perception : 5
Energy Speed : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenjinsai Bushinji Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:47 am

Alright, that gets out of the way any reservations that I had regarding this topic. If anyone else would like to chime now is the time. I will monitor the topic for another 48 hours and after that point if there is no further conversation or questioning then we can go ahead and move it to a vote.

In regards to the earning Devil Slayer bit, if you could Kumo that would be great. Just message me on discord whenever you get something together and I'll take a look at it. Though with what you've come up with so far I doubt there will be an issue.
Tenjinsai Bushinji
Tenjinsai Bushinji

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirito Gekko Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:29 am

Time for the votes to come in. i vote for this
Kirito Gekko
Kirito Gekko
Admin

Race : Human (Pirate)
Class : Brute

https://animeunitedoneworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenjinsai Bushinji Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:38 pm

My own vote will clearly be toward a yes. So that is 2 for yes and 0 for no. The vote will be open until tomorrow morning, 9:30 CST. At that point the vote will come to a close and the end result will be followed.
Tenjinsai Bushinji
Tenjinsai Bushinji

Back to top Go down

Post by Kite Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:15 pm

As my first action as a mod, I would like to vote Yes.
Kite
Kite

Race : Fairy Tail
Class : Agile
Power : 49
Strength : 75
Stamina : 62
Speed : 84
Energy : 75
Perception : 82
Energy Speed : 77

Back to top Go down