003: Enter A Peculiar World of Magic!

-----
CONTINUATION FROM: [CASE FILE: The Mischievous Vagabond]
-----
OOC| POST RATING [M 17+] Some Strong Language|Violence|Suggestive Themes|
-----
[ARTIFACT]
Investigation Report in the K.G.B Robbery Case
"This is Detective Fredrick Jenkins, F.B.I. Lead investigator in the "Mischievous Vagabond" Case. The video recordings left by the lead suspect have provided some insight, however, we are no closer to finding his location or a definitive answer to how he pulled off the robbery. What we have learned is that he was not alone. A woman, going by the name of Cassandra, appears to have aided and abetted Reese Celestin in the heist. What's interesting about this Cassandra is that, unlike Reese, there are no records of her having ever existed prior to the robbery. No birth certificate, school records, dental check ups, or anything else across all our databases. Our best guess is that her records were lost some point during the events of The Great Flash."
]

Reese was knee deep in the river again; obviously, he had no intention of letting the little witch lady drown to death. He looked on blankly as he reached a single arm into the water, grabbed the woman by the back of her collar and pulled her out of the water like a wet rag. She looked terrified and tightly grabbed Reese's in fear of being dropped into the river again.

Reese sighed, "Relax, honey. I'm not going to let you drown. I may be a jerk but I'm not heartless." he said blankly before cradling the little woman in his arms like a child, and carried her back to land. She held on to his shoulders the entire time. Reese felt a little bad inside, the girl had clearly been traumatized --well more than he intended. She had deserved it, but still she was at least his age and yet she seemed as helpless as some of the second graders he used to teach. "Can I put you down, now?" he asked softly once they were away from the water and on the bank. The witch merely nodded, and Reese set her down on the grass.

Reese stood across from her with his hands crossed behind his neck. It was now that he got a decent look at the woman's features. She had long rose-blonde hair that curled at the ends near her shoulders. She was shorter than Reese and had what some would call an innocent face. She wasn't packing a lot of extra in the "assets" department but Reese could tell she was well-nourished. He noticed he might have been staring at the girl and looked away for a moment. "So, we might have gotten off on the wrong foot." he glanced back at the witch; she was squeezing water out of the curls of her hair. "What say you to maybe starting over?"

"I suppose... I would be open to the possibility, if you were." the witch mumbled back under her breath.

"Alright, good enough for me. My name is Reese, I'm 23, and I don't know where I am?" Reese started with a chuckle, he looked at his right palm and seemed to reconsider, but then extended it for a handshake anyway.

The woman eyed Reese's hand, "My name is Cassandra. Cassandra Romerice, I am 24, and I am a-"

"Wait, let me guess. A follower of the Witch's Cult, right?" Reese interrupted.

"Yes, that's correct." she replied. Her expression seemed to ease a bit, and she finally returned the courtesy and accepted Reese's handshake. "And, to answer your inquiry about where you are; you are in Priestella City, in the Dragon Kingdom of Lugnica." she explained.

Reese chuckled involuntarily, "Dragon Kingdom, huh? So you're a part of some sort of role-play group? That mob were in on it too, right? With all the drama... 'kill the witch, waah!'." Reese mocked casually. Cassandra did not seemed amused.

"I don't know what you mean by 'role-play' and I can assure you I have never had anything to do with those peasant villagers!" Reese could hear the anger in the woman's voice, she was very serious. So serious, in fact, that Reese began to wonder if she was crazy for believing all this witch and dragon kingdom stuff. "They captured, and kidnapped me and were going to kill me because they think I have been using magic to rot their crops. When, really, I'm just here to find out who is and offer to recruit them in the Witch's Cult-" at this point Reese could not help but cut Cassandra off.

"Whoa, hold on for just a second. You're serious about this witch and Dragon Kingdom of Lugia business?" Reese said, misquoting the name Lugnica with that of a particular legendary Pokémon.

Cassandra raised her brow and aggressively stood to her feet, fists clenched. "Witch's Cult, and Dragon Kingdom of Lugnica. And, yes. I assure you that I am very serious!" she said with a rather confrontational tone.

Reese raised his hands defensively, "Hey, I'm not trying to make fun of you or anything. I'm just really confused right now. I jumped into Onose River at night time, some green light blinded me, I couldn't move and almost drowned. The next thing I know it's day time and I am pulling you out of a river."

"'Onose River'? There is no Onose River in Lugnica. That is Tigracy river. Where is it that you are from, Reese?"

"Karakura City, Japan?" Reese replied inquisitively, expecting those names would obviously ring a bell.

"'Karakura City, Japan', there is no such place in Lugnica."

"Yeah, well, where I am from --Karakura, Japan-- There is no place called Dragon Kingdom Lugnica, and there is no Witch's Cult. So, there!" Reese countered in frustration. Cassandra seemed to ignore it.

"If what you're saying is true, then it means you must be from a different world... or you have a serious drinking problem." Cassandra explained. Reese didn't get a chance to refute the accusation before Cassandra was speaking again. "I can check if a warping spell was used on you, if you'd like?" she offered.

"With..magic, right?" Reese asked blankly.

"Yes, of course... Is that a problem? You seem doubtful."

"I'm sorry, it's just I'm having a really hard time believing that you are actually a Witch and that Magic is real." Reese explained.

"Well, that stance is grand, given your current predicament?"

"Oh yeah, which is what, exactly?" Reese, smugly.

"Let's see. First, you claim to be from a different world-"

"I never claimed that!" Reese clarifies.

"Regardless, you find yourself no longer in this Karakura City in Japan. You witness a mob attempting to kill a woman because she is a witch, and you proceed to save her using magic yourself!"

"Hold on just one fucking minute, when did I use magic?!"

"That barrier, the sphere that saved me from the water, that was your doing! Wait, you know that, right?"

"What?" Reese, clueless and in denial.

"Honestly, how could someone have Mana as potent as yours and be this oblivious?!" Cassandra said as she stepped closer to Reese and hovered her right palm over the center of his bare chest. Reese, realizing that he was still topless, almost stepped away.

"Hey-!" before another syllable could leave his mouth, Reese felt his body stiffen and the prickling static sensation surged through his body again. This time, flares of green energy rose from his body with a great concentration of it emanating from his chest. Cassandra's eyes were glowing a bright yellow as she began to explain to Reese what was happening.

"Try to stay calm. What you're seeing and feeling is your Mana in its natural form." she shuddered. "You're really powerful, it's a bit off-putting..." She gulped a breath. "My magic allows me to read everything about a person's mana and detect if they have the Witch Gene. I can also identify if a spell has been cast on a person or thing. And I can tell where the spell originated from. Just hold still for a moment."

Reese, still trying to process that fact that his body was glowing and that there was a great amount of strange energy coursing through his being, did not argue. He stood as still as he could and let Cassandra work her magic on him, literally. "That's... strange..." Cassandra remarked. Reese could hear the concern that laced her tone.

"Wh-what is it? Did you find something?" He asked. Cassandra lowered her hand and the energy flow slowly abated to a complete stop and Reese was able to move again. "Well?"

"It's very odd. I'm not sure what to make of it. You have the Witch Gene without a doubt, in fact, you've always had it. It's as if your Mana was being suppressed. But, that spell is too old for me to trace the origin. Every older than to two of us." the witch explains.

"Wait so, the spell was cast before I was even born?! How does that work?"

"I don't know, but it was done by a very very powerful mage or witch."

"Ok, creepy. But, that still doesn't explain why I went into Onose river and somehow ended up here."

"That's the other thing. I found residue of a Dimension Distortion spell on you as well and it is also very old. Even older than the other spell, at least five thousand years old?"

"Wait, explain that to me again, slowly."

"My best guess is that, the spell that suppressed your Mana was placed to hide you from the Dimension Distortion spell. Once the suppression broke the Dimension Distortion took affect and pulled you here." Cassandra elaborated.

"So, someone used a spell to pull me into this world? Can you tell who it was?"

"Yes, actually, I can." Cassandra said confidently. Finally something helpful, Reese thought. However, he then noticed something sinister about Cassandra's tone. Something was very wrong. Unfortunately, he noticed too little too late. "El Shamak!" Cassandra chanted and Reese was yet again unable to move his body as a wave of dark energy surrounded him. He assumed this was one of the witch's spells.

"Unlike, the suppression spell, I know very well where in Dimension Distortion spell originated because I am familiar with it. That spell was placed by an Archbishop of the Witch's Cult!"

"Huuuuuuh?!" Reese exclaimed in reaction to the revelation that seemed completely random.

"I am taking you into custody, Reese! Or should I address you by your full name, Reese Vonn Celestinia, descendant of the traitor Gabriel Vonn Celestinia!"

"The Mischievous Vagabond"
Rash ラシュ

Race : Human
Class : Agile
Power : 48
Strength : 69
Stamina : 60
Speed : 71
Energy : 69
Perception : 69

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reese In The Dragon Kingdom Lugnica

Post by Rash ラシュ on Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:24 pm

004: Encounter With The Witch Cult!

-----
OOC| POST RATING [M 18+] Frequent Strong Language|Graphic Description of Violence|Suggestive Themes|
-----
Cassandra the witch lady, who'd proven beyond the shadow of a doubt that she was indeed a witch capable of using actual magic, was now carrying the twenty-three year old male, by way of levitation, to a destination she refused to disclose. The situation had escalated very quickly, Reese noted. While suspended in the air against his will, the young man reflected on the events that had transpired in the past 24 hours.

He'd been wrongfully fired from his job, which led to a mental breakdown in which he assaulted an HR manager, confessed his desire to copulate with a female colleague, completely trashed his apartment, jumped topless off a bridge and into a river. Following that, he'd nearly drowned, only to realize he'd been magically whisked away to another world --this Kingdom of Lugnica-- whereupon he came across a witch being tosses into a river by an angry mob of villagers. He'd elected --against his better judgement add he-- to save the wretched soul from her aquatic demise, which led him to perform CPR for the first time in a real emergency situation. More importantly he discovered that he possessed the Witch Gene making him also capable of the use of magic and that his arrival in this new strange word was not by chase, but the result of a very dated spell placed on him thousands of years before his birth. Also, his real name was apparently "Reese Vonn Celestinia" as opposed to what he'd been taught and referred by his entire life, and contrary to what was written on his birth certificate and all other legal documents. Extremely. Rapid. Escalation.

