The Newest campaign Setting

Go down

The Newest campaign Setting

Post by Kite on Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:32 pm

There was a sudden, loud crash several yards behind the sleeping remains of their camp. A tree had fallen, causing the weary adventuring party to jump into action from their sleep. The rogue, a wood elf dressed in various tanned pelts from past hunts, knocked an arrow and aimed in the direction of the noise. His movements were fast and precise, unlike the grumbling, gurgling dwarf who pulled himself clumsily to his feed, brandishing a heavy axe. His eyes darted left and right, waiting for the first sign of an attack. Their time on the road together had trained them to stay alert, ambushing highway men lurked around every bend, waiting for a small party to let their guard down before making their move.

Wasn't Chris supposed to be on guard duty? Where is he?

The two of them looked around their camp, quickly noticing his belongings were still nearby. Starting to think he has an idea about what happened, the elf released the tension on his bow string and brought the arrow back to his quiver. Just past the edge of the camp, around a bend in the trail, he set a trap. It was the clearest spot, so it was the most obvious position an attacked would put themselves in. He didn't expect, however, for one of them to get caught in the rope.

He stifled a laugh but called out to the dwarf to come and see their ally hanging upside down by his ankle, his trousers still undone leaving him exposed. The two busted out into laughter, but Chris couldn't even make eye contact with them. He only did his best to cover himself with his hands while he swayed back and forth in the morning air.

Alright. Dude. Out of character: What in the world were you doing?

Chris stared back at his three friends, staring down at the die he rolled. When the dungeon master told him to roll to make sure he could get through the wood line, take a leak, and get back without getting lost or something bad happening, he assumed it was just for the sake of making him roll, but he rolled a 1, so the worst possible result occurred. He had no excuses. He just accidentally walked right into the trap he knew was there and helped set himself. His friends couldn't even stop laughing at the image of his character hanging there to let him diffuse the situation. It was almost enough to make him feel the embarrassment in real life. It helped take the pressure off of the campaign setting though. They were all nervous about what Hannah had planned for them. She was a really unforgiving dungeon master, and she promised that this campaign would be one they would be talking about for a long time. She said it would be even better than the campaign they just finished where the entire party almost got killed by an evil necrotic dragon. Luckily the king's army helped with the hunt, otherwise the three of them would only have been appetizers. Chris settled himself and leaned forward, picking up his die.

I reach into my bag of holding and draw a knife from its depths. Reaching up, I hold onto the rope and cut myself free, dropping down onto my feet and placing the knife back in the bag. Looking at my two companions, I point between them, past the trees and up towards our goal, the witch's hut. I smile widely and say "Who's ready to kill ourselves a witch?"

WC : 594

Kite

Race : Human
Class : Agile
Power : 30000
Strength : 45
Stamina : 30
Speed : 59
Energy : 45
Perception : 59
Energy Speed : 48

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Newest campaign Setting

Post by Kite on Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:20 pm

Memories danced with dreams all through the night. He hardly gets any sleep anymore. He mostly keeps to himself now, now that the governing bodies leading the world all collapsed. The world had become dangerous, and the weak became food for the hungry. He would have been there too, if he hadn't stepped off that street curb without looking. To think the moment he almost died in an accident was the reason why he was still alive now. His hand crawled up to his face to wipe away the sleep from his eyes Chris pushed himself up to a sitting position with the other. He tried to fight a yawn back until it was too uncomfortable to bear.

The wind outside pushed the chime against the wall lightly, combining the sound with that of the oceans' waves to make a gentle song. Waking up like this almost made him happy, but he knew that he would need food soon, and that was usually an arduous process. He rose from the straw cot in the middle of the floor of the old hut and covered his eyes from the hard sun as he walked outside. The crisp, salty ocean air made him feel refreshed, and he had the feeling that today was the day that he was going to catch that big fish that comes near the reef at sunset. Ever since he saw it the first time, Chris has returned to that same spot every day for more than two weeks, but since then he has only caught a glimpse of the tip of its tail as it fled back out to sea once. He knew, or at least he hoped he knew, that he would catch it one day - all he needed was a little patience, and a lot of luck.

The wind whipped at his matted hair, carrying with it the smell of the nearby outpost. A few others like him, those that wish to live a peaceful life, have started their own community out here on the beach over the last few months. Four other huts were nearby, though they weren't close enough to be seen over the rolling landscape. He was downwind from a nice family of three, a man and his two children. He had an agreement with them. He would help the man to protect his family, and stand with him should he need to, and in return, he would always be welcome for food should he be without any himself. The sound of his stomach growling urged him forward, excited to see what his friends were cooking.

WC : 434

Kite

Race : Human
Class : Agile
Power : 30000
Strength : 45
Stamina : 30
Speed : 59
Energy : 45
Perception : 59
Energy Speed : 48

View user profile