Well, well, well...

Go down

Well, well, well...

Post by Ino Miyuraki on Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:17 pm

Renoka had been asleep five minutes when someone burst through the dormitory door. He had enjoyed his first couple of days at the Academy but the shared accommodation was something he had yet to adjust to. Turning over with a sigh of contempt he glanced at the sliding door all the while pretending to still be asleep. The arrival was someone he had yet to speak to and thus, did not know who they were but already he knew, for interrupting his sleep, he did not like them nor would he if he were to be introduced. Pulling the bed covers from under his chin, Renoka sat up having decided sleep could wait until the room was more quiet for upon the strangers sudden arrival, a hum of chit chat broke over the room, preventing anyone from drifting off should they wish to. Stepping into his night robe and donning his shoes, he decided to walk for a while, hoping in doing so he would become slightly more sleepy in comparison to his current state of passive alertness.

Weaving his way through the winding hallways, he discovered it wasn't his room that was the only one still very active for the time of night, several of those he passed had lights shining through the cracks at the edges of the doors while the thrum of chatter grew steadily louder, and then quieter as he passed. Despite this, no one came to see who it was that approached, they simply continued in their activites while he doddled on past them. Along with some lf the dormitories, he also disovered quite a few of the more social areas were still thriving with life, the library, the courtyard and the dining hall were to name but a few, and each one had at least enough people to make it somewhat difficult for Renoka to pass through. Upon being disovered, unlike normal events of the sort, Renoka was met with odd looks or the shuffling of steps as people eagerly removed themselves from his path, even those that shared the same classes with him seemed less than eager to engage in conversation with him, but he simply walked on by, not caring nor sparing a second glance for those that wouldn't do the same for him.

Since earlier in the day his mind had been elsewhere, which made his caring of his surroundings even less of a priority for the young Shinigami in training, his feet were on autopilot while his mind wondered and he absent mindedly took in the Academy walls, floors and ceilings around him. For Renoka was curious after reading a passage from a textbook in class earlier that very day. The passage in question mentioned "Kido" which though their teacher had refused to delve into the subject , he had heard from his classmates that it was akin to magic and the idea, had sent his mind into overdrive. The thought of being able to manipulate something from nothing using only his mind was certainly something he could set his sites on and achieve over his life in the Seireitei. He wouldn't have been this excited if his classes had been going better than they currently were, his sword akills were pathetic, agility made him seem like her had two left feet, while all of his theory classes made him seem the dunce of the class. It was because of this and the hum of life in the Academy that causes his lack of sleep. As he meandered his way back towards his room and ultimately the comfort of his be, Renoka grinned to himself in excitement, his current goal, to get his hands on some library books that will teach him more on the subject, and if he was lucky, how to begin his practices.

Race : Shinigami
Class : Derp?
Power : 5
Strength : 5
Stamina : 5
Speed : 5
Energy : 10
Perception : 5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Well, well, well...

Post by Ino Miyuraki on Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:43 am

The next morning, the young Shinigami awoke with a groan, having stayed up much later than he should have, he was now regretting his poorly made decisions. Rising up into a standing position, he grabbed his towel from the end of his bed before groggily making his way to the washroom for a swift shower and morning groom session. Once complete and fully dressed, he pulled his red scarf about his neck, moved his jet black hair from his eyes and set out from his dormitory to his first class of the day.

Arriving at his destination, Renoka looked around the room with a sigh as the equipment lining the floors slowly came into view upon stepping through the class door. Zanjutsu training, Supposedly one of a Shinigami's most key and life saving skills, but for Renoka, it was an embarassment if his first class was anything to go by. Instead of a normal lengthed sword, his tutor had handed him one nearly half his height, this caused jealousy as he watched the other kids zip and zoom around their opponents with ease, smaller blades clicking and clacking with each strike. For Renoka he could barely lift it off the ground due to its length and weight, causing the opponents blades to whack him here, there and everywhere leaving dark purple bruises the next day. His class mates often laughed when they had the opportunity to watch him, making comments to further increase his own humility, while his tutor offered words of encouragement through a smirk. The blades they used were dull, so dull he doubted they could cut through anything at all, but when they made contact, they caused most people yelp in pain as the red mark of contact became steadily more visible on their skin. Taking his place amongst the throng of babbling students, Renoka heaved his own dulled sword from the ground, placing the tip against the floor and using it as a leaning post, he listened intently to their tutor's words.