"Woman, what the fuck?!" Reese exclaimed in out-rage. "Put me the fuck down, right now!"

"You are very foul, but I suppose that is to be expected from the descendant of the traitor, Gabriel Vonn Celestinia." Cassandra replied, never once did she look back at her captive as he hovered behind her like a helium-filled balloon.

"I ain't the descendant of shit, you psychotic bitch! For the last fucking time, my name is Reese Celestin-"

Slap!

In a single rotation Cassandra had back-hand clapped Reese across his face and silenced him.

"You dare lie in the presence of a follower of the Witch's Cult?! I duly remind you that as my captive you are completely at my mercy!" she muttered coldly, hatred laced in every syllable she spoke. Cassandra then grabbed Reese by the hair and tugged his face closer to hers. "I could slice your throat right now and it would be a praised service to the Witch's Cult, you treacherous scum!" with that she shoved Reese's head away and he simply floated a few feet back. His body rotated just a bit, like a potato floating in a pot. He chuckled.

"Oooooh, ok." he shuddered with a grimace of absolute rage. "Cassandra Romerice, was it?" he was ignored as the witch continued to walk. "Even I know you can't keep me floating like this forever. Oh, holy Hell, you better fucking hope you have the whole goddamn Witch's Cult Council assembled when you do finally have to put me down, because if not I am going to seriously put the hurt on you! I'm talking catastrophic levels of fucking your shit up!"

-----
Narrator: Reese would rant on for the next 20 minutes. For obvious reasons, an unedited quoting of his exact words cannot be used. However we have summarized his rage-filled verbal onslaught in the following paragraph, be advised it is not suitable for the faint of heart;
Reese verbally attacked Cassandra with several profanities likening her to a female dog and described her as a "woman of the night". These insults where not only directed at Cassandra but also her mother, grandmothers, sisters, nieces, and cousins. In three instances he graphically threatened to murder Cassandra and (a) butcher her like a cow and feed her to dogs, (b) Disembowel her through her rear end, and (c) simply "go to town" on her rear end. He verbally attacked Cassandra's physical appearance; compared her to a mutilated promiscuous pig and aggressively demeaned the size of her bust and rear. He also welcomed Cassandra to orally pleasure his left testicle and then his right testicle on two separate instances.  

In summary; Reese was very angry, likely mentally unstable, and in need of professional counseling.

-----

Cassandra, unable to tolerate the verbal abuse any further, eventually snapped. "Enough!" she shouted, as air swirled within her palm, forming an orb of wind that she hurled at Reese in the fashion that one might throw a baseball while she chanted "Ur Fura!".

The swirling orb expanded into a directed gust of wind that slammed into Reese, launching him through the air and into a tree on the side of the dirt walkway. His body slumped to the ground and his head hung down as if he was unconscious. Through her heavy puffs for air Cassandra still heard Reese's chuckles from a distance. And her expression twisted with horror and alarm once she realized the gravity of her mistake. Her attack had released her captive! "Now you done fucked up!" Reese called with a foreboding tune.

"El Shamak!" she shouted, in an desperate attempt to bind Reese with the same darkness spell she used before, but Reese would have none of it. The young athlete was already on his feet and disappearing within a hedge on the road side. "El Go-" Reese emerged from the hedge in an explosion of foliage; leaves burst out from around him like the colorful contents of a confetti bomb. In an instant he was behind the witch lady, his arm wound around her neck and his hand over her mouth. With his free hand he pinned her arms behind her back. Cassandra struggled in his hold but without avail, Reese effortlessly over-powered her. He could feel her slobbering on his hand as she tried to shout out.

"Didn't I tell yo-" BAM!

Sudden trauma to the back of his head and Reese's vision flashed before his eyes. Suddenly he felt little-headed and dizzy and lost all the strength in his arms and legs. Cassandra simply pushed herself and grunted as she turned to face him. Judging by her expression, Reese could tell there was someone behind him that she'd made eye contact with and he realized he was going down. He fell to his knees as his vision blurred, but just before he passed out he saw them, a group suddenly appeared around him in a full circle, all clad in purple hooded robes similar to Cassandra's. "B-bunch... of... candy-ass... puuuu-" the young man hit the ground cold with a thud. A wet patch of red slowly expanded on the back of his head where he'd been hit and a single trail of blood rolled down across his forehead.

"Did I kill him?" asked the bloodied club-wielding brute that stood towering over Reese's motionless body. His voice was deep. The kind of voice one could imagine would belong to a whale if they were capable of human speech. He too donned the purple robe, but his was several sizes to small, it clung to his chest and shoulders and extended only to his knees and he appeared to be bare otherwise.

"Oh, I do hope not, Dorothy." replied another --much smaller and slender-- member, this one was perched up on a tree branch, appeared to have been there for a while. He had two crossing straps going over his torso that held in place a pair of scabbards that housed two long daggers. One was drawn and he was licking the blade. "But, you did hit him awfully hard. A bit excessive, don't you think?"

"I didn't mean to, Viper. He was gonna hurt the little lady." Dorothy explained.

"Oh, I don't blame you, Dorothy, you delicate vanilla orchid. But I can't say Lord Valenteau will feel the same way. He was very clear about bringing our little guest in alive."

The mountain of a man began to sob uncontrollably. This Valenteau character was clearly someone that even he feared. Dorothy knelled down at Reese's side and began to poke at him with the club. "Hey, wake up... please."

It was now that Cassandra regained her voice, "M-masters Viper and Dorothy! Thank you so much for coming to my aid! I-it's an honor to see you in person! I am a huge fan of you both!" she praised nervously.

"Little lady, do you mind carrying our 'cargo'? It seems Master Dorothy will need a moment." said Viper using his dagger blade to point towards Dorothy who'd burst into a full crying fit.

"Yes! Yes, of course, Master Viper, right away!" Cassandra heeded. She awkwardly bypassed Dorothy to reach Reese and used her levitation spell to suspend him in the air again. Viper and Cassandra then both departed with Dorothy eventually collecting himself and following after them.

Last edited by Rash ラシュ on Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rash ラシュ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rash ラシュ on Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:58 am

005: Reese and The Celestinia Curse

-----
OOC| POST RATING [M 18+] Frequent Strong Language|Suggestive Themes|
-----

Reese woke to a throbbing in his head and numbness in his limbs. His vision was a little blurred but he could see Dorothy and Viper leading the group of robe-clad Witch Cult followers down a dark dungeon corridor. He was levitating again and a brief glance after a strained grunt confirmed that Cassandra was to blame. She followed closely behind Viper and Dorothy and the other followers were behind her in single file.

"Real bitch move, Cassandra. Some way to treat the person that saved your miserable ass!" said Reese, he tone was a bit louder than usually, but only because he still couldn't quite hear his own voice. Cassandra did not make eye contact and looked as if she might have been a bit ashamed. "My heeead..!" Reese muttered in pain. "And, which one of you sons of bitches hit me?!" Reese looked ahead and noticed Dorothy with his club hung over his left shoulder. "Hey, big guy, was it you?!" Dorothy visibly trembled at the shoulders when Reese addressed him. "So it was you, yah bastard!"

"Lady Cassandra, please silence your captive or I will have to." Viper plainly.

"Y-yes Master Viper!" Cassandra complied nervously before muffling Reese with her hand.

The group continued down the dimly candle-lit corridor for another ten minutes before it opened up into an underground cavern that stretched out as far as Reese could see. The cavern chamber was much more adequately lit. The floor was made of polished black marble, against which the reflections of candle lights danced. The chamber was lavishly furnished and the faint scent of incenses laced the air. Hundreds of uniformly built pillars kept the underground chamber from collapsing upon itself and even the pillars were decorated with marble and candle stands. Overall, the cavern had a very Gothic feel in its architecture. Reese imagined the chamber could make a befitting vampire lair. Or, maybe just a cult house. There was also an abundance of purple robe-clad cultist, they were present by the hundreds, simply scattered about tending to their quotidian tasks.

Viper proceeded deeper into the chamber, Dorothy and Cassandra tagged closely behind, but the rest of the group dispersed. The walk was not very long, and they eventually arrived a banquet table, lit by a grand chandelier that hung overhead. The table was appealingly stacked with all manners of delicious eatery, and several cultist were still bringing servings of culinary goodness from an unseen kitchen.

"By the great Witch's might, what have you three done?" an angered English accent called seeming from all around the hall.

"There were some... minor complications, Lord Valenteau." Viper, calmly. "However, fret not, the guest is in good health." he assured with a bow.

"You, Miss Romerice, unhand the young man and set him down, immediately." the voice demanded.

Cassandra shrieked, "Right away, Lord Valenteau!" and she did just as she was instructed suddenly a lot more gentle with Reese as well.

Reese was on his knees and he looked around the hall trying to put a face to the voice of this Lord Valenteau.

"Ok, let's get one thing out of the way, I want no part in whatever kinky orgy and/or satanic sacrificial rituals you guys indulge in down here. You can count me out right no-" At that moment Reese felt a freezing hand slide down his right cheek and across the back of his neck. It made him shiver. "Oooohh kay" he shuddered.

"You're an interesting one, indeed. Reese was it?" the voice said as a tall slender form emerged from Reese's left side. The young captive looked up and saw a man heavily adorned in maroon silks lined with snow-white furs. His face was thin with a pointed chin and defined jawline. His eyes were slanted and hypnotic, almost serpentine, and with thick double flick lashes. His complexion was scaly and pale with a purple blush at the cheeks. His long bony arms were tipped with hands of long bony fingers; that were tipped with pointed purple nails that appeared to possess a venomous touch. "You'll have to excuse the poor manners of my associates, they are not the most refined bunch. I am Erengraal Valenteau, Sin Archbishop of the Witch Cult, representing Greed." he added with a nod and placed a skeletal hand over where a beating heart should be.

