The Most Dangerous Declaration

Go down

The Most Dangerous Declaration

Post by Tenjinsai Bushinji on Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:32 pm

The trip was a long one, but not so time consuming as to require a break out of sheer boredom. Finally though it had come to an end and Tenjinsai now stood before the First Division Barracks, mostly abandoned at this point. Since Captain Commander Kyoraku's disappearance no one has taken up the Captain's haori from the squad. There were of course still shinigami that were a part of the division. With little executive command though, the squad was mostly lawless with people tending to duties as they saw fit and a very loose command structure. The same could have even been said for some of the other squads that lacked a leader, though they had mostly found themselves under the authority of another Captain. The First Division was the only exception in all of this; mainly due to what it meant. One seizing control of this squad was as good as a declaration of one becoming the Captain Commander.

The First Division was always the seat of the Captain Commander and until there was a decisive victor in the war, it would most likely continue to sit vacant. That was at least, until Tenjinsai had decided to make a move of his own. He would do it quietly and under the radar, not wanting to attract attention to himself until the time was right. If he was to announce his purpose right now he would draw the other Captain's to him and most likely end up dying before ever realizing his goal. So for now, Tenjinsai would need to plan his strategy out carefully and move only when absolute certain it was time. For now though, the inner sanctum of this building was calling out to him; he would answer its call. Tenjinsai would move forward deeper into the building, assuming that Mikoto was still with him as he proceeded forward.

It was not too large a deal if his friend had fallen behind, he was spiritually sensitive enough to pinpoint his location in the building. Before long the young shinigami found himself before the large doors that led to the office of the First Division Captain. He placed his hands on the door, taking in a deep breath and then exhaling to calm his nerves before pushing it open. The large doors squeaked quietly as the hinges gave way to the force applied. The room was now opened before him. Dark and gloomy were two accurate words he could use to describe what he was looking at. The office had gone uncared for quite some time. Dust had gathered in much of the room, small plooms being whisked up as he moved forward into the room. The object Tenjinsai desired soon caught his eye as his gaze set upon the desk at the end of the large room.

It was the white haori of a Captain, the same one worn by both Shunsui Kyoraku and Genryuusai Shigekuni Yamamoto. Those two men were arguably the greatest shinigami that had ever lived. Though many would say for certain that Yamamoto certainly was the greatest and strongest shinigami in history. But, that haori was almost a sacred relic at this point, holding even more importance then the haori of any other Division Captain. Tenjinsai moved forward, standing just before the desk and reached his right arm out. His hand glided over the soft fabric, still in good condition with seemingly no dust having settled upon it. It was eerie to be certain, but almost to be expected of such a majestic article. His hand seized hold of the haori, picking it up and straightening it out in front of him with both hands. Then, slowly and methodically, Tenjinsai placed his hand inside one sleeve and followed suit with the other.

The Vice Captain dawned the haori, straightening it out on his frame, and soaked in the entire moment for what it was. By placing on this garment he was declaring his intentions to the entire world in essence. What Tenjinsai had just done was to proclaim himself as the new Captain of the First Division and the heir apparent to Kyoraku Shunsui as Captain Commander. This was the first step in his plan to bring peace, the following step would be a great deal more difficult and involved travelling to the world of the living. There were preparation to be made before leaving of course, and of course opinions and allegiances would change based on his decision. He knew at the very least though, there were two that stood by his side. One of which the newly appointed Captain turned to face, holding his arms out at his side while staring at him. "So Mikoto, what do you think?"
Tenjinsai Bushinji

Race : Vaizard
Class : Genius
Power : 136000
Strength : 68
Stamina : 161
Speed : 182
Energy : 210
Perception : 182
Energy Speed : 204

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Most Dangerous Declaration

Post by Mikoto Kurokei on Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:30 pm

Dispite the conflict Tenjinsai had gotten himself into the fact that he was able to go anywhere on his own was still very impressive. Though Mikoto had no idea where they were going and where ever it was it was some distance away given they had been walking for probably ten minutes already and still had not arrived. Mikoto thought it would be a good time to take in the sights a bit just to give him something to do while they walked. But since they were in the Seireitei there really was not that much to look at in honesty sure there was a few building here and there but nothing really noteable. Thankfully Mikoto did not have to worry much about that much longer since from what he could see they arrived at their destination. What Mikoto saw before him was the what seemed to be the First Division Barracks while it may have been a sight to see at one time it was in such a poor state it was quite disapointing.

The Barracks upkeep was very minimal just the very bare minimum done to keep it in a working state. While a bit lost in thought Tenjinsai got ahead of Mikoto dispite all he saw Tenjinsai seemed more in awe of the place considering its history Mikoto understood even though its current appearance it still was a historical place. Even though it wasnt much to look at it did perk up Mikoto's oppinion of the place somewhat. But Tenjinsai was starting to get a tad more ahead of him so Mikoto picked up the pace to catch up a bit, He watched at Tenjinsai took in the First Divisions Office. Mikoto watched as Tenjinsai put on the captains white haori which at this point it was clear what Tenjinsai's plan was putting on the haori is telling everyone he has put a claim to become the new Captain Commander.