"Good morning everyone, to continue on from our previous lesson, today you will be taking it in turns with a partner again. This time however, you will have weights attached to your..."

Their tutor hesitated as the door swung open steadily, its creaking hinges filling the room with its sound over the hushed crowd. From the entrance, a person wearing a very peculiar uniform stepped in, handing their tutor a note before departing without a word. The moment the door closed the babbling of the students slowly began to build to a dim roar, as their tutor unfolded the page and spent a few moments reading its contents. With a raised hand he turned back to the class as silence once again fell over them.

"Excuse the interruption, I will have to pop out for a just a few minutes or so, talk amongst yourselves for the time being and when I return we shall begin todays lesson properly."

With a swish of his uniform their tutor exited the room, causing the babble to escalate into a full scale uproar as the students spoke in excitement over the events that had just unfolded before them. For Renoka, it was a mystery, but one that he had little attention for as his mind was focused not on the exiting of their tutor or the message that had been delivered, but on the uniform of the messenger. In the book he had that gave him the brief explanation of Kido, that particular uniform was mentioned only once, as a member of the Kido Corps Academy, where those specially gifted in the arts go to further their abilities, and where Renoka wished to be in a very short period of time. What they were doing here, passing noted to a regular tutor, was beyond him, but was something he was sure would become clear in the near future.

wc 651

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ino Miyuraki on Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:17 am

Renoka stepped out of the classroom, his arms feeling like he was dragging weights behind him, breathing heavy from the exercise he had just undergone. Walking steadily, he soon arrived at the Academy's library, with over an hour to spare before his first class he had decided to use this time wisely in his search for Kido rather than spend it as the other students did, talking about random nonesense while eating or resting someplace. Stepping through the large oak double doors, rows upon rows filed before him, each row containing three shelves of carefully arranged books, scrolls or scraps of paper waiting for a reader to pick them up. Along the walls were more books, stretching from floor to ceiling, with a propped up against one wall to reach those higher up. Greeting him upon noticing his entry was an elderly gentleman, wearing a pair of emerald green reading glasses, secured around his neck by a chain, that stunningly matched his black woolen jumper. Shortly after asking where the Kido section was, Renoka found himself before a peticilar row, having followed the gentleman's instructions and his eyes bulged reading the titles of the books before him. Starting with the theoretical books, Renoka managed to get through only one book out of the vast majority he had at his disposal, but the one he had picked up seemed fated to have been there for him to reach. It was a leatherbound book with the Kido insignia on the front and top of the binder, all in all with it's murky brown colour, it seemed to be boring and not of much interest, but after having danced across it's pages with more and more curiosity, Renoka knew the gist of what he had to do. The book was a normal textbook, but at the same time as teaching the theoretical side of Kido, it had listed diagrams to teach for the practical side. Each chapter within a new Kido to learn, and there was many chapters within to study.

Going back to chapter one after his excited dash across most of it's pages, Renoka read slowly, taking in every word to memorise the contents before him.

"Hado number 1, Sho. Often the first Kido taught to Academy Students, the other being Bakudo #1. This particular Kido requires no incantation to perform, simply for the practitioner to gather enough energy in the tip of their index finger and pushing that energy towards their target upon contact. If successful the target will be pushed away several feet from the practioner through kinetic energy."

Nodding, Renoka took a quick glance around him, a grin spread across his face as he detected no one in sight, and knowing the gentleman whom had brought him here would be too far to notice, he set the book down on the floor and gazed at the bookshelf it had originated from. If he could make it so much as wobble, he could go to his next class with a spring in his step and a renewed sense of achievement, or he would fail and try again later, but he had to attempt it for his excitement could not be held back.

Placing one finger against the wood of the bottom shelf, Renoka closed his eyes, picturing in his mind the bookshelf teetering from the energy he would transfer to it. He noticed a buzzing in his ears as his finger started to feel strange, as though a rubber band had been tied nearer to the palm and was cutting off the circulation of blood. Opening his eyes, the buzzing in his ears and the pressure continued as he almost couldn't look at what the outcome may be.

"Hado #1 Sho!"