"Well, I'd tell you my full name, but as of today it appears I've been getting it wrong for the past twenty-three years." Reese replied sarcastically.

"Worry not, Reese Vonn Celestinia-" Valenteau reassuringly.

"Son of a bitch!" Reese muttered in annoyance as Valenteau made his was to the big chair at the head of the banquet table. Reese noted that his tall sickly thin figure appeared to roll across the floor rather than take actual steps.

"We'll address the topic of exactly who you are, how you came to be here, and what it means for you, I promise. But first, we dine!" and with a snap of his finger Reese was suddenly plumped into the big chair at the opposite end of the table. He needed a moment to register what had just happened and dumbly looked around as if the answer was somewhere floating around his head. "You all sit as well, Viper, Dorothy, Cassandra." Valenteau offered, but it was clearly an order.

"Yes, Lord Valenteau, thank you!" the three replied and took their seats at the table.

What followed was an awkward silent meal. Reese admittedly loved the food, in fact, he swore he'd never eaten a finer meal in his life. But that did not keep him from staring angrily at Cassandra the entire time and grunting aggressively whenever she seemed to get over the fact. He could tell he was making her visibly uncomfortable, which was exactly what he meant to do. After the meal was over, Reese was shown to a private quarter where he was allowed to shower and given a purple hooded robe of his own, purple sweatpants, and a pair of black slip on martial arts shoes.

After changing he was summoned to a gallery hall, where Valenteau and Cassandra were already present. They stood before a massive slab of roughly chiseled marble that served as a makeshift table. On it was a very old book with a black cover edged with gold. The book rested on a red silk. "Oh, please do come closer." Valenteau ushered. Reese, skeptical yet curious, heeded.  "As promised, I have the answers you seek, but it is important that you do not interrupt me while I am explaining. Is that clear?"

"Yeah, whatever I guess. Yes." Reese replied before looking at the book. Valenteau had merely paused in his place and stared at the young man as if expecting something more. Reese noticed and awkwardly looked back between Cassandra and Valenteau. "What?"

"Yes, what?" Cassandra aided softly.

"Oh, for the love of-" Reese rolled his eyes. "Yes, esteemed Lord Valenteau. Anything you say, my liege." Cassandra scoffed, but Valenteau rested a hand on her shoulder signaling it was fine.

"Almost five thousand years ago, the Celestinia were a vast and respected noble family living in Priestella City. They were known for their extremely potent Mana and their unique Divine Protection Magic. The head of the family, Gabriel Vonn Celestinia was a powerful and ambitious man; but he came to crave more with his age, and in his ambition he sought out the Witch's Cult. It was only befitting that he assumed the position that I now hold as The Sin Archbishop of Greed. However, Gabriel would serve but a very very short time. Eventually, in his thirst for power he foolishly attempted to over-throw the Witch Cult. He failed, of course. As punishment for his treacherous crime, Gabriel was cursed to serve in the lowest ranks of the Witch Cult for seven-thousand years, but rather than carry out the sentence himself, Gabriel fled our world with only his immediate family, and The Celestinia Curse was passed on to all the living members of the family that remained, then to their offspring, and then unto theirs. Every man, woman, and child of Celestinia blood served, until eventually the family died out. However, there still remained, three-hundred-and nineteen years of the sentence to be served." Valenteau paused for a moment and approached the book on the marble table.

"The spell that brought you here to our world is one placed many years ago, after Gabriel cowardly fled, to ensure that no other members of the Celestinia could escape their fates. Until now, there was another spell that suppressed your mana, and I suppose that of your parents and their parents as well, so that you could not be detected. For some reason, that spell was suddenly broken and you were found and brought to us." Valenteau then flipped through about 3/4s of the book's pages until he landed on a page that was half empty and signaled Reese to come take a look. "This great book contains records of every member of the Celestinia family, the date they were born and the number of years they served. Look closely at the last name, it appeared earlier today."  

Reese very much preferred not to. He'd pretty much understood the entire story and if things were going in the dire direction that he imagined they were, he knew exactly what the last name on the page would be. But curiosity got the best of him again, and he slowly leaned in closer. Valenteau smiled encouragingly the entire time, while Reese's heart thumped in his chest as if it were warning him to back away. He couldn't. He looked for only a second, but what the final line of the page read was definitely what he'd feared. There, finely and unmistakable scribed were the words:

Reese 'Gabriel' Celestin. Born 13th November of Year XXXX. 0 Years Served.

Reese jerked backwards in retreat, but it was too late, the line was itched in his memory and he couldn't deny it.
"GODDAMMIT!" he shouted. Maybe his eyes were playing tricks on him, maybe he hadn't seen his exact name and birth date. He leaned in again and dared to take a second look. Definitely his name and birth date. He jerked away again. "FUUUUUUUUUUUCK! PIECE OF SHIT ANCESTOR, MOTHER FUCKER!"

Valenteau was still smiling, "I suppose your reaction confirms that that is indeed your name written there." He then added smugly, "In the Celestinia Family Record."

Reese was jittery and raised his hands in hopelessness and directed them at the book in disbelief. "B-but, come on, man!"

"Reese, you are indeed a direct descendant of Gabriel Vonn Celestinia! I will admit that in the past, such displeasure would be warranted. Those who served from your ancestors were made to do the most degrading and harsh of tasks, they endured humiliation and torture. They received the hatred and anger that should have been directed to your great great-forefather alone. All people need to vent from time to time. However, I can assure you that the times have changed. While your sentence MUST be served, you will be treated as an equal member of the Witch Cult. You possess a gift far too valuable in our day and age to be wasted. Traditionally, every serving Celestinia was assigned to be the ever-heeding aid of a single follower of the Witch Cult. To follow their every request and demand. In honor of this tradition, I have assigned you to the young lady Cassandra Romerice."

"WHAAAAAAAT?!" Reese in abhorrence.

"I beg your pardon Lord Valenteau!" Cassandra at the same moment.

"This is only fair, seeing as she was the one who found you." Valenteau reasoned.

"Fat-fucking-chance, my dude. I am not being slaved off to anybody, especially not her!" Reese already running for the door.

"Lord Valenteau, please, I beg of you, reconsider!" Cassandra pleaded.

"My decision is final. I bid you both a good evening!" Valenteau affirmed and was gone in the blink of an eye.

Reese had to get out. He ran, barely catching his breath as his heart ached in his chest. "This is some cruelly ironic bullshit!" , he thought, panting heavily. He ran for what seemed like hours, frantically shoved his way through members of the cult and even passed Viper and Dorothy on his way. But, he was no closer to finding an exit. What's more he'd exhausted himself beyond any measure he'd experienced ever before. He leaded against a marble pillar to catch his breath but slipped in a puddle of his own sweat, and hit his head on something on his way down. In a matter of seconds a combination of the trauma and his exhaustion would finally claimed his consciousness.

Rash ラシュ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rash ラシュ on Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:42 pm

006: 319 YEARS TO LIFE, DAY ONE!

-----
-----
Witch Cult Gospel: Personalized incomplete gospel that shows a route to the owners desired future through vague details. (Unused)
Chore List: A single paper containing a list of chores Reese must do daily as a new member of the Witch Cult.
Nike Flynit Racer Running Shoes: University Red/black edition. Shoes Reese was wearing when he arrived in Lugnica. They are worn and slightly damaged.
Wallet: Includes Reese's drivers' license, gym membership card, debit card, personal photograph, apartment key, and several lunch coupons.
Samsung Galaxy S6: Reese's personal mobile device. Battery is completely dead and device was damaged in the lake.

Reese subconsciously observed, as he stood chained up to a pillar in the center of a dark room in the underground Cult hideout, that for a "free man" he'd spent an awful lot of time bound up and restrained against his will. If these Witch Cult people weren't suspending him in the air with "El Smackers" or whatever the spell was called, or busting his head open with an iron club, they were chaining him to something.

Reese was rather docile about it now, but he'd definitely been in objection of this treatment and had expressed as much very explicitly. However, eventually he tired and gave up on trying to struggle his way out of the chains. He realized that even if he, by some miracle, unbound himself he still had no way of finding the exit. Although he might not have always looked it, the young athlete was actually quite sensible.

By their own admission, he knew the Witch Cult intended to recruit him as a member. And, while he had no intention of spending the rest of his life in service to the cult, for the time being he would need to play along. He couldn't fight his way out, not yet at least. Eventually? Maybe. He'd need to best them at their own craft. From what he'd heard from both Valenteau and Cassandra he knew his own Mana was a pretty big deal. Big enough a deal that Valenteau would break tradition and recruit Reese rather than enslave him as a glorified butler.

Reese chuckled to himself, "Alright then." he stated smugly. "These fuckers have got another thing coming!" vowed determinedly. Reese sat silently for the next hour completely emerged in the tactics of his grand scheme. It was strange, even though he was chained up, it was the first time he felt like he had actually came to terms with everything that had happened. Even in his plan, he noted that he'd accepted the fact that magic was real and it was something he was going to have to learn if he had any intention of winning back his freedom. The prospect of executing such a plan, it was thrilling!

However, just as the young man had grasped a semblance of satisfaction and peace of mind, Cassandra showed her dumb face, and Reese, who'd been unconsciously grinning to himself, gave a sudden scowl that expertly reflected his abrupt change of mood.

Cassandra had poked her head out from the doorway and quickly retreated, but Reese saw her, and she knew it. There was an awkward pause before she decided to stroll into the room with a blank expression. She didn't enter much further than the doorway and Reese noticed she was trying to avoid eye contact again.

"So, some of the others noticed you got really quiet an told me to make sure you weren't up to anything." she explained.

Reese hadn't noticed that fact as well, his scheming had preoccupied him. So what? "Blow me, bitch!" Reese, plainly.

Cassandra was appalled, "I don't understand you, why do you feel the need to be so rude?!"

