Before Cometh The Storm

Post by Rash ラシュ on Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:08 am

013: What Doesn't Kill You-

-----
CONTINUATION FROM: [Reese In The Dragon Kingdom Lugnica]
-----
OOC| POST RATING [16+] Suggestive Themes|
-----
Reese stepped into the dining hall for the first time in a week and it didn't take long before he was noticed. For a moment it seemed everyone present had looked his way. He made out as many of the expressions as he could as he looked back at them plainly. Most gave, at least, the appearance of indifference to his arrival. "Good!" Reese thought. He could live with "indifference" considering all that had happened. Reese approached the serving table and fixed his plate. Breakfast was oats and milk again, he didn't mind it at all, given the condition of his muscles after a week of abuse. Even now he resisted the urge to winch every time he took a step or tried to move his arms. But Reese never thought the muscle soreness a bad thing, he knew he'd recover and the pain meant he'd become even stronger than he was before. What was the law? "No pain, no gain." he thought.

The table that was "his" by unspoken law of the dining hall was empty and awaiting him. Reese found it odd that Viper and Dorothy were not around, in fact he hadn't seen either of them for almost the entire week he was in his room. He found himself genuinely hoping they were safe and well and shuddered as the visions of their deaths flashed in his mind, but he shook the thought out of his head. It would take time for him to fully recover from the traumatic experience, Reese knew that, but he also knew he'd get through it just like his muscle soreness. And, just like muscle soreness, when it finally passed, Reese would be a stronger person as a result of it.

Reese, sighed as he reached his table, there was just one other thing he needed to address. Although he'd much rather not to, it wasn't his style to not pay his dues. He did not always accept help, but when he did he made sure to express his gratitude. The young man from Tokyo looked in the direction of the table Cassandra frequented. Surely enough, he spotted her sitting amongst her familiar crowd, conversing as they ate.

Reese casually walked their way, his hands planted deep into his pockets. It was awkward to politely thank people, he hadn't had to do it enough for him to get used to the custom. Cassandra's best friend was the first to notice Reese approach the table; she fake-coughed to signal the other girls who all turned to face Reese.

"Uh, good morning." Reese said to them collectively. The girls smiled and returned the good wish. "I won't disturb you for long. Just wanted to say thanks, Cassandra, for last night." Reese realized too late that he could have certainly phrased his words better. The giggles and whispers from the other girls around Cassandra seemed to confirm that suspicion. "I mean for the talk. I think I just needed someone to tell about what happened and you were there." Reese added, looking directly at Cassandra in an attempt to ignore the incriminating smirks from the others. "So, thank you, Cassandra. I owe you one."

"Oh, it was my pleasure... to talk to you, Reese." Cassandra replied cautiously.

"Well, bye. Enjoy the rest of your meals." Reese before he turned away briskly and walked back to his table. He'd barely taken two steps before the girls were bombarding Cassandra with questions and gossiping amongst themselves. Reese sighed and rolled his eyes. "Women." he muttered under his breath.
--------------------

After breakfast Reese headed back to his room. He intended to spend the day in training but first there was something he needed to do. With paper and pen he sketched a portrait of the captain knight from his vision. Although, Reese knew it was impossible for him to forget the face of the man who killed him, he drew the man anyway for good measure and to remind himself of his vow. Once he was done, Reese left the portrait on the floor of his room as he left for the training areas. A war was brewing and preparations were in order.

"The Mischievous Vagabond"
Rash ラシュ

Race : Human
Class : Agile
Power : 48
Strength : 69
Stamina : 60
Speed : 71
Energy : 69
Perception : 69

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Before Cometh The Storm

Post by Rash ラシュ on Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:22 am

017: Cassandra's Decision

-----
CONTINUATION FROM: [Witch Cult: Priestella Faction - Training Areas]
-----
OOC| POST RATING [16+] Mild Language|Suggestive Themes|
-----
... CASSANDRA found it curious that Lord Valenteau had summoned her to his quarters and she reflected on it in the minutes she spent walking to Valenteau's hall. Before the fateful day that she met Reese, Cassandra had only spoken with the Archbishop once during her own initiation ceremony three years ago. In the short months that Reese had been around she'd not only spoken but also personally met with Lord Valenteau and even the masters Viper and Dorothy so much more than anyone else she knew. She also noted, that for better or for worst, she'd become a lot more popular within the Witch Cult thanks to it. However, as much as she might have liked to think it was due to her own efforts --she was certainly a hard-worker-- she couldn't deny that she had a lot to thank Reese Celestin for. Initially, she scoffed at the thought, but after some deliberation she found herself feeling that it wasn't all that bad.

Reese, although he would surely deny it, was beginning to come around. Cassandra could feel it. Sure, he was still very much the brash Reese Celestin she'd met at the river. The one who'd shamelessly defied her (as far as she was concerned, that is) but he had also saved her life. There was no doubting that fact. Cassandra reckoned that things had only improved in recent weeks, maybe it was due to his intense training with Master Viper, but Reese had become much more focused. His outbursts seemed to occur less and less frequently, as if that energy was all being directed towards improving himself as a Witch Cult follower.