At this point Tenjinsai turned to him and asked what Mikoto thought "Fits you well my friend, though if you are to be captain this place could use a bit of TLC if you know what i mean" Mikoto looked around some more "This place really needs to fixing right know its no place for someone with your rank" Mikoto chuckled. He walked up to Tenjinsai and place his hand on his shoulder and smiled "Congradualtions Tenjinsai on your promotion".

word count 403
Mikoto Kurokei

Race : Shinigami
Power : 60000
Strength : 60
Stamina : 62
Speed : 80
Energy : 160
Perception : 62
Energy Speed : 144

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenjinsai Bushinji on Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:33 pm

Tenjinsai laughed in response to his friends observations and looked about what was now his office. "Yes, I suppose it could use a bit of a touch up. It is unfortunate that the barracks has gone so long without proper care. Without proper leadership though, the squad members are left to run things themselves." The newly appointed Captain sighed lightly, realizing in full how large the task he had just taken upon himself truly was. His final objective in mind was to bring peace to the Soul Society and lead them as the Captain Commander. In addition to that he needed to bring the members of this squad to obey his orders and recognize him as their leader. It would be something that would also be very difficult having been allowed to conduct business among themselves for so long without outside interference. There was much work to be done, but it must be taken one step at a time.

The young shinigami nodded in Mikoto's approval of his 'promotion' and then slowly made his way towards the exit of the office. "Well, this was only a small portion of our trip, a pit stop I suppose." Tenjinsai stopped short, turning on his heel to face Mikoto again. "We have a great deal of work ahead of us my friend, I hope you are up to the task. We need to head to the World of the Living. There is someone there who could be of great help to us in our endeavor." The person in question was someone who would not be easy to recruit, but if possible, would be a great asset. It was Kenpachi Taro, Captain of the Eleventh Division that the new Captain sought to find. She had left to the World of the Living many years ago in search of the missing shinigami. It was one of the reasons that the Eleventh Division had stayed neutral in the conflict for so long.

Captain Taro had kept their own, and her squads, loyalty pledged only to Captain Commander Kyoraku. She refused to accept anyone else as her superior and set out to find him and the other missing Captains. It was a hard reality to face, everything that had happened, but after so long and not finding anyone it was hard to imagine that they could even still be alive. Whatever had happened that day was not of their, or any other world. Regardless, the Kenpachi was a force to be reckoned with and could help build a pillar for Tenjinsai to stand on. This task could not be completed alone, not with everything that stood against him. The new Captain needed help and hopefully she would help him. Tenjinsai then sighed, crossing his arms over his chest, looking past Mikoto and into the dark night sky. "Mikoto, are you prepared and willing to travel with me into the chaos that is to come?

It will be dangerous, and I cannot guarantee that I know what will happen. What I can say though is that I believe, to the core of my being, that what I am doing is on the right path. This is the only way to truly bring peace to these people and end the war."
He paused, moving forward toward Mikoto and placed his right hand on his friends shoulder. "Will you risk your life, not just for me, but for every soul in this realm?"
Tenjinsai Bushinji

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikoto Kurokei on Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:07 pm

It seemed Tenjinsai agreed to an extent that his new office could a new coat of paint or two. But he brought up a good point the only reason the Barracks looked in such a manner was due to the lack of leadership in their squad they were left with their own devices and they did as they saw fit. Which begged the question would the members of the Frist Division even accept Tenjinsai as their new captain they have been without one for so long they most likely have gotten use to the fact they could get away with pretty much anything without repercussions. But Mikoto was not able to dwell on the thought for long as Tenjinsai as he noted that this was mostly a pit stop in a sense and saying they had buisness in the World of ther Living apparently there was someone there that they needed to find who could very much help their efforts. Mikoto was unsure who he was talking about since he didn't know anyone in the World of the Living that could help them but clearly Tenjinsai knew something Mikoto did not.

Not long after saying their next buisness Tenjinsai ask him an odd question, to join his friend and travel with him into all the chaos the was to come. Which then lead to Tenjinsai giving him a as Mikoto would say modivational speach asking him to risk his life for peace. While Mikoto had risked his life with Tenjinsai many time before this was a bit different then normal but the more Mikoto thought on it he changed his mind. Much of what they are doing is not that much different then when they roamed the Rukongai "So let me get this straight Tenjinsai it will be us against the world to an extent?" Mikoto then laughed "Not much different then the old days then huh Tenjinsai?, Of course i will follow you my friend we have done so much together known each other for many decades i am not going to stop now".

With that Mikoto took Tenjinsai's hand and gripped it firmly "I am ready when you are my friend let us go and do what we do best".

word count 372
Mikoto Kurokei

Race : Shinigami
Power : 60000
Strength : 60
Stamina : 62
Speed : 80
Energy : 160
Perception : 62
Energy Speed : 144

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenjinsai Bushinji on Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:37 pm

Tenjinsai smiled warmly at his friends answer and returned his gesture making a sort of makeshift handshake between the two of them. "It is settled then, lets head out!" Turning around and drawing his zanpaktou, the young shinigami stabbed it into the air; the blade disappearing into some sort of a pocket dimension. He then turned the weapon like a key, unlocking a small senkaimon before the pair. While Tenjinsai could have certainly done this before, his technical status as a high ranking noble from one of the great families, he could have been severely reprimanded. Now, combining his noble status with a executive militant rank like Captain, he was free to make any decision he needed to of his own cognisance. As he approached the senkaimon, Tenjinsai could not help but feel a tinge of guilt as he moved forward.

They were leaving Aria behind here, unaware of them moving forward on their own. It was own belief that since was so new to this life and not truly part of this world yet, it was not her responsibility to risk her life. She had been in the Soul Society for less then a year while himself and Mikoto had lived over a century. This was not a duty that needed to be thrust upon her and Tenjinsai was selfish for having attempting to do so before. To gamble with others lives after just barely meeting them, it was not something that he could do. He did not know whether she would be fine with it, upset at them, or a myriad of other emotions; but he did believe what he was doing was right. The newly appointed Captain then steeled his will and stepped forward into the senkaimon disappearing into the World of the Living. They had a Captain to find, and he had a feeling it was not going to be easy.
Tenjinsai Bushinji

View user profile

Back to top Go down