"Uh, you seriously asking me that right now?" Reese, with a deliberate high pitch. "Ok, let's run it over again." , he held up his closed hand and proceeded to raise a finger for each point he made. "First, you kidnapped me against my will!" middle finger went up first. "You've chained me up for hours in a dark room, and you accused me of sexually harassing you." Reese had up three fingers. "All of this, of course, after I went through the trouble of saving your life! And, now I find out that I am going to have to spend the rest of my days basically as your personal servant. Now, I might be new to the Kingdom of Lugnica and all this magic stuff, but where I come from, given the circumstances, I think I am allowed to be a little fucking 'rude'!"

"Well, I am not sorry for what I did! You are the descendant of a traitor, and as a follower of the Witch Cult, I had an obligation to bring you in!" Cassandra. "I am not some heartless bitch like you claim. I am grateful that you saved my life and, for whatever it's worth, I had no intention of abusing the power I have over you as your superior."

That 's' word hung on Reese. He blinked wildly as his brows went up. "I beg your pardon, would you like to repeat that?"

"Look, I don't like it any more than you do. You think I want to be stuck babysitting you, like I don't have better things to do?!"

"Listen to me, female. We are both in this situation because of you! I feel like you're not understanding that! You don't get to fucking complain." Reese stated in agitation, for some reason his frustration made him grin.

"I know that! And so, I am trying to make the best of it! Now, as much as I hate the fact, Lord Valenteau said we are stuck with each other!" she retorted. Then her tone calmed and she added softly. "Which means I can't leave you chained up in here. You are a follower of the Witch Cult now, like it or not. And if we're stuck with each other until... well, for the rest of our lives, I'd like it to at least be a little pleasant." Cassandra then reached into her robe and pulled out a key. "If you're ready to cooperate with me, and not make a ruckus, I am willing to get you out of these chains and show you around." she proposed.

Reese looked on plainly, as if he was mulling over Cassandra's offer, when in reality he'd already decided and was smiling sinisterly inside. This had played out even better than he hoped. He had imagined that he'd need to guilt Cassandra a bit more before she proposed a truce, but this was too easy. Even easier than in the movies. Now, he just needed a way to keep Cassandra close and build a relationship of trust between them; because as much as he hated it, Cassandra was the only person in the Witch Cult that he knew. If he was goiing to learn everything he could about the group and its ways, he would need her... for now. In Cassandra's offer to show him around the young man saw a perfect opportunity. "I suppose I would be willing to cooperate with you, on one other condition?" he stated.

Cassandra's expression flared up with intrigue. "Which is?" she asked curiously.

"You would have to teach me how to use magic."

Cassandra seemed genuinely surprised. "I would be honored to, but honestly I don't think I am qualified to 'teach' you magic. I am still a novice myself."

He shoots...

"Well, that's a shame." Reese and faked disappointment.

"B-but!" Cassandra added quickly, "I would be more than glad to serve as your student partner. I have a solid grasp on the fundamentals, I can help you with that; and as you get better I can help with the more difficult stuff."

Score!

"That's good enough for me." Reese replied.

Cassandra smiled. "Excellent, I will get you out of these chains right away, then!" she said enthusiastically.

Reese was free in a matter of minutes. He stretched and rolled his shoulders to loosen his sore joints before sharing a second handshake with Cassandra that sealed their agreement. Afterwards Cassandra showed Reese to his personal quarters. It was a tiny space, about the size of a small storage room. Reese had just about enough space to lay down comfortably but there was no room for furniture or even a box in which to put his belongings. Most initiates started in similar quarter spaces, Cassandra's wasn't much better, but as a member of the Cult rose in the ranks they got more privileges, Cassandra explained. Next, she showed Reese the training areas, recreation hall, and of course the laundry room, where Reese had been assigned for chores.

It was noon before either of them realized it, but Reese's tour was pretty much over. Today he was excused of having to do any chores but the laundry manager explained he would have to work a few extra hours the next day. One thing became clear to Reese, a person's options and freedoms within the Cult were based solely on their powers and achievements. How far up you moved in the Cult was entirely reflective of your own potential and hard work. He admired that. The young man felt this was the way humans were meant to live, this was the way people were naturally meant to thrive. No political crap, or government limitations and regulations. Survival of the fittest. He didn't need a degree to be the best here. He didn't need to license or permit to pursue his goals. Perfection! Even though he had every intention of escaping --eventually-- Reese openly admitted to himself that this was a place he could see himself settling in. If this was meant to be his prison, he found it more than ideal.

"I guess we can call it a night for now. Get some rest, tomorrow is a big day for you." said Cassandra as she they arrived back at the dormitory hall.

"Really, how so?" asked Reese.

"Well, obviously, tomorrow there will be an initiation ceremony for you and a few others." Cassandra explained.

"Huh." Reese nodded, he hid the fact that his imagination had run wild with ideas of exactly what Witch Cult initiations entailed. For some reason the idea of goat sacrifices and naked people being bathed in the blood of aforementioned goats would not leave his mind. "And from your experience, how do those usually proceed?"

"They're mostly customary. Each initiate formally introduces their self and states why they have joined the Witch Cult and how they think they can benefit it. After that there is a banquet and then everyone goes about there business."

"Interesting..." Reese remarked before going silent. The gears in his head having already begun to turn.
Cassandra looked on for a moment before breaking the awkward pause. "Uh, you know, you're even more scary when you fall silent like that than when you're yelling and swearing." she laughed.

"Tell me, Cassandra, will you be attending the ceremony?" asked Reese.

"Of course, attendance is mandatory." Cassandra admitted innocently.

"Good!" Reese before abruptly going into his room. "Well, see you tomorrow then, Cassandra.Thanks for all the help today. I think this is the start of a great friendship." he said with a smile.

"Oh?" Cassandra's face lit up. "T-that's great to hear. I am glad you've finally come around. And you're welcome." she smiled. "I'll see you, tomorrow, then." she confirmed and took a few awkward steps back.

"Yeah, sure." Reese grinned, "Bye!" he shut the door and Cassandra left.

"Stupid gullible woman and her bullshit Cult!" Reese thought with his back pressed against the door. "These fuckers have walked the devil right through their front door and gave him a spare key! 'Three-hundred nineteen years of service' my ass! They can all delicately munch on my ball sack! I am getting out of here, but first, I am going to bring their little kingdom crashing down around them and then I'm going to piss on the remains on my way out!" he declared before exploding into a madman's fit of menacing laughter and howling. Cult members who passed by his room looked on in either horror or confusion as they went on their ways.

Rash ラシュ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rash ラシュ on Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:53 pm

007: The Witch Cult Initiation Ceremony!

-----
OOC| POST RATING [M 18+] Frequent Strong Language|Graphic Depiction of Violence|Suggestive Themes|
-----
Reese desperately needed to move up in the Witch Cult ranks. Fast! Whatever the amount of time he would have to stay, one thing was abundantly certain from day one, he was not going to spend the entirety of that time tasked with homely chores. "What do I look like, someone's goddamn housewife?!" the Celestinia descendant, mumbled as he folded up purple hooded garbs and strangers' underwear. "This is some bullshit!" ,he declared some time later while hanging identical garbs and undergarments to dry. Until he moved up, this would be the earliest two hours of his morning --every morning. It had to stop. He didn't complain too loudly, though. From what little he'd witnessed so far, he deduced that the laundry manager was a real ball-buster. She had long since taken the dive off the "elderly" end; short, round, and wrinkly. She looked like a little lychee fruit, walking around and yelling at people when they didn't do things exactly the way she liked them and had probably been doing them for the past hundred years. Reese's ancestor happened to be a good for nothing dick-head, so Reese got stuck serving more than three lifetimes in the Witch Cult. What was this hags excuse?

Every time he saw the old lady he thought of how much money he was willing to bet that there was some dark magic at the works keeping this crinkly sack of brittle bones alive. He'd determined there was no other explanation.

After completing his menial tasks, Reese headed to the dining hall for breakfast. The Witch Cult took having balanced meals quite seriously, and that was something he appreciated. The buffet style breakfast wasn't as grand as the feast from two nights ago, but it was perfect in its own feel-good way. What Reese hadn't appreciated were the dozens of pairs of eyes he could feel glaring at him from behind his back. He was definitely on some peoples' bad sides, which was fine and to be expected. Didn't make it any less uncomfortable. "For fucks sake, if you're gonna glare at someone with contempt behind their back, at least make sure they can't notice you! Otherwise you make it awkward for everyone, you bastards!" Reese muttered under his breath as he took a seat in the center of the dining hall and ate alone. Avoided and avoiding. In his frustration he was unable to fully enjoy his meal, but in that he'd found even more determination. They glared now but soon they'd grovel at his feet.

The hour of the initiation ceremony had drawn near; and Reese elected to spend the rest of the downtime in his room. On his way there, he passed a few of the training areas. It was early but a lot of cultist were already training. Some practiced magic, others did hand-to-hand and armed combat. From what Reese could tell, there was a mentor/apprentice-esque dynamic; with mostly people training in pairs or in groups no larger than five individuals. Reese noted, that there was only one person off in a far corner on his own. The dagger-wielder named Viper.

In his training gear (purple sweatpants with a gray sleeveless top) Viper looked a lot different from what Reese had previously imagined. For one, Viper was not as skinny as he thought, in fact the two of them had a very similar build. Viper had a curly dome of blue hair that looked like he tried to comb it down but it wouldn't obey. He had a bang that covered his entire forehead and his brows. His skin was lighter than Reese's, who was naturally more tanned, and Viper's arms were covered in scars. Reese could tell he'd been in quite of few serious battles. From what he could see, Viper was just chilling alone, he casually threw dagger after dagger at a target dummy while perched on top of a wooden crate. As skilled as he was, however, it seemed that no one wanted to be around him and they all consciously avoided him. Viper didn't seem to care at all, but Reese did wonder what that was about.

As he made his way down the dormitory hall, Reese could hear some chuckling going on ahead. Upon inspection, he noticed there was a trio of cultist standing just outside his room door. One had noticed him and nudged the shoulder of another to let him know Reese had arrived. They were all fully clad in their Witch Cult garbs, pointy hooded masks and all, which made Reese suspect some shit was about to go down. He hoped to avoid any confrontation this early and tried to walk pass the three but two of them stood shoulder-to-shoulder and blocked his way. Reese sighed.