Hos voice barely a whisper, crackling from the strained effort of trying to be as silent as possible. Though his efforts of being silent were for nought. The bookcase before him launched top end first into the one behind it. A dominos effect was in fact his outcome as bookshelves, one after the other toppled into the next in line, screams split the air from several rows beyond his location, frantic figures rushing past his peripheral vision in their haste to evade the oncoming disaster all the while Renoka remaind like a statue. He was frozen from shock, shaking slightly and unable to take his eyes off the first bookcase he had moved with nothing but his mind, his finger and his voice. Footsteps slowly approached him, this time the figure in his peripheral vision growing closer for it was getting larger by the second until whoever it was, stood, directly beside him looking in the same direction he was as they placed a hand on his shoulder. When they spoke, it was no voice he recognised and turning, he was almost in fright to see the gentleman standing some distance away, the perfect "o" showing his utter shock at the scene before him, while the person next to him was a Kido Corps Academy tutor, their hand causing his shoulder to tense from the pressure.

"I think it's best if you come with me immediately, I'm sure the headmaster and myself have a few words to say about this incident."

With no less pressure upon his shoulder, Renoka was swept from the library, through the hallways and to the headmasters office before he could gulp at the thought of being expelled.

wc 904
Hado 1 sho learned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ino Miyuraki on Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:11 pm

Renoka stepped tentatively into the office, it was plain for the most part, as he had expected it to be, simply outfitted with a desk, chair and a few counters to keep paperwork filed, with various certificates hung here and there across the walls. Standing beside the mysterious person he had followed to this very spot, Renoka gazed upon the headmaster of the Academy for the second time, he was older looking, long brown hair tied behind his head in a ponytail, a clean cut chin and wearing the regular Shinigami outfit he had been taught about in class. With a finger, the headmaster commanded him to sit and the young Shinigami did as he was bid, slipping slowly into a hard backed wooden chair, with his detainee taking the one to his immediate left. With a short cough to clear his throat, the headmaster rallied of the information everyone already knew.

"So Renoka, you were caught mere moments ago by this here Kido Corps recruiter in the library mere moments ago. You were caught having caused quite severe damage to the library and the many tomes lf knowledge we have placed there for your benefit. Luckily, the students in the vicinity heard the inital bookcase fall and were able to move out of the way in time. Upon further discussion with the recruiter, I was told this damage had been caused not only by you, but by your practicing of Kido, is this true and if so what do you have to say in the matter?!"

Renoka looked down at his hands, each clasping a thigh of his legs in a failed attempt to stop his trembling. He could hear the anger and disappointment in his voice and feel it wash over him in pangs of guilt. After attempting to grasp his words for a few moments, he was eventually able to be free his tongue.

"You see sir, we were taught about Kido in class, and since I was failing everything else, I took in immediate interest. After our lesson this morning I went to the library to search more on the subject and came across a book that was able to teach me the basics. I merely wanted to make the bookcase in question wobble, or even move at all for I expected to fail, I never would have guessed, on my first attempt I would have caused a scene like that."

Bowing his head once again, he didn't see the headmaster sigh, roll up his sleeves and place his fingertips together on the desk before talking once more.

"That may be the case my boy but you have violated several of our laws here at the Academy and we can't simply all..."

Looking up, Renoka's mouth opened as his eyes swept from the faltering mouth of the headmaster to the Kido Corps recruiter's raised hand. After a few moments of surprise, the headmaster regained his composure and nodded his head, allowing them to speak freely.

"We will take his education from here, we understand the laws of his actions, but we cannot ignore his potential. I am under orders to see him to the Kido Corps Barracks, where he will become a Shinigami of our order and learn all he must. Rest assured, his actions will not go unpunished for today, but also know he will get the same level of training there, as he would here."

The young Shinigami's eyes flew wide open, his mouth dangling as wide as it could possibly go for his surprise could not be hidden by any means, nor could that of the headmasters, who looked in a similar state himself.

"I don't believe it, it's been years since on of your order stepped in, now you decide to do so for this imbocile who can barely walk through a library without causing a catastrophe! That being said, I know the rules on such matters and my own opinions will not change this, to you boy, I say this: Don't waste this opportunity, for it will never come around again."

Nodding soberly, Renoka was told to pack his things and wait outside the main entrance. He was so excited his feet could barely keep up as he slammed into walls going round corners, sent peoples books flying or even sent them flying in his haste to move as quickly as he possibly could.

wc 733
-Left Thread-
-Graduated Academy (of sorts)-

View user profile