Cassandra felt a sudden jolt in her chest as she remembered the vision she saw through Reese's eyes only about a month ago. She hadn't spoken a word of it to any of her friends or even brought it up again with Reese, but like Reese, she was dealing with the nightmares on her own. Maybe not entirely, she admitted. There was something else she could never share with anyone about the vision, something Reese did not bring up that night. Probably intentionally or maybe he thought nothing of it. It would be just like him, she thought, for someone as self-sufficient as Reese Celestin to realize not the power of his own words, to be so oblivious to the effect they had on her since that day.

"Don't... fucking... touch her!" The words resonated in her heart in Reese's voice, with all the heat of his passion and fury. In the vision she saw that night Reese had fought and begged for her life to be spared, he'd put his own on the line to save her again. A double-edged sword, that realization; for one those words were the only way she coped with the nightmares. At the same time, she could not stop the more foolish and curious workings of her young romanticizing heart from grasping at the alluring question of "why?". "Why did Reese say those things? Why was he so willing, in a moment faced with the prospect of emanate demise, sacrifice himself for my sake?"

"Good Morning, lady Cassandra." Valenteau, smiling in the entrance to his room. The sudden emergence of his voice tugged Cassandra from her train of thought as she looked up in shock.

"Oh, good morning to you as well, Lord Valenteau! I- you summoned me!" Cassandra responded, her cheeks a flowery red.

"That is right! I am sorry to disturb you but I was hoping we could have a little chat before the events begin." Valenteau explained as he gestured Cassandra to enter. Cassandra bowed and walked in. Valenteau showed her to a tea table where they both sat and began to drink tea together. A few minutes passed before Valenteau touched on the conversation topic. "As you may have already guessed, I have summoned you here to discuss our shared friend, Reese Celestin. I understand the next few days will be very important to him. I was just wondering if you could fill me in on some of the details. I haven't had the time to catch up with him or Viper recently, they both have been keeping extremely busy." Valenteau sipped his tea.

"O-of course, Lord Valenteau!" Cassandra took a final sip of her own tea before setting her cup on the table. "I'll fill you in on all the details I have." With no regard for the excitement in her voice and completely oblivious of her glowing expression, Cassandra began to spill words like a running faucet, "It's been only three weeks since Reese started training with Viper. As anyone would expect, his skills have increased exponentially, it's actually surprising to see how effective the training has been. Viper's Deathly Obsession apparently had a positive permanent effect and Reese now has a natural adoration for all things knife-related. He even personally tends to every knife he can find on the base, although the kitchen staff aren't complaining, a few others are upset about him chewing them out over misuse of their knives during meals." Cassandra giggled as she recalled one of the instances it seemed to amuse Valenteau who laughed along as well. "Naturally, Viper has taken him in as his aid in the armory, both Reese and Madam Gristel seem delighted they won't have to work together in laundry duties anymore. He's moved to a different room because of it, so I rarely he him anymore. He spends all his free time in the training areas and improving his knife skills seems to be his only interest. Of course he's almost completely dropping Magic Dueling, for now. I even heard Viper saying that he's started to become a demanding little monster always chasing him around for training and spars." Cassandra, realizing that she'd been monologuing, suddenly stopped herself. "Sorry, I went on for a while." she said before she abruptly raised her cup of tea and took a long sip.

Valenteau simply crossed his fingers and giggled. "Oh don't mind it, Cassandra, please continue."

"Well, there is just that Reese has been preparing for this large test Master Viper has set up for him. If Reese passed he will earn the title of Witch Cult Knife Meister. Master Viper called it an examination, but he's set it up more like an event to showcase Reese's abilities as a result of his training. I get the feeling they were planning this from the beginning." Cassandra says with a smile.

Valenteau laughed again. "I sense you've developed a liking to him, Reese. There is a motherly pride in your voice when you talk about him. It's just so strange now, to think you absolutely hated one another a few weeks ago." The Archbishop teased.

Cassandra blushed bright red and began to wave her hands dismissively "No no no! Lord, Valenteau, it's nothing like that! It's just really interesting seeing how far he's come in such a short time, is all!"

"It's fine, Cassandra, I merely jest." Valenteau. Cassandra seemed to relax again and sipped her tea. "Although, we can't deny that you played a role in this as well. After all, you were the one who brought Reese to us. In a way we all have you to thank if we do end up with a new Knife Meister. You should be proud." Valenteau added, Cassandra felt the sincerity in his tone.

"I suppose..." Cassandra murmured. Then she felt it again, the jolt in her heart that brought thoughts to her mind and words to her tongue that she would later wonder what possessed her to voice them. "He's... he's different from me, in good ways and bad, but so much in ways that I have come to admire. He's bold, headstrong, and he has this strange way of putting his heart into everything he does. When he trains you can see the focus in his eyes burning like a fire. I.... I want to keep watching him, I want to see how bright his fire will burn."

Valenteau nodded in response to those heartfelt words and stood from his chair. Cassandra looked up, surprised, as the Archbishop offered her his hand. "Come with me now, Lady Cassandra."

Cassandra took Valenteau's hand, and was pulled up from her seat "Where to?" she asked sheepishly.

Valenteau raised an inquisitive brow "Is it not obvious?! You don't think we're going to be late for our friends' event, do you, Cassandra?" Cassandra smiled and shook her head.

"No, of course not, Sir!" she replied gleefully as they headed out to the training areas.

"The Mischievous Vagabond"
Rash ラシュ

Race : Human
Class : Agile
Power : 48
Strength : 69
Stamina : 60
Speed : 71
Energy : 69
Perception : 69

View user profile

Back to top Go down