"Well, if it isn't our latest initiate, Reese Celestinia." the third one said as he walked around from behind the other two.

At this point Reese had decided that trying to get people to say his name properly was a waste of time and he just went long with the 'Vonn Celestinia' thing. "Well," he shrugged, "close enough."

"When we heard rumors that a Celestinia was alive and had actually been welcomed into the Witch Cult as a follower, we just didn't believe it." the short guy stood at Reese's side. "And yet, here you are."

Reese turned left to face the man addressing him, "In the flesh." he grinned.

"You don't belong here with us. You are not our equal. You claim to come from some strange world, with no magic. You can't even use magic yourself and neither do you have any knowledge of how it works."

"Well, it can't be that difficult, you three ass-wipes seem to be managing just fine." Reese.

"What did you say?" the third guy. Reese could tell he struck a nerve. Delightful!

"Frankly, I don't know what you expect is going to come from this conversation. You got bitchvis and asshead here," Reese signaled to the two guys standing with tilt of his head. "ready to jerk each other off while you go on about how much better you think you are than me. What are you hoping for, that I'll quit and run away or something? Well here's a part of the story that you missed. I never wanted to be here, in fact two days ago I was ready to leave in a heartbeat, but since then I've had a little time to mull things over and I think I quite like it in your little cult." He stepped closer to the man until their faces were just inches apart. "So tell me, whose house is this?"

"W-what?" Reese slapped the man across the face and it bended the tip of his hood.

"W-what?!" Reese mocked with a whiny tone. "I'm asking whose house is this, you stuttering lil' bitch?!"

"I-it's our house. IT BELONGS TO US!" the man hollered back in Reese's face, very agitated.

Reese smirked at that answer and replied calmly. "Good, because I am gonna take everything you own. I'm going to pull the fucking ground you walk on right from under your feet. Then, I'm going to own you and you're going to remember this moment when you're outside pissing and shitting yourself in the cold-"

The man lost it, "ARGH!" he cried as he lunged a Reese with rage and all his might. He pinned the young man to the wall, raised his fist to aim a blow and Reese almost reacted when he saw a club blur through the air and then the follower went down with a thud.

Dorothy had arrived.

In another two swift swings the mountain man felled the other two hooligans before Reese even knew what happened. Afterwards Dorothy stood in the center of the corridor, glanced at the three bodies and then stared at Reese with a large grin hung across his face.

"Uuuh, thanks, Dorothy." Reese said.

"You remember my name! I remember your name too, you're Reese!" Dorothy replied gleefully.

"Yes, yes I am."

"Lord Valenteau said I should say sorry for hitting you in the head the other day. I'm sorry, Reese. I didn't mean to hurt you, but I was scared you'd harm little lady Cassandra."

"Uh, don't worry about it." Reese nodded. "We're cool, man." he assured.

"You've forgiven me, and you remembered my name, that means we're friends, right?!" Dorothy smiling from ear to ear again.

"Yeah sure, I guess we are." Reese offered a handshake.

Dorothy practically lunged at Reese's hand like a kitten to a ball of yawn and shook it , Reese feared he might loose his arm. "If you ever need anything I'll help you, because that's what friends do. Oh, almost forgot, Lord Valenteau wanted to see me. Ok, bye, friend!" He ran off faster than Reese thought possible for someone his size. Each of his steps shook the corridor. And just like that the mountain man-child was gone.

"Quite odd, isn't he?" Reese recognized the voice, it was Viper. He noted that Viper always seemed to be around whenever Dorothy did something. The dagger-wielder emerged from the darkness behind Reese who turned to see him. "But, it kind of falls into the right perspective, once you learn that he's only 11 years old."

"Stoooop!" Reese exclaimed in disbelief. Dorothy, stood about 9'4, was as wide as a doorway, and had the voice and appearance of someone at least well into their thirties. No way he was only 11 years old! Eleven years old and build like The incredible Hulk?! "Just stoooop!" Reese begged a second time.

"It's true! Dorothy is actually a half-giant." Viper explained.

"Of course, why wouldn't there also be giants and half-giants in this world, as well?"

"His parents left him to the Witch Cult out of shame, he wasn't quite human enough for one, nor was he giant enough for the other. His tale is a tragic one, try to keep that in mind from now on. He's taken a liking to you, it seems. You won't find a purer heart around here." Viper said, patting Reese on the shoulder and walking forward after Dorothy.

Viper was leaving, but Reese still had so many questions, and the most important simply could not be left unanswered and the young man called out desperately to the departing Viper. "Wait, Viper!" Viper veered his head back with a raised brow.

"Yes, what is it?"

Reese leaned in and spoke a little more softly; a single brow raised inquisitively, "Which of his parents was the giant?" he asked bluntly.

Viper, who immediately understood the nature of Reese's inquiry, was stunned; but he masked it in the blankest of expressions. "I'm leaving now." and he started walking again.

"But, it's crucial that I know!" Reese called after him. "Holy shit, it was the father wasn't it?!... Oh God,"  The thought had sunk in; Reese turned pale and looked as if he'd fall over at any moment. "... that poor woman!" , but despite those horrified words, a perverted smirk had crept its was across his face.

"Good bye, Reese!"
--------------------

The initiation ceremony proceeded just like Cassandra said it would. Valenteau stood on a grand marble stage, behind a marble podium and delivered a speech to all the members of the Witch Cult, who stood below. Behind Valenteau stood all the new initiates; including Reese and the three hooligans he ran into earlier, they were around fifteen large and in a single line, ordered by arrival; which meant Reese that last one to the right from the perspective of the audience. It didn't matter to him, but it did matter to a few of Cassandra's female companions. It seemed they were having a field-day gossiping about the young man and the opinions varied everywhere between absolutely despising him for how "unrefined" he was or absolutely crazy about him for the same reason. One went as far to to mention to Cassandra personally that she felt Reese was definitely terrible, but she kind of wanted to "fix" him. Whatever that meant. Needless to say the entire conversation was awkward for poor Cassandra Romerice who was put in the center of it simply by association.

Finally, Valenteau's speech ended with a large applause and he surrendered the stage and spotlight to the first initiate.

This fumbling idiot elected to keep his mask on, so Reese never saw his face, but judging by the voice he imagined it was some acne-factory eighteen-ish year old who probably thought joining the Witch Cult was a sure-fire way to see some action with the ladies. Pathetic. His speech went as follows, and Reese, of course, was paraphrasing in a wimpy tone;

"My dear brother and sister Witch Cult followers! My name is Claus Stringer, and I am a virgin. In fact, in my eighteen years of living I have never seen, let alone caught a whiff of the scent of a girl's vagina. I am very desperate and I am here to learn magic and get into cult shit so the girls will think I am cool and maybe finally let me get up in their walls, haha! Wow, my life is sad!" This Claus guy proceeded to tongue smooch Valenteau's ass crack "Oh glorious, Lord Valenteau, our esteemed sovereign, I sincerely thank you for great opportunity you have given me," imitation of smooching noises. "and I intend to live up to your great standard!" ,more imitation of smooching noises. "And dutifully serve the Witch Cult for as long as I live! I am available at any time... ladies please? I am literally up for anyone at this point!" ;was Reese's rough translation of the speech.

Then Claus was done and the other thirteen went up and pretty much did the same thing. It had gotten really redundant, really fast, hearing the same crap over and over. Sure, they weren't all Claus(s) --Reese didn't imagine it possible for there to be more than one Claus-level pathetic in their vicinity without total world destruction occurring as a result of such a catastrophe. But, they were all uniquely agonizing; going on about being dutiful and honorable, like they all failed to realize, "HELLO, you are in a fucking cult initiation ceremony. A WITCH CULT INITIATION CEREMONY! How 'dutiful and honorable' do these purple head-asses actually think they are going to get?!" Reese's thoughts, as he sullenly stood through the speeches growing more agitated and uninterested by the second.

Then his time came. It was the final hour and silence befell the auditorium hall as Reese swaggered towards the podium with a scornful glare, his hands shoved deep into the pockets of his sweatpants, back hunched slightly, and shoulders rolled forwards. He perched his leading right foot up on the base of the podium and gave the audience, Valenteau included, a downwards stare with his chin raised before he took a deep breath. He mustered all the emotions he kept inside and summoned if forth in a passionate explosion.

And it was glorious.

Listen up, all you sons of bitches! Now I've done stood there," he pointed to the spot, "and listened to all these aspiring-ass-eaters go on about how they're gonna impact and make a difference, along with a whole lot of other generic hero-esque bullshit! I'm here to tell you, based on what I've seen today I'm the best thing to happen to this Witch Cult in a long fuckin' while! You can all take your dreams of heroism and servitude, and ram them right up each others asses where they belong! What can I do for the Witch Cult? I don't give a single Dragon Kingdom unicorn shit! Now, what the Witch Cult can do for Reese Celestin? Is the question. And I gotta say, Claus-" Reese eyed Claus in the crowd. "I ain't fuckin' expecting a lot at this point, you pitiful little shit!" He went back to the crowd, "The rest of you can kindly step the fuck aside while I make my way to the top. Don't worry, if the likes of these miserable ass-munchers are the best I have to compete with, I assure you all it won't take very long. I am Reese-fuckin'-Celestin and I intend to own this bitch along with all of you subservient imbeciles. I now gladly invite you all to open your stupid Witch Cult Gospels, skip the meaningless pages that have been your lives so far, and take a long comprehensive look at the page of you all dangling from my nuts, because that's the only future you have, yah shits!"

The auditorium was as silent as a grave, but one could practically feel the over-heating of rage-filled temperaments thickening the air. Reese bluntly looked down on the faces of all the initiates as their eyes burned with fiery pits of rage. Reese took another look at the most personally victimized amongst them, Claus, who'd all but exploded. Of course, Reese elected to set him off first. "Fuck you, Claus." Reese finished. And the auditorium roared to life like a trench of hellhounds howling and thrashing in demand of Reese's flesh. He was yelled at, cursed at, had all kinds of commodities launched at him; but Reese did not relent.

"Let's go, I will take on all you eggplant-ass lookin', Gandalf dick suckin'  son of bitches, right now!" he challenged and the crowd got louder, and then Reese got louder over them yet. "Come up here and get clapped with the El Bitch Slap spell right across your goddamn mouths!" And "come up here" some did try, but they couldn't seem to get past Dorothy and Viper who held off potential challengers at the front of the stage. Neither of them noticed Reese leap on top of the podium. "You want a piece of me, come get it motherfuckers!" Reese violently grabbed his crotch of his pants. "I got your 'desired future' right here!" In that moment time seemed to stop.

Viper had jumped to Dorothy's shoulder and covered the half-giant's eyes before he could see it while he simply shook his own head. Cassandra was in fact pale as snow and by medical standards "clinically dead" for about five seconds. Valenteau, the most astonished of all, simple covered his mouth and whispered, "Oh my~" in a feminine tone. "Alright, I believe that will do." and with those words Valenteau was instantly on stage and Reese was wrapped up in a silk-like material that covered his entire body. He fell over onto the stage as a result. "Settle down this very moment." Valenteau said calmly with an endearing smile and the audience was as quiet and calm as a sleeping baby; all except Reese who squirmed about on the stage with aggressive mumbling being heard from the material wrapped around his mouth. "Well, wasn't that an interesting way to end a ceremony. There will be no further aggression towards Mr.Celestinia let alone any attempts on his life or well-being, am I clear." he got an auditorium-wide "Yes, Lord Valenteau." "Excellent, now, let's eat!" And eat they did.
--------------------

Later that evening Reese was called into Valenteau's personal quarters and given an earful about how he'd single-handedly made himself a prime target within the Witch Cult. But, at the end of it Valenteau also said something that would stick with Reese for the days and months to come. Words that would oddly motivate him more than any desire to escape the Witch Cult previously had.

Rash ラシュ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rash ラシュ on Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:08 pm

008: Bonds and Brotherhood!

-----
OOC| POST RATING [E] Moderate Language|
-----

Three whole days had passed since the initiation ceremony and they were three whole days Reese was forced to stay in his room, as ordered by Valenteau. Solitary Confinement. And a grace period for the other Cult followers to get out of their feelings and move on after the entire ceremony incident. And boy did they surely need it! On the first day, one of the kitchen workers was tasked with bringing Reese his meals, but of course after his breakfast came generously seasoned with saliva and urine, Dorothy gleefully accepted the task. In fact, Dorothy had dedicated his days to sitting just outside Reese's room door, entertaining him with small talk and keeping him company whilst deterring any attempts to verbally or physically assault Reese. Reese had tried to talk Dorothy out of it, but the half-giant pre-teen wouldn't have any of it and insisted friends looked after each other. Of course, with Dorothy around it meant Viper also dropped by every once in a while. And over the long hours of extended exposure, the two of them had begun to grow on him, Reese noted.  

It was the morning of the forth day; Reese sat inside his room with his back to the door and his right arm rested on his elevated right knee. On the opposite side of the door sat Dorothy with his legs crossed and Viper squatted across from him. The three were deep in conversation; Reese had shared with them some of the history of his world and, in return, Viper and Dorothy gifted greater enlightenment to Reese about the Kingdom of Lugnica. The young man from Tokyo was actually astonished by how vast and whole the history of Lugnica was. It made it almost impossible for him to imagine that such a world had existed the entire time without him having ever known about it. He couldn't help but consider and feel ashamed of how small his perspective had been.

During their conversation, Viper mentioned Magic in passing, and Reese was pricked with a curiosity that he did not hold back in addressing. "Yeah, speaking of Magic," he began, "Valenteau and Cassandra have made it quite clear that I am supposed to have some special Magic abilities; but, what about you guys?" he asked. Viper was the one to answer.

"What Lord Valenteau and Miss Romerice are referring to when they mention your 'special magic abilities' is actually called a Divine Protection. They are unique abilities granted to people by the world itself. Although, not all people are born with them and most people who are don't really have useful ones. Your buddy Claus, for example, I believe has a Divine Protection that allows him to never get carpet burn-"

"BWAH HA!" Reese, unable to contain the outburst. "F-freakin' Claus, man!" He'd recently taken extra care to refrain from the use of the "f" word and other profanities when around Dorothy. Viper had made it clear that he appreciated the gesture, which was a plus but not the reason Reese had done it. Dorothy had already gone out of his way the help Reese when he didn't have to so many times and he was sincere in it. He didn't do it because of social pressure or standards, he did it because he genuinely thought of Reese as a friend. Reese, as big as an asshole as he knew he was, he wasn't some heartless monster that would ruin a kid's childhood innocence. Although, he found himself asking "why not?" the truth was maybe it was the teacher inside of him or maybe he'd yet to completely free himself of the social pressures and standards he hated so much. Maybe there was no way he ever really could.

"Yes," Viper chuckled and unknowingly got Reese out of that line of thinking. "It is quite hilarious and sad. The truth is most people have abilities like Claus's."

"So, if good abilities are so rare, where does that leave me?" Reese asked curiously.

"If I interpreted Lord Valenteau's words accurately, your ability is something extremely unique and now rare given the current status of your clan. Only one-in-a-million possess a Divine Protection Magic as rare and useful as yours, at least that is the closest estimate I can make." Viper explained. While they couldn't see it, Reese's jaw had practically dropped.

"Holy Hell." he softly exclaimed after a short moment. "S-so, what about you and Dorothy, you guys have pretty good Divine Protections too, right?" Reese. He hoped to divert the conversation from the particulars of his abilities, felt it was too early in the day to be flattered. Especially by Viper and Dorothy, they were practically his boys now.

"Well, Dorothy's is extremely useful, especially in battle; while mine is more conditional and requires preparation."

"I can blow things up!" Dorothy declared proudly. Reese imagined that meant that Dorothy could create bombs with his magic and took a moment to envision what that would look like. In his mind, he saw Dorothy charging through legions of knights hurling balls of energy that exploded on impact. The half-giant was an unstoppable force of destruction, who launched terror into the hearts of his foes quicker than he could launch any bomb, and he was only eleven years old.  It was absolutely bonkers! Amazing!  

"Aw sick, Dorothy!" Reese. "Dude, you HAVE to show me that some time!"

"I will Reese, dude!" Dorothy with a laugh. Reese chuckled from the other side of the door, it was funny to hear Dorothy use the word "dude" but it was also welcomed. With that sentiment alone he felt a little more at home.

"So, how soon can I get out on good behavior?"

"Well, that depends on Lord Valenteau and when he decides you've served enough time he'll tell us to let you out."

"Yeah, makes sense. But you two will put a good word in for me, though, right?" Reese, jokingly.  

"I don't know Reese. Don't think I could appreciate a reformed version of you as much as I do the vulgar mischief-maker." Viper.

"Oh, you won't have to worry there, I assure you!" Reese and Viper both laughed. together.

In that moment Reese considered, with all jokes aside, that as much as he'd welcome being able to move about freely, he wouldn't mind spending a few more days in his room as long as he had Viper and Dorothy to keep him company. He assumed that being "dimensionally distorted" into a bizarre world where he knew no one had finally made him realize that no man, free or not, could go through life alone. There was strength in numbers. But not just strength, something else. Security. Peace of mind. Maybe Reese was desperate to feel like he wasn't alone, he could never know for sure. But in these last few days he'd come to think of Viper and Dorothy as brothers of sorts. They were his older and younger brother respectively, and the Witch Cult was their highly dysfunctional family. Reese laughed again at that thought and ran his right hand back through his hair as he looked up at the ceiling. He let out a deep sigh of relief, he could tell it would be breakfast time soon.

Rash ラシュ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rash ラシュ on Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:29 pm

011: Revelations

-----
CONTINUATION FROM: [Witch Cult: Priestella Faction - Training Areas]
-----
-----
Reese had again found himself summoned to Lord Valenteau's quarters for --if he'd countered correctly-- the seventh time in the past few days. A couple of those times he'd been invited to discuss trivial matters like the origin of the Witch Cult and the magnificence of the great Witch of Envy. Reese didn't give a damn about any of that. The other times he was summoned to be gently admonished for some indecorous act or another. Such as swearing by the great witch's "sacred parts" during altercations with other cultists. There was also the fact that Reese had become something of a Magic Duel celebrity. Even the young adult from Tokyo admitted that that fact might have inflated his ego just a bit --but wouldn't it inflate anyone's if they had a standing record of twenty-seven victories and zero defeats. That thought made Reese grin smugly as he walked done the candlelit corridor that led to Valenteau's quarters. For the first time he was making the trip alone, but he'd done it enough times by this point that he bore no concerns of losing his way. He'd take the next left up ahead, down the second hall to the right and Valenteau's room was at the end of the hall.

As he walked, Reese began to wonder again the purpose of his meeting with the esteemed leader. It was still very early in the day and as far as Reese was aware, he hadn't managed to offend anyone... yet, of course. He grinned again at that thought. Valenteau's door was wide open when Reese turned into the hall and he shrugged impartially as he helped himself into the room.

Valenteau was already clad in his maroon silks and silver furs and looked to have been so for a while now; Reese wondered if he always dressed so flamboyantly. Valenteau stood in the center of the room, as still and linear as one of the many pillars. Candlelight from the overhead chandelier flushed his dead-pale complexion with the warmth of a soft orange hue. He smiled as the young man approached.

"What's up, Valenteau!" Reese with a nod.

"And good morning to you as well, Reese." Valenteau in response.

"So, whose panties did I wad up now?" Reese with a chuckle. "Hehe."

Valenteau looked perplexed for just a moment before his expression softened. He wasn't smiling like a creep, Reese noted. "Odd." It made Reese curious and perhaps a little concerned. "Oh, no. It's nothing like that. If only that were the case." Valenteau replied, Reese saw in his ever so slightly soured expression that there was something aloof. As far as Reese was concerned, he didn't exactly had a lifetime experience in regards to all things Witch Cult, but he did know --in his limited knowledge-- that anything bad enough to worry even Valenteau had to be extremely bad. "I have received insight, through way of divine revelation."

"Bullshit life-hax gospel!" Reese affirmed internally, though his passive expression change not even in the slightest.

"With the knowledge I have obtained I am afraid we will need to drastically accelerate your training." Valenteau explained. Although his word were simple and easily understood, Valenteau hadn't exactly given a reasonable explanation. Reese waited a few seconds but a drawn out silence stood as testament to Valenteau's desire to disclose no further contextual information regarding this "divine revelation". Reese elected to pry a bit.

"Uh huh... so, care to explain a little? Because all I am hearing is 'Yo, Reese I am putting you in the advanced program because this book sa-"

"It would be unwise for me to delve too deeply into the raw details of this affair." Valenteau interrupted sternly, more uncharacteristic behavior.

"Yeah some shit is definitely up." Reese noted mentally. "Listen, you gotta give me something to work with here, dude. I get the sense that this is something really serious if even you're this freaked out about it." Reese stated plainly. "I'm clueless to the gravity of this situation right now, wouldn't it be better have someone like Viper here?"

"Master Viper will also play his role, as will Master Dorothy, as will Miss Cassandra, and every other Witch Cult follower." Valenteau declared, melancholy seemed to phase over his expression as he spoke the words. Reese didn't think much of it, though. "They will do what is required of them, when the time comes, I am certain." Valenteau seemingly with restored pride and confidence.

Reese snapped his finger, implying that the point had finally clicked with him, "But you're not so sure about me?" he guessed and watched as Valenteau grinned a little and nodded softly.

"Sharp as always, mister Celestin.", Valenteau complimented.

"Comes with the wit.", Reese shrugged.

"I had hoped that in the time you spent here, amongst us, you would eventually come to see the Witch Cult as your new home and the other followers as your new family."

"Yeah, fat-fuckin'-chance!" Reese mentally.

"I understood that given the particular circumstances of your being here, it might take you longer to feel welcomed and accept this new reality. When I offered to recruit you and made the promises I did, I did so under the pretense that I would have the time mold you into someone greater than yourself. You have the potential. That must you have shown; you're already one of our most skilled Magic Duelist, and to have mastered an El ranked spell in just a couple of days is nothing short of prodigious and reflective of your true potential." Valenteau paused for a moment, he seemed to watch Reese's unchanged expression at the mention of his recent achievements. "Reese, what I am trying to say is that you are an invaluable asset to the Witch Cult now. I have seen my desired future in the scriptures and you are paramount to that future. I can not tell you when or how, but you will be called upon soon. I will do everything in my power to prepare you for it. What I need from your is assurance that you will make the right choice when the time comes. That you will act in the best interest of the Witch Cult."

Reese did not waste any time alluding to the possibility that he might actually be considering Valenteau's words. It seemed that the Archbishop had misunderstood Reese's position. The young man needed to make things very clear. "Oi, Valenteau-san," Reese began, with an uncharacteristic use of honorifics, but a faint tone of derision laced his words, "Cut the bullshit, yeah! Do I look like Harry-fuckin'-Potter to you? I ain't your goddamn child of prophecy! What I understand is that there is some sort of conflict on the rise and you think I can magically swing things into your favor."

"Not 'think', Reese. I know you are essential to the victory of the Witch Cult." Valenteau affirmed absolutely.

"Well, I don't give a shit about the Witch Cult winning anything. I fight in no one's interest but my own!" Reese pointed his right index finger to his chest aggressively. He then paced to the left. "I'm no one's hero! And I sure as Hell ain't NOBODIES fuckin' knight in shining fuckin' armor!"

"Yes, I now see that much is clear." Valenteau signed. "Very well, if what you say is true, if I cannot convince you to fight for the future of the Witch Cult, then perhaps I must show you your own future should the Witch Cult fall." Valenteau grinned. However, it was nothing like his usual creepy grin, this grin was sinister, it told a tale of murderous malice. Reese was terror-struck, completely stunned as if his blood and organs had been suddenly frozen cold.

In that moment of complete vulnerability, the Archbishop rushed onto Reese, his long white skeletal arms stretched out towards Reese like tree branches. The left hand hooked around the back of Reese's exposed neck and reeled him in Valenteau's embrace. His head was pressed into the silver fur of the Archbishop's robe collar. Reese would remember inhaling a sweet fragrance before he rapidly slipped away into unconsciousness.

Reese's body went limp and Valenteau sighed softly as he stood to his full height, the motionless Celestin cradled in his arms like a sleeping child.

Rash ラシュ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rash ラシュ on Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:35 pm

012: Revelations #2

-----
OOC| POST RATING [M 18+] Frequent Strong Language|Blood and Gore|
-----
... REESE was on his hands and toes. His top, heavy with sweat, clung to his figure. He stared down at his glistening reflection in the clear puddle of sweat that sat below him. Bending his arms at the elbows he lowered himself closer to the puddle until the tip of his nose dipped into it. He winced as a trail of salty water rolled down his forehead and into his eye. It burnt like the stinging in his arms, his wrists, his core, and his back.

"Seven-hundred... eigthy-three!" he muttered as he forced himself upwards from the ground. He drew in a breath through his nose and went down for another push up. He peered into his reflection again, reassured himself that he was in fact still there, that Valenteau's illusion was nothing more.

It hit him again, like a bolt of lightening it struck his core and his sight flashed with a vision as clear as day. For a second the refection in the puddle changed, and Reese saw no longer himself sweating, exhausted, and panting. For those things, sweating, exhaustion, panting, those were things reserved for the living. And Reese had seen, yet again, his own death.

His neck crushed by a noose as his head hung sickeningly to the left, his tongue sprawled from his gaped jaw. A fly buzzed around his lips, landed on his cheek, blotched with dry crusted blood of another, and crawled up onto Reese's lifeless right eye.

His breath rasped as he exerted his physical strength and rose again. "Seven-hundred, eigthy-four!" he gasped before going down again, with his eyes shut, holding back the tears. His motion had picked up pace, he'd become more sporadic, but his form did not falter as consequence of his panic, he made sure of it. Back straight, hands a little wider that shoulder width, elbows tucked in. "Seven-hundred, eighty-five! Seven-hundred, eighty-six! Seven-hundred eighty-seven! Seven-hundred, eighty-eight!" With each count his breaths became shorter, and his elbows felt as if they would crack from the abuse. Nevertheless, Reese couldn't stop. He'd always used physical exertion to distract himself from mental stress. The numbness that came from exercising provided an outlet for him --a haven. The kind of escape others might have found in a bottle or the at the edge of a razor.

Usually, Reese wasn't one to run from his problems, he always thought of it as the coward's way out. "Dismiss and try to forget"? not his style. He tackled shit head on. But Reese had learned that there were things even he couldn't face at once... or alone --like the prospect of his own death. "Precognition" Valenteau called it. Foreknowledge of a future event. What an unholy power to have! What a curse to bear! Reese couldn't even imagine the demons Valenteau kept inside. "Seven-hundred, ninety-thr.. thr" his jaws began to jitter as tears filled his eyes, blurred his vision and poured over his hands. He imagined to noose, felt it around his throat again as if it were real. "FUCK!" he tried to steel his nerves. To cast out the nightmare. "Seven-hundred, ninety-three!" he cried at full extension. He arms shook in pain and with terror. "Fuck, fuck, fuck!" He dropped again. "Seven-hundred..." His elbows would take no more, and against his ever-earnest command, refused to lift him any further. "Seven-hundred..." He struggled on to lift himself physically while fighting back the growing lump of pain he felt unburrowing in his gut. "Seven.... seven-hundred" his arms gave out, and Reese collapsed to his belly. It was too soon, he wasn't ready to be done.

"Fuck!" He slammed his right fist to the ground before he belched. Overwhelmed by the crashing wave of emotions that had broken through the dam that was his mental fortitude and, for the first time since as long as he could remember, Reese cried out. A sickening bawl echoed from his chamber and filled the halls. He wanted to punch things, to break things but his body had rebelled against him, all he could do was scream and howl, and so scream and howl he did; through the longest hours of the night, until the tears flowed no more and his throat was torn and no sound escaped.  
--------------------

... CASSANDRA did not know all the details surrounding what happened with Reese. She, like everyone else, knew nothing of his meeting with Lord Valenteau. She only knew that Reese's behavior had taken a sudden drastic change. The last time anyone had seen him was the morning after the meeting, at breakfast. He was pale then, uncharacteristically evasive, and seemed to avoid all eye-contact. He'd also vomited his meal moments later and left the dining hall. That was a week ago. Since then Cassandra had not seen or heard from Reese, except during nights when he howled and cried in agony. Night a lot like this one. She herself was not much bothered by Reese's suffering; personally she liked to believe that Reese had earned whatever misfortune befell him. As was the case, usually.

That, however, did not stop her friends and fellow cultist from giving her cross stares and glares. When Reese didn't sleep, no one else in the same dormitory hall did either. As Reese's "associate" --appointed so by Lord Valenteau himself-- Cassandra had an obligation to make sure Reese felt at home. Although, between Reese and herself, it was a mutually detested arrangement, it was an arrangement, no less, that would be honored by both parties. And by an unspoken standard or law of said arrangement "feeling at home" constituted insuring that Reese did not spend the night hollering at the top of his lungs and keeping everyone else awake. Cassandra had been excused for her slacking until now, but a full week had passed and the others wanted a night of peaceful sleep. She would not be excused tonight.

One of her best friends had pulled her out of her bed and pushed her out of the room. "We can't take anymore of this torture, Cassy." she proclaimed on behave of the half-dozen dreary-eyed girls all posted around Cassandra's room. "We haven't gotten a decent night sleep all week!" Another. "Go handle it, Cassy, and don't come back until he's quiet!" Cassandra's friend finitely.

The people had spoken and Cassandra, with great annoyance, marched her way towards Reese's room. An icy feeling of betrayal pricked her sides, or maybe it was just the night cold, whichever be the case she pouted and rubbed her shoulders. Cassandra, with no regard for manners or decency, stormed into Reese's room and spotted him writhing on the floor by the bedside. He hands firmly pressed against his temples as he cried. For a moment the sight of Reese in this vulnerable and pathetic state stunned her. Reese, who was always confident and brash; it was depressing to imagine that even he could be torn down to almost nothing --regardless of whether he deserved it. What could have caused this?! Cassandra shook the thought from her head. Now wasn't the time for that.

She marched towards Reese, kneeled in front of him and pulled him up by his shoulders until he was sitting across from her. She noticed that he deliberately held his head low, avoiding eye-contact again. "Reese, you need to be quiet!" she stated firmly, pulling Reese's hands away from his head. "You're keeping everyone awake!" Her demands went unanswered. For a moment she deliberated, but only for a moment, before she rose her hand. "ENOUGH!"

SLAP!

Adrenalin had her heart racing and her right palm was numbed, but she could hear her own huffs of breath. Reese was silent. "I-I'm sorry I had to... you weren't giving me many options." She explained softly. Reese showed no signs of reaction. "What's happened with you, Reese? This isn't like you at all?"

"Cut the crap, Cassandra." Reese, there was something of a shudder in his voice.

"Pardon?!"

"Just admit it! You're enjoying it, seeing me this way, weak, broken, pathetic! Big bad boy Reese, rolling around in his sweat and tears crying like the hopeless piece of shit he is! I'm sure you and the others are getting off on this one."

Cassandra grunted and stroke Reese a second time. "I came here to check on you, you bastard!"

"I don't want your fucking pity!" Reese as he shoved Cassandra back. "So just admit it, you couldn't care less about my well-being! That's fine, but don't try to adhere to some moral high-ground by visiting me now!" Those words baffled Cassandra and she sat silently. "What are you really here for, Cassandra?! You want to know what happened?! To know what was the straw that broke the camel's back?!"

Cassandra shuddered and clutched her fists. She realized that Reese had a point. While a part of her did care about Reese as a fellow human, she admitted she mostly just wanted to know what had broken him. Why he hadn't been himself for the past week, what terrible experience had he endured. "Why... tell me why you won't look me-" no, too personal. "why you won't look anyone in the face? And why you haven't come out for a single meal all week?" Reese seemed to chuckle. "What is funny?"

"I can't stand to look any of you in the face because I see how you all die over and over and over again. Valenteau, he showed me something supremely fucked up... and now I can't get it out of my fucking head." Reese reaches his arm out to Cassandra, she almost pulled away but hesitated for just a moment and Reese's left hand took hold of her wrist. He squeezed and she could tell he was straining but his hold had no strength, like that of an infant. "When I look you in the eyes, I see how you all are butchered and murdered right before..." Reese raised his other arm towards his neck, "before..." he dropped the arm and shuddered. "It's the coward's way out, I know. But it's easier for me to stay here than to experience that again."

"Experience what Reese? Tell me!"

"No... no way, Cassandra. It's bad. I wouldn't wish that on my greatest enemy, not even on you. Some things we just aren't meant to know."

"Reese!" Cassandra grabbed Reese's head in both her hands and made him face her. In the following seconds she watched as Reese's expression changed twisted by terror as he breaths strained short and his shoulders shivered. "Great Witch's might... what did you see?" Cassandra, terrified in her own right. She pulled Reese closer, pressed his head to her chest and held him steady. Later on, she wouldn't recalled what possessed her to do some, only that in the moment she felt it was what Reese needed and what she needed to feel like she'd somehow helped. Later Reese would fail to recall why he did not resist.

Cassandra sighed, "Lord Valenteau, please forgive me." she pleaded softly, she knew that her next actions might be called under question later. But curiosity had bedded its seeds in her conscious. She had to know for certain for her own sake. Cassandra concentrated her mana, and activated her ability --Divine Protection of Magic History. The ability allowed her to see and backtrack magic and residual magic on people and objects. Her eyes glowed bright yellow as she looked down on Reese.

Once again she was amazed by the abundance and potency of Reese's mana. It was always a sight to behold. The Celestinia blood ran true in his veins. Everything else appeared normal within reason. Nothing hinted at Reese having been subjected to a spell or curse. Then she saw it. Something slithered across Reese's neck. A black tendril of energy laced with tiny bolts of maroon that bounced across Reese's own energy like static electricity.

"That's it the spell residue?!" Cassnadra exclaimed as the serpentine tendril curled around Reese's neck. Cassandra grabbed it and a vision flashed through her mind. She saw it like highlights from a motion picture film.
--------------------

She saw Reese breathing in the magic from the fur or Valenteau's garbs, and then she saw how the spell took hold in the form of a serpent as Reese rested; she watched the way it coiled around his entire body and constricted his spirit. Lastly, she saw and felt the visions through Reese's senses.

She could hear the laughter of the knights as they dragged around the bodies of the Witch Cult followers. Her friends and other she knew. The air was foul with the sharp scent of blood, metal, and burning flesh. Reese was on his knees, forced to watch as Dorothy was burned alive while two chariots dragged him across the ground. Reese begged the knight to stop and was struck across the face. He tasted his own blood. He looked to his left and saw Viper crucified his body mangled by spears, arrows and daggers. Crows had been set loose to feast on his savagely cleaved flesh.

It was becoming unbearable for Cassandra to watch.

Next, Claus was pulled before Reese and the others and forced to his knees. The apparent captain of the knights, a tall and powerful man with a stern gaze and long pointy brows came to light and stood over Claus. He was clad in ivory armor and red cape; he addressed the remaining Witch Cult followers. "For your crimes against the great Kingdom of Lugnica-" he grinned wildly, "You have all been condemned!" The knight then unsheathed his massive sword. The blade was about as long as Reese was tall and four inches wide. "Your sentence?" He raised his sword with both hands. "Death by beheading!" The knight's sword swung low, and Reese had imagined the knight was batting a Baseball pitch.

Claus shouted "Long live The Great Witch of-"

And then Reese felt something splatter across his face and he blinked. When he opened his eyes, the top half of Claus's head was missing. Reese shuddered in horror, a piece of Claus's brain matter fell out of his hair and to the ground in front of him. He looked down at it, to his left a female follower was staring down at Claus's eye. A single extraocular muscle still attached. The female cultist let out a shrill cry.

"Oh, my swing was a bit high that time, no matter I'll have plenty chances to practice my form!" The other nearby knights laughed at that one as Claus's body was kicked aside and dragged away. The knight then looked up at Reese and the others again, a pearly white smile split his face from ear to ear. He pointed his sword at the crowd. "Her!"

Reese looked in the direction of the sword tip, another knight already had Cassandra by the locks of her rose-blonde hair. "N-no... NO! LET ME GO, PLEASE!"

"Hey, you motherfucker, get your full-metal-bitch-ass over here!" Reese. The Captain took notice of him for the second time and sauntered his way. "That's right, you piece of shit, come right over here and untie these ropes so I can shove that sword of yours right up your ass!"

"You're a feisty one... Like a little green pup." The knight slammed his foot into Reese's side with so much force that it shattered several ribs with the all the resilience of raw spaghetti. Reese lurched over in agony and coughed up blood. He could feel the pointed edges of crushed bone stabbing and tearing into his organs as the knight, without any grace, set him back on his knees.

"D-don't... fucking... touch her. I'm right here you fuck!" Reese hissed bitterly, his voice strained by the agony of his injuries.

"Huh, how charming!" The knight as he walked away from Reese and his subordinates forced Cassandra to her knees.

"I am warning you... don't do it." Reese again. The three knight simply smiled his way. "Please." The head knight raised his sword again.

"PLEASE DON'T!" Cassandra begged

"HEEERE WE GO, GREEN PUP~!" He chanted mid-swing.

"NO!"
--------------------

Cassandra jerked away from Reese, unable to watch any more of the vision. She couldn't bring herself to endure it, she wouldn't survive seeing her own death. The thought alone rotted at her constitution; it made her weak at the knees and twisted her stomach.

She covered her mouth with her hands, "What was that? Why would Lord Valenteau show you something like that?!" Reese curled his knees up to his chest and sat silently in thought. "Answer me!.. REESE!"

"How much did you see?" Reese plainly.

"I saw enough!" Cassandra.

"So, you saw yours?"

"Yes." She lied, but then retracted, there was no use lying now. "No, only barely. I couldn't bring myself to..."

"After he-" Reese stopped, decided he hadn't started with the best choice of words. "After you 'pass' he makes me hold you in my hands. There were three others after you... then mine happens. They drag me by my hair, just like they dragged you, all the way across the the field to a tree not far away from where they killed Viper. There is a noose on a branch... I already know what they mean to do to me. I actually consider it might be a better way to go than getting my head lobbed off. Funny right...? My 'leash' the knight calls it. Then they hang me, and it felt so real... even now, I can feel the rope around my throat. I can remember every crease of it, every prick of it against my neck. The skin burn across my throat when they pulled the lever. At least the bastard had the balls to do it himself to stare me down as my life was taken away. The bastard didn't even blink, he just smiled. 'Wiggle, Green Pup, wiggle!' he shouted and laughed with his buddies. And then I felt myself die. Do you know what death feels like, Cassandra?"

"No."

"It a whole lot of scary nothing. No light at the end of a tunnel. No angels or demons. No heaven or hell. Nothing. Like a dreamless sleep..." Those words brought on silence. For what seemed like forever, Reese and Cassandra merely sat across from each other. Reese deep in thought and Cassandra simply lost of words. Eventually Reese spoke again. "Tell that son of a bitch, Valenteau-"

"Reese-!" she started to reprimand.

"Tell him I'll do it... I'll fight. But, not for him, and not for the Witch Cult, but for myself." Reese nodded. "I'll fight." he repeated as if to confirm his own constitution.

Cassandra gasped. "Reese," she replied softly, "I'll tell him. Every word of it, I promise." Cassandra then stood and walked towards the door.

"I have one condition..." Reese called after her. Cassandra stopped to listen. "The captain... he's mine."

Cassandra grinned a little, then nodded back at Reese. "Good night, Reese." she said before closing the door.

The dormitory halls were as silent as the grave for the rest of the night and everyone, Reese included, rested easy for the first time in a week.

Rash ラシュ

View user profile

Back to top